Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-18-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
King 240
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
King 240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownKing 240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownKing 240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownKing 240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownKing 240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any Euro specs of the 240/200sx/Silvia?

I heard some rumor that the sunroof had hinges on the inside of the glass, giving it a clean smooth look on top. Similar to that of an actual retractable moon roof.
Seems like there are always little differences between other country specs. Such as the Supra had glass headlights not plastics.
I was just curious to know. Thanks
King 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2005, 07:12 PM   #2
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Well in Europe...the only S13 they got was the fastback, mated to a CA18DET or SR20DET. The S13 has headlight nozzles on the bumper and turn signals simliar to the JDM 180SX. In Europe the Zenki S14 has glass headlights, and the Kouki S14 was in production until 2000 (in the UK as far as I know....and this is no joke). Also every Euro S14 had a front lip and UGLY rear foglights. Some of the S14s had rear wiper blade....I WANT THAT. Various interior bits (parts) are different as well...such as the center vents, steering wheel in the Kouki, and other buttons on the center console. The turn signals were full amber and the Kouki signal is the same as the USDM S14 turn signal. Of course the engine in the S14 was the SR20DET...but I hear its slightly detuned compared to the Silvia.

That's all I can think of right now......
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:50 PM   #3
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Not all Euro S14's had the front lip, it was optional or part of a package that included the sideskits and headlight washers.

All UK 200sx's also had a differential cooler.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:22 PM   #4
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
"ugly" rear foglights? I am highly offended =P

they're reflectors, not fogs..or at least the right side is
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Sorry, I just thought all of them had a lip since...that's really all I saw whenever I looked at Euro S14s....same with the headlight nozzles. As for the rear...no offense OptionZero....but yea...
Old 06-18-2005, 11:25 PM   #6
zenkiDori
Zilvia Junkie

zenkiDori is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to zenkiDori
ze germans got glass headlights on the Zenki S14 that are very sexy.

Zenki FC3S
Zenki RHS13
zenkiDori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:34 PM   #7
prophet_19
Zilvia Member

prophet_19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to prophet_19
Ricer 240 in BG

prophet_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:06 AM   #8
Rezlo
Zilvia Member

Rezlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rezlo
97 Zenki Euro version

Right side Fog, left side reflector

No reflector/light infront of the front wheel like the USDM, just one behind.

Glass headlights,
Rear wiper,
Stock engine oil cooler,
Electronicaly controled Diff cooler with overide
No clutch damper
260Km/h clocks
non ball bearing T28
Slightly different SMIC compared to the pics of the Jap ones
Adjustable head lights
folding mirrors
ectr

And a few other bits, some of them including mine come with a unique w5 ECU with ZERO emmisions, no O2 sensor, no cat, no EGR and a sport exhaust system from the factory.
Rezlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:50 AM   #9
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
The US keeps getting stripped of all the good stuff

I want a rear wiper, oil cooler, diff cooler, glass headlights, folding mirrors, a T28(on my ka), stock from the factory.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:17 PM   #10
90RS13
Zilvia Junkie

90RS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
the only S13 they got was the fastback, mated to a CA18DET or SR20DET
Actually, they didn't get the SR20DET until the S14's. All the S13's had the CA18DET with the euro-port head.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:27 PM   #11
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Power folding mirrors were never offered in the UK, but defrost was. I've got a pair of heated glass coming to go into my folding mirrors. They come on with the rear window defogger instead of a separate switch.

All UK spec cars had electrically adjustable lowbeams, Zenki models have the switch in the console, Koukis have it in place of the dimmer switch (it was deleted after 96). Rear fog, headlamp washers, fender mounted sidemarkers, diff cooler, rear wiper, cluster mounted temp display were all available as well.
The German market also got optional heated seats.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:23 PM   #12
King 240

King 240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownKing 240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownKing 240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownKing 240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownKing 240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Man, seems like all the cool gear came on the S14 chassis. So besides the Euro S13s only coming with CA18s there was no diff between the Jap and US models?
Old 06-20-2005, 07:09 AM   #13
90RS13
Zilvia Junkie

90RS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
S13's had diff coolers, and different brakes.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:58 PM   #14
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Thanks for the correct 90RS13.

King 240 - You can easily find the difference between the USDM and JDM models since information is readily available...unlike the difference between Euro and USDM.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:34 PM   #15
mbmbmb23
Zilvia Contributor

Trader Rating: (1)
mbmbmb23 is on the path to ruinmbmbmb23 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by King 240
Man, seems like all the cool gear came on the S14 chassis. So besides the Euro S13s only coming with CA18s there was no diff between the Jap and US models?

UK spec S13 w/ CA also had oil coolers and 145mph speedos.

-m
Old 06-21-2005, 12:07 AM   #16
King 240

That last post was asked in correctly. I'm aware of the US and Japanese diffrences, only trying to gain more info on the Euro specs.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:06 AM   #17
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Russ, do have a pic of the headlamp aiming switch by chance? I know you were searching for the components to install the aiming system, but never found out if you got the parts. Also, do the Ecode lamps come with the aiming motors installed on the assembly, or do have source the motors seperatly?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:18 AM   #18
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon
Russ, do have a pic of the headlamp aiming switch by chance? I know you were searching for the components to install the aiming system, but never found out if you got the parts. Also, do the Ecode lamps come with the aiming motors installed on the assembly, or do have source the motors seperatly?
I've got it all installed and working now. I've got a pic of the switch in my album somewhere, I'll dig it up later.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:52 AM   #19
Rezlo
Zilvia Member

Rezlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rezlo
Amazing how fast they aim hey? I can go from low to high in like 3 seconds, loverly for those long hill's not to blind oncoming cars
Rezlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:16 AM   #20
Realchaos1
Zilvia Member

Realchaos1 is a well-known jackass
Send a message via MSN to Realchaos1
I hate Nissan of USA for stiffing us with the N/A KA... they should have atleast had decent internals, and made it so you could swap the SR20 manifold/turbo/downpipe to bolt right up the the KA24DE block... :|
Realchaos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:01 PM   #21
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
didn't Nissan have a Z-concept car with a 200hp KA? Anyone remember that? How did they get the KA to that output? Change displacement and make it rev, or what?
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote