Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-20-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
hinds90
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
hinds90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Been a While

Its been a while since I have been here but I think I am ready to do my swap.
I have been saving my money and dedicating it to doing a sr20det swap I will also have to do a auto to manual conversion I have saved up $3'800 (for the swap and parts is this enough).Some might think that not enough, If so then tell me why I know you run into unexpected things.I have a second car so not in a rush. Have done alot of searching on this site and I am doing this swap myself and I am very confident that I can do it with some help from you guys here on zilvia .net. Can you recommend a good site to purchase a motor swap or frontclip thinking passwordjdm.com let me know about others sites.
hinds90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2005, 09:20 PM   #2
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
kinda car do u have? phase2
Old 06-20-2005, 09:22 PM   #3
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
JarcoInc
$3800 is more then enough.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:35 PM   #4
hinds90
Leaky Injector

I am going to get a coupe the one with a trunk i think. It's a 90 I think I am buying the car after I buy the motor. The car is at a salvage yard motor is no good but body is good missing a door handel and a big as dent in the glass but nothing I can't fix and plus I am buying the car for $200. does phase2 offer the frontclip.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:38 PM   #5
hinds90
Leaky Injector

is $3'800 enough for getting the frontclip and getting replacment part such as water pump, timing belt and all the other replacement parts to freshin up the motor or those phase2 offer all these things
Old 06-20-2005, 09:41 PM   #6
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
go look on there site... theres also venus....... u might wanna get a s13 MT front clip
Old 06-20-2005, 10:03 PM   #7
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
ya know, i bet you could get a 302 in your car for that much and not have to worry about calling up japan when you blow the motor
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:30 PM   #8
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
A timing belt? A window with a big ass dent? Somthing is telling me you dont have $3800. Im 50% psychic, so I can be 50% wrong, but I think I'm 70% psychic on this one.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:37 PM   #9
hinds90
Leaky Injector

no what I am saying is this is sort of like a project car. Just as I said not in a rush. I have $3'800 why would I lie no reason to. HTe only reason I am buying this car is because it is a coupe I can't find one anywhere else only the hatches. what is the name of that website phase2.com or am I missing something.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:40 PM   #10
hinds90
Leaky Injector

the car is acctually in good shape except for the bad windsheild and door handel. as far as timong belt I am talking about parts that I have to buy to freshin up the sr20det motor if I don't have to let me know
Old 06-20-2005, 11:47 PM   #11
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Im saying Sr's dont have timing belts. They have timing chains.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:54 PM   #12
hinds90
Leaky Injector

So do you get what I am saying about changing parts that are not in good shape sorry for the mistake I ment timing chain.I have done alot of reseacrh. I plan key word plan on having the car running i three months depends on If my friends dad lets me use his shop.So you think $3'800 is a good amount to get everything done. So would you change parts on the motor if you were getting a swap a. It seems to me a 15 year old motor will need a tuneup or is it not needed.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:01 AM   #13
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Get the clip from Jarco, and there will be no need to replace anything. Its not like its a domestic 302.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:04 AM   #14
hinds90
Leaky Injector

who is jarco is this the guy that owns phase2 when your going to the website do you just type in phase2.com or is it something else because everytime I goo to the website nothimg comes up excpet email
Old 06-21-2005, 12:14 AM   #15
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

LOL wow theres a link up by the top click the link button, scroll all the way down to phase2motortrend there u go, SNAIL school him on jarco... and then show him how ZILVIA members outs newb's
Old 06-21-2005, 12:22 AM   #16
hinds90
Leaky Injector

looking forward to doing this swap I am out got work in the morning
Old 06-21-2005, 12:28 AM   #17
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Hinds90, me and infinitexsound will take you to Jarco. They are located next to this big bridge in Ga.

I got the buckets, infinitexsound get the concrete.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:33 AM   #18
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

and the shovel?
Old 06-21-2005, 01:39 AM   #19
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

No need. Just throw him over with his new concrete shoes
Old 06-21-2005, 03:18 AM   #20
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
ya know, i bet you could get a 302 in your car for that much and not have to worry about calling up japan when you blow the motor
Except that the swap is so common nowadays that dealers in SoCal stock replacement parts, not to mention the fact that many other vendors all over the country do as well.

Oh, and let's not forget most parts are interchangeable with parts from USDM vehicles...

Troll.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:43 AM   #21
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinds90
$3'800
Strange.
Gravity doesn't seem to affect your commas.

mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:55 AM   #22
IGSDann
Zilvia Junkie

IGSDann is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't think of anything clever to say... It's just funny and sad and that's all I got... Yeesh. Can't even Google Phase2 has to wait a couple hours to get the motortrend part of it... Gosh.

Pushing 14.7 PSI of all natural boost!!!
IGSDann is offline   Reply With Quote