Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-16-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
acuracrombie

Trader Rating: (0)
acuracrombie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to acuracrombie Send a message via Yahoo to acuracrombie
Help me find a color

I just picked up a 1990 240SX The paint it red but it's faded due to being out in the sun for a long time. I'm wanting to get it repainted, however I'm currently looking for a really clean dark teal. i was wondering if there has been anyone who has painted their car a similar color. All blue and green colors are welcome to put info in also. Thanks for any info. I've been searching for a week and have found nothing.
acuracrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2005, 09:55 AM   #2
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
there was a thread about blue paints a few weeks ago. also, check the image gallery, theres tons of cars.

"Acuracrombie"? hahahahaha

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:55 AM   #3
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
twotone the bitch. ArmyGrenade Green, and black. or white, blackstripe, and Desert Caramel.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:03 AM   #4
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
i bet hondatech has lots of color options.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:04 AM   #5
acuracrombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pank
there was a thread about blue paints a few weeks ago. also, check the image gallery, theres tons of cars.

"Acuracrombie"? hahahahaha
Yeah ROFL I'm a regular on H-T's kills, however I sold the last Honda i will ever buy about two weeks ago. I want to twotone it definitely. I was wondering what paints have already been released on production cars and or if I will have to do some hard core mixing to get the right blend of blue and green.

i think there was a teal color for the s14 but I havent been able to find a picture of it.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:12 AM   #6
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
if you're going to paint your bandwagon, i mean, car, then you should just find a color you like, I wouldnt worry about just OEM colors, since you're not going to save THAT much money over a custom mixed one.

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:25 AM   #7
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

justinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
if you're going to paint your bandwagon, i mean, car, then you should just find a color you like, I wouldnt worry about just OEM colors, since you're not going to save THAT much money over a custom mixed one.
i just lol'd irl

paint it puss green like the gift youd get from a nice drifting hooker
justinhustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:28 AM   #8
acuracrombie

Quote:
I wouldn't waste alot of money on a custom mixed on but I want it to be a mix of green and blue that hasn't been seen on a car for a while. And I don't consider the 240 to be a bandwagon that I'm getting on. The car has been sitting two houses down from me for about 8 months and I needed a car since the last civic I just bought turned out to be a lemon so I took it and got my money back. I got tired of buying and fixing up civics. Time for something different.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:20 PM   #9
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
GO to a autobody suppply store and look at the dupont oem color code book, or PPG .. what ever......
and come back and post what ur heart so desires.. just dont waste anytime asking us, cause most likely youll just get nothing....
Old 06-16-2005, 05:35 PM   #10
chuki

chuki is an unknown quantity at this point
what about the color that falken paints there cars??? Thats kind of a dark teelish green color. I dont know the exact color they use though. It was just a thought.
chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 06:19 PM   #11
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
sitting two houses down for about 8 months. tired fo fixing up honda. want to try something new. hrmm.....
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:34 PM   #12
clean
Zilvia Junkie

clean is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to clean
check out the green on the new xterra, it's kinda olive drap, but has some more brown in it, i like it. i also like the green on the honda element too, real nice. personally, im painting mine ups shit brown or long night of drinkin yellow, leaning toward the brown. sell the 240 and get an rsx
clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 11:15 PM   #13
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I thought the thread title was help me find some cooter before I opened it up.
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #14
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
like i said before... ur not gonna get good answer from any of us........

GUYS should i do a write up on how to find a color code book?
Old 06-17-2005, 05:43 PM   #15
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
http://www.performancecoatings.dupon..._DAF_11_04.pdf
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:02 AM   #16
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

honda r510 best red ive ever seen......... painted a crx that color i got captivated by how clean the red is.. no yellow no blue... just straight up deep and solid ... kinda reminds me of pin up chicks with red lipstick... thats sexxy
Old 06-18-2005, 08:50 AM   #17
JaeTea
Zilvia Addict

JaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to JaeTea
Dog dick red..best color ever.
JaeTea is offline   Reply With Quote