Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-19-2005, 02:03 AM   #1
someguy_240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
someguy_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to someguy_240
clutch and flywheel z33 upgrade

found some news, a month old news on nissan performance mag. i dont want to type everything so click to read. basically 350z clutch wid jwt 350z flywheel into 240sx. also has to be jwt flywheel cause you can use either 240sx clutch or 350z clutch.

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/may05/240sr/

hope i read that right

**i think this only applies to sr20det powered trannies..**

Last edited by someguy_240; 06-19-2005 at 02:07 AM.. Reason: **added info
someguy_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
That clutch is drilled for a sr20det crank... no love for the KA guys.
-Jeff
Old 06-19-2005, 12:07 PM   #3
phrozen
Zilvia FREAK!

phrozen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to phrozen
ka guys get to use d21 flywheels with 280zx turbo clutches

Please do not put your sig pic back if it exceeds this.
-Moderation
phrozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
whats a d21?? i take it that is a chassis code?
Old 06-19-2005, 09:33 PM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek

Welcome to Earth. The D21 is the Nissan Hardbody truck.

You can also use the Z32 clutch on a KA with redrilling. JWT used that setup for a few cars back in the day.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #6
S13 Charlie
Zilvia Addict

S13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to S13 Charlie
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
I believe he's referring to the "White Bunny Special" I've been reading up on this clutch combo lately, as I'm considering running it. Basically, you use a 280zx clutch kit with a flywheel off a KA24E powered Hardbody truck. 240mm vs. the stock 225mm. It's said to bolt right up to the KA's in 240sx's and hold a bunch more torque than stock. More info can be found on Fresh Alloy and NICO. If anyone on zilvia has this setup, post up, I want to do it, but want to hear more about it.

cheers,

C
S13 Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:39 PM   #7
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
couldnt you take any flywheel to a machine shop and ask them to drill it so you can bolt pretty much any clutch to it?

or maybe I'm just dreaming from too much beer
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:35 PM   #8
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 Charlie
I believe he's referring to the "White Bunny Special" I've been reading up on this clutch combo lately, as I'm considering running it. Basically, you use a 280zx clutch kit with a flywheel off a KA24E powered Hardbody truck. 240mm vs. the stock 225mm. It's said to bolt right up to the KA's in 240sx's and hold a bunch more torque than stock. More info can be found on Fresh Alloy and NICO. If anyone on zilvia has this setup, post up, I want to do it, but want to hear more about it.

cheers,

C
It's a 97 frontier KA24DE. The 280zx clutch is the same size as the Frontier but, you can't find performace clutches for the 4cyl. You don't want to run the stock flywheel cause it weighs more than a stock 240 and can damage the sycros. The only lightweight one I've found is unothodox for $600.

Enjuku has made a new kit. But they went overboard and used Carbon clutch pads. which you loose the nice engagement. http://w1.igateway.com/clients1/tc/s...ifunction=form