Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-16-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
analog cluster w/ hud?????

Hey guys i have a very simple question,

Did DOHC any Analog cluster 240's come with HUD?
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2005, 12:06 AM   #2
KarateBoy

KarateBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
No, but I did swap an analog cluster and I do have a HUD.
KarateBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:53 AM   #3
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
ahh time to run a carfax haha
Old 08-17-2005, 02:47 AM   #4
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Can you have an analog cluster with HUD though? I have HUD, but I want to replace it with the analog one. I wanted to keep the HUD thing on the windshield, but with an analog cluster. I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I wan't a definite answer. If no, I'll be selling my HUD cluster. Any offers? Haha
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 06:09 AM   #5
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
NO! There is no plug.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:32 AM   #6
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
^^^ He's right, when I swapped SOHC to twincam, the first S13 DOHC cluster I was able to find was analog, where my old one was HUD, which is why he traded me... The HUD thing is still there, but it doesn't work, nor do I miss it, because my windshield is cracked and I am not interested in lubing up and taking on the cost of a HUD one.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:43 AM   #7
KarateBoy

You guys are right.

The analog cluster does not have a plug for the HUD but I know someone that can splice the digital and analog harnesses together and make the HUD work
Old 08-17-2005, 10:16 AM   #8
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

veilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to all
Just to make things clear for myself, since I had heard different things. If you don't want to use HUD, you can just unplug your current (HUD cluster) and plug in an analog one? It just means that your HUD won't work but the analog cluster will.

I have a DOHC car I swapped a SOHC into, so the HUD isn't going to work anyway. I also have another dash to swap if necessary to get rid of the ugly drivers side opening for the HUD.

Just making sure I'm reading this right.
veilside180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:29 AM   #9
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside180sx
Just to make things clear for myself, since I had heard different things. If you don't want to use HUD, you can just unplug your current (HUD cluster) and plug in an analog one? It just means that your HUD won't work but the analog cluster will.

*snip*

Just making sure I'm reading this right.
Correct, that is what I am riding on right now.

And I write too!
Old 08-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #10
a2low240
Leaky Injector

a2low240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to a2low240
You can use an analog cluster with the winsheild display but some electronic skill will be nessary. You can run the HUD unit from the hud cluster behind the analog cluster so that the winsheild speedo will be powered. All you need to do is know how to read the wiring diagram and wire up the + - and speedo wire to the unit and leave it plugged into the origional unit that you can stash behind the analog cluster.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:23 PM   #11
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2low240
You can use an analog cluster with the winsheild display but some electronic skill will be nessary. You can run the HUD unit from the hud cluster behind the analog cluster so that the winsheild speedo will be powered. All you need to do is know how to read the wiring diagram and wire up the + - and speedo wire to the unit and leave it plugged into the origional unit that you can stash behind the analog cluster.
^ Agreed. My business partner added HUD to his 89 but kept the analog cluster. You just have to blend both harnesses.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:42 PM   #12
KarateBoy

Edit: nevermind
Old 08-17-2005, 05:57 PM   #13
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You have to wire wires 187 and 69 to the HUD.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:00 PM   #14
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
The HUD thing is still there, but it doesn't work, nor do I miss it, because my windshield is cracked and I am not interested in lubing up and taking on the cost of a HUD one.
you should know that you can use a non HUD windshield, and just get that little 3M window tint sticker-thing works just the same...
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:22 PM   #15
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB
You have to wire wires 187 and 69 to the HUD.
So all I need to do is solder up those wires to the HUD and it'll work?
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:31 PM   #16
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
i heard it was wires 104 and 311 coming off the 1020 wire. you could also use the 127.0.0.1 harness from the fuse box to get this done.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:14 PM   #17
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by crioten
you should know that you can use a non HUD windshield, and just get that little 3M window tint sticker-thing works just the same...
Oh, I am well aware, and that has always been the plan, but it is still further down the priorities list at this point.

And I write too!
Old 08-18-2005, 02:09 AM   #18
Irukandji
Post Whore!

haha yeah aanyways...the previous owner swapped out my cluster... SHADY! i just gotta add 23,000 miles to my odo right now according to the carfax report.. i wish i read it before i bought the car... doh!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:01 AM   #19
killjoy
Zilvia Member

killjoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to killjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
i heard it was wires 104 and 311 coming off the 1020 wire. you could also use the 127.0.0.1 harness from the fuse box to get this done.
LOL, yeah try that, it will work trust me

PS, i am a sysadmin for a living ;-)