Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-20-2016, 01:44 PM   #61
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingersmurf View Post
Quoted for Truth. The reason the 240 did so well is because it was cheap, and fun to drive. The recipe is simple, cheap, RWD, manual, and fun to drive....
Uhhhhhhh...FALSE. Perhaps the 180sx or the Silvia did well for those reasons...in their respective countries. But the United States 240sx did so well because it was cheap and sporty looking. When that car came out, it wasn't hailed as...well...nothing more than a cheap car you pick up for your little sister or secretary or something. I know WE love the car and all the Japanese heritage and dirka dirka dirka, but it wasn't really all that well received in this country. The Z31/32 is what men bought who wanted a fun sports car. That's why the S14 tanked and got de-optioned and the S15 never made it to our shores. I think we're viewing things through some rose colored glasses.

As for Ford's penor, brand loyalty is a thing of the 80's that's talked about in barbershop parlors by men with twisty-ended mustaches; who play kazoos and shit. It's 2016. If the car makes sense, the car makes sense. Point blank period.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:45 PM   #62
s14slowmofo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
s14slowmofo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
I was bored at work today...
Very creative but I do believe we have the Nissan altima in that body styling already
s14slowmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:02 PM   #63
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
EXACTLY. I dont buy parts from a fucking ford dealership. Visteon lights that are made in Mexico? No thanks. The OEM supplied parts on these cars are a mixed bag of dicks. I'm the type of guy who still gets a hard on when I see "Made in Germany" or "Made in Japan" on the parts I buy. Not always, but usually.

Thats right, he doesnt know what the fuck he is talking about. Its like the same weight. Only gripe I have is that they didnt do shit for power output, its nothing impressive at all.

Bottom line. We need more INEXPENSIVE cars with manual transmissions. I dont need my car to tell me whats popping on Instatwitterface, I dont need to check my email - I need a car that is cheap and fun.
Give this man a cookie! I couldn't have said it better myself. A "mixed bag of dicks" where do you come up with this shit? LMAO
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:17 PM   #64
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
And no the Mustang turbo is not the new S16, it's the new SVO. As stated before the only thing resembling what a new S-chassis could be is the BRZ/FR-S/GT86- lightweight, underpowered, RWD, blah blah. It will only become the new S-chassis once the price drops far enough for enthusiasts to pick them up cheap and tune them to their liking.

IMHO the IDX looked like complete ass, I'm glad that heap didn't make it, would've been a shame for that to be the new RWD Nissan. The other poster was correct, the S14, in the US anyway, was aimed at females. People that knew what it was scooped them up and tried to make them like their Japanese cousin, the Silvia.

Long story short- people that want these cars can't afford them at the current cost to produce, market, profit etc. This is why Nissan hasn't built them. Manual transmissions make up like 5% or some stupid low percentage of new vehicles sold. The market is extremely thin. Sales for the FR-S/BRZ have slowed because the people that wanted AND could afford them have already bought them. Nissan most likely took cue to this and decided to axe the IDX.

I really wish this wasn't true because if this unicorn of a turbo, RWD, sub-25k car hit the market I would very likely buy one. There is no new car on the market that I would drop my money on at this point, so I'll continue to build my S14 to my taste.

Rant over
Old 01-20-2016, 03:37 PM   #65
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
EXACTLY. I dont buy parts from a fucking ford dealership. Visteon lights that are made in Mexico? No thanks. The OEM supplied parts on these cars are a mixed bag of dicks. I'm the type of guy who still gets a hard on when I see "Made in Germany" or "Made in Japan" on the parts I buy. Not always, but usually.
This guy knows where it's at.

I love how everyone keeps comparing apples to oranges here. The turbo mustang weighs 3500 ibs, that is nothing like a 240's 27-2800 ibs. Everyone is so desperate for new shit after waiting for so long that they will accept any corbic propaganda over the truth.

A prostitute is not a princess, and no new car today really compare to our old school Nissans.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:12 PM   #66
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
...It will only become the new S-chassis once the price drops far enough for enthusiasts to pick them up cheap and tune them to their liking.
This kinda reads like "it will only become the new S-chassis when it's old and you can get them for cheap...you know....like the old S-chassis" lol.

That defeats...nevermind.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:58 PM   #67
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
This kinda reads like "it will only become the new S-chassis when it's old and you can get them for cheap...you know....like the old S-chassis" lol.

That defeats...nevermind.
Correct-

I don't know of anyone that bought a NEW S-chassis in the 90's that still has it to this day. The market for these cars didn't hit until after they were already out of production. And if I recall correctly S14's were priced in the low 20's when new.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:30 PM   #68
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
The new mustang has the footprint similar to that of an R34 GT-R. I really do like the new body style over the previous models. Been fappin' it to the sound of the GT350 as of late, thing is boss.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #69
iJDM
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
iJDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Correct-

I don't know of anyone that bought a NEW S-chassis in the 90's that still has it to this day. The market for these cars didn't hit until after they were already out of production. And if I recall correctly S14's were priced in the low 20's when new.
There's a one owner 240 on a craigslist near me but its very hard to find. In these cases it's probably coincidence anyway, the first owner most likely would have kept any car 20+ years that kept getting them where they needed to go.

S14's were expensive, and convertibles were expensive as fuck too...
Old 01-20-2016, 09:12 PM   #70
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

wait wait WAIT!!! isnt ^^ THIS ^^ the new s16?

:-)

Whats wrong, Hyundai not good enough for us? Korea is like the same thing as Japan, right?

hehehehehe

calling the ecoboost mustang the new 240 is blasphemy. no s-chassis should weight over 3000 lbs, period. we should revoke our moderator's rights for saying shit like that. "sorry son, you lost your stripes"
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:25 PM   #71
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
^no because that front end and quarter window makes my peni$ soft
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:42 PM   #72
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
So did the future rwd coupes thread die or..?
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:12 AM   #73
spray2020
Zilvia Member

spray2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
At least Lexus is doing it right with this production car, LC500. Nissan should be inspired

Old 01-21-2016, 12:14 AM   #74
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
So did the future rwd coupes thread die or..?
x2 im surprised a thread this shitty has made it to 3 pages
Old 01-21-2016, 01:19 AM   #75
senger
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
senger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
People act like Nissan is going to pay more attention to their 'enthusiast' group of people, more than their customers. Domestic manufacturers are able to make money off of their sports cars because America is filled with old guys that want to relive high school. These domestic manufacturers are also producing some pretty cool shit that only feeds the shit storm, whereas Nissan is like,"We should definitely include sonar into the backup camera in the new Murano."
senger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:47 AM   #76
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senger View Post
People act like Nissan is going to pay more attention to their 'enthusiast' group of people, more than their customers. Domestic manufacturers are able to make money off of their sports cars because America is filled with old guys that want to relive high school. These domestic manufacturers are also producing some pretty cool shit that only feeds the shit storm, whereas Nissan is like,"We should definitely include sonar into the backup camera in the new Murano."
egggggfugginzaklee. Everybody who's complaining about the crustang isn't buying a new car EITHER WAY!!! With that said, what motivation would a company have to make a new car for us? There's a bunch of "make it like the old S-chassis and when it's used, I'll buy it". Yeah...THAT'LL motivate someone. Cuz I'm sure you're going to the dealer to buy parts too right? A bunch of purist fuddy-duddies aren't going to inspire a business to spend money for them to NOT support them. At least these domestic companies are trying to make something fun to drive that doesn't cost your first born.

And what's with the weight talk? I mean, REALLY...REALLY!!!!??? I'd be more concerned with weight balance than actual girth. But, I guess I'm not trying to squeeze a track whore out of 160bhp car.

/rant
Old 01-21-2016, 08:55 AM   #77
s14slowmofo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
s14slowmofo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
x2 im surprised a thread this shitty has made it to 3 pages
this thread isn't to replace another topic, (if you read the topic of the thread it would let you know that )as far as your opinion it doesn't pertain to the topic so it isn't relevant a simple mind is one that has no tolerance for change, weather it be a topic of conversation or creative idea
s14slowmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:19 AM   #78
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
This is fucking 100% irrelevant.

Show me another 2+2 rwd turbocharged car sub 30K. Oh, wait, there isn't one.
Other dude is right. There is one. It's asian too:

EDIT: Untill 2014 anyways... Booo
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:29 AM   #79
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14slowmofo View Post
this thread isn't to replace another topic, (if you read the topic of the thread it would let you know that )as far as your opinion it doesn't pertain to the topic so it isn't relevant a simple mind is one that has no tolerance for change, weather it be a topic of conversation or creative idea
Except for the fact that this is basically a copy and paste from the future rwd coupes thread which was started because people were all giving their opinion on the same exact thing.

Hate to break it to you but this isn't creative or groundbreaking change within the forum. This is is a thread with a worse title and all the same posts.

Let it die.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:47 AM   #80
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
Other dude is right. There is one. It's asian too:
[IMG]hyundai junk[/IMG]

EDIT: Untill 2014 anyways... Booo

so the 2nd largest car manufacturer in the world is doing it wrong, but the car company you wouldn't put your red-headed step-sister in gets a nod?
Old 01-21-2016, 11:33 AM   #81
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14slowmofo View Post
woah there shit thread philosopher slow down
Old 01-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #82
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Correct-

You are correct. I have the dealership invoice from the original owner of my car. She bought it in 98 for 23K. Se model 5 speed with a sunroof.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:40 AM   #83
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Well now that you're here can you lock this? Don't know why we need two threads of all the same text posts and opinionated arguing. We have one already and it serves it's purpose just fine.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:50 AM   #84
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^ why the fuck do you care? why is it so paramount this gets removed? holy shit another thread that talks about the same stuff as another thread?!!??! omg whyyyyyyyy

stfu and don't come back...why is this bothering you so much?
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:19 PM   #85
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
so the 2nd largest car manufacturer in the world is doing it wrong, but the car company you wouldn't put your red-headed step-sister in gets a nod?
1. Hyundai have raised their quality by leaps and bound. But hey continue to assume status quo, it has always been a good strategy.

2. Can you specify who you think is 2nd largest? Because it sure as hell isn't Nissan by any measure.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:29 PM   #86
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240KA View Post
l holy shit another thread that talks about the same stuff as another thread?!!??!
There's your answer.

Should we just have two versions of every thread?
Not a big deal right? Who cares.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #87
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I have the dealership invoice from the original owner of my car. She bought it in 98 for 23K. Se model 5 speed with a sunroof.
Price comparisons are useless if we're not taking inflation into account.

$23,000 USD in 1998 = $33,444 USD in 2015

Tying this back into the Hyundai discussion: A base model 3.8L 6spd '16 Genesis Coupe starts at $27k, and the high-end "Ultimate" package 3.8L 6spd starts at $33.8k... roughly right on track with that kouki.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:11 PM   #88
STR8 H8N
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #89
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
1. Hyundai have raised their quality by leaps and bound. But hey continue to assume status quo, it has always been a good strategy.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then every day would be like Christmas. Getting down to brass tax: Would you buy one? I can tell you I'd buy a new Mustang if my money wasn't so funny.
Quote:
2. Can you specify who you think is 2nd largest? Because it sure as hell isn't Nissan by any measure.
No sir. That'd be FERD
Old 01-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #90
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
No sir. That'd be FERD
That would also be wrong. But you've made it clear long ago that you don't know much about cars.

On top of that I never mentioned that Ford did it wrong so why were you bringing that up again? Just slinging shit and hope that something sticks?

Sorry, nothing did.