Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:07 PM   #451
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
PlayStation 3 players will have exclusive 1 week early access to Back to Karkand.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #452
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
not if you're recon. i feel so defenseless, no boom goggles or c4.
play a useful class then LOL
Old 11-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #453
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
im also a eng/support. i can mortar lame and rpg lame. the only class i have not touch is assualt.

recon is totally useless when it becomes a tank/plane war. they got to get rid of infinity ammo on hardcore. while you only get 3-5 rpg. while they have a repair buff. its bs. stingers and javs are even more worthless. the lock is too long even when its deadeye on target.

planes>>>tanks/heli>>eng>>>>support>>assualt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>r econs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>boa ts

they should have c4, mines, claymores to recon class. they dont even get the cool jonny 5 bot. they need a patch asap.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #454
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
im also a eng/support. i can mortar lame and rpg lame. the only class i have not touch is assualt.

recon is totally useless when it becomes a tank/plane war. they got to get rid of infinity ammo on hardcore. while you only get 3-5 rpg. while they have a repair buff. its bs. stingers and javs are even more worthless. the lock is too long even when its deadeye on target.

planes>>>tanks/heli>>eng>>>>support>>assualt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>r econs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>boa ts

they should have c4, mines, claymores to recon class. they dont even get the cool jonny 5 bot. they need a patch asap.
i disagree, its suposted to be a game where a strong team does exceptionally well, and it is. as a recon, your job isnt to be a pussy sniper who can take out a tank on your own, its to be RECONNOISSANCE. tell your team mate to spawn on your beacon and fuck up the tank. use your MAV to spot the tank and theres a pretty good chance that some blueberry will make their way over eventually and take it out.

i mean, your facing a tank. its a tank! it would be bullshit if one random guy could take it out by themself.

just play with better teammates man.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #455
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
strong teamwork? like how a single tank took a squad who was watching a flag. until 3 of them switched to rpg lamas but guy was popping in and out to fix the tank.

irl tanks travel in packs or infantry scouts because if they rambo, so many ways they can be disable and destroyed. plus its limit view you can blindside it. so, yeah a single man can takeout a tank depend on the coverage. also if he has equipment.

why disagree if a recon should be allowed to carry a c4 or claymore?

also limited ammo or gas on vehicles means better sim game. = no rambo tanks. tanks are for support.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #456
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

play on hardcore, then tell me tanks have the best visibility

and if 3 people were camping a flag and one of them wasnt an engineer then again, you just play with sucky people
Old 11-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #457
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

i play only hardcore.

also i was on the tank side, so yeah. i watched it all.

that just tells you a rambo tank did it with no teamwork.

dice should patch the whole game. make it a real sim war game. fuck cod.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #458
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
i mean, your facing a tank. its a tank! it would be bullshit if one random guy could take it out by themself.
I'm having trouble understanding your logic. One random guy can take tanks out, so long as you're not Recon. I take tanks out all the time with Mines, C4, RPG's, even Mortars.

Why do you defend the fact that Recon shouldn't have a means to destroy vehicles when, on the same page, you say

Quote:
If your goal is to maintain true to the name Recon, how about SOFLAM's having "charges" and when you designate a target and hold for 3-4 sec, a bomb is dropped on it.

I mean, Recon had C4 and Mortar strikes last BF correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #459
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
I'm having trouble understanding your logic. One random guy can take tanks out, so long as you're not Recon. I take tanks out all the time with Mines, C4, RPG's, even Mortars.

Why do you defend the fact that Recon shouldn't have a means to destroy vehicles when, on the same page, you say

If your goal is to maintain true to the name Recon, how about SOFLAM's having "charges" and when you designate a target and hold for 3-4 sec, a bomb is dropped on it.

I mean, Recon had C4 and Mortar strikes last BF correct?
your playing against shitty people then, and your right its very easy to take out a tank if its some random pub driving it.

and the recon from BC2 was terribly over powered, i used to dominate with it because it was SO diverse that it made the other classes largly useless outside of their niche abilities.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #460
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Quote:
i used to dominate with it because it was SO diverse that it made the other classes largly useless outside of their niche abilities.
Which is the state of Recon right, right?

Quote:

Quote:
Old 11-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #461
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Which is the state of Recon right, right?
im not denying in any way that recon sucks right now

but i think that right now its exactly what it should be

wanna blow up a tank? play another class

im not complaining about how i cant snipe someone 500m away as a medic, if i wanted to do that i would play recon..
Old 11-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #462
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
im not denying in any way that recon sucks right now

but i think that right now its exactly what it should be
Spoken like someone who plays one of the more rewarding classes.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #463
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

i play every class, i choose the one that suits what my role on the team is.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #464
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Things recon can do for a team:
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #465
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
i play every class, i choose the one that suits what my role on the team is.
I don't like to play that way. I'd rather dedicate my time to one role, that way I can be the best I can be at it. To me it's unproductive to split time between multiple classes, unless you've already maxed something out (obviously just referring to unlocks, not maxed skill).

What is your time spent playing Recon?

Quote:
Old 11-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #466
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
C4 needs to be a global unlock (so all classes can use it). Everything else can stay the way it is as far as equipment goes.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #467
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
depending on what map is being played and what mode is how i choose my class.

rush: if im attacking ill be assault cause i want to revive to get life points back. if i see that no one is putting up respawn beacons on my squad thats probably the only time ill pick recon but ill use UMP and no some shit sniper rifle. defend? yeah im going engineer all the way to set up mines and blow tanks with RPG. ill sometimes use support if im defending so i can set claymores by the comms so when they try to arm they get blasted.

conquest: engineer/assault for the most part.

recon doesnt suit my playing style.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #468
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I play full assault and already got my Service Star 2. It needs more perks rather than medic, imho.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #469
x3thelast
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
x3thelast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hate that 50cal with the 12x scope. some guys that camp with a support class can pick off on coming people before he's even spotted.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #470
'97 S14 SE Turbo
Zilvia Member

'97 S14 SE Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to '97 S14 SE Turbo
Recon's with a good support player can be deadly.

MAVs with C4 attached makes a good counter mortar weapon.

Or just MAV roadkilling mortar guy...
'97 S14 SE Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #471
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I don't like to play that way. I'd rather dedicate my time to one role, that way I can be the best I can be at it. To me it's unproductive to split time between multiple classes, unless you've already maxed something out (obviously just referring to unlocks, not maxed skill).

What is your time spent playing Recon?
Old 11-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #472
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've never been big on fps's, this is the first one I've owned in years.

AND NOW I'M ADDICTED
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #473
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Haha, I ran some people over with the MAV earlier today, twas fun.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:04 AM   #474
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

holy FUCK, how the hell do people suck so bad and dont know how to play rush?
like i see people not even disarming. claymore around the comms? mines?
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:11 AM   #475
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

first thing i notice the update made the game play reall smooth.

they need to fix the 12x scope.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #476
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
holy FUCK, how the hell do people suck so bad and dont know how to play rush?
like i see people not even disarming. claymore around the comms? mines?
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!
Honestly, most people don't give a fuck about the objectives. They are just in it for the kills. That's why I play conquest. It takes a lot less team work, haha.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #477
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

there was an update? wtf

i miss playing for a few days and shit goes down!?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #478
240Shwag
Zilvia Member

240Shwag is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
Honestly, most people don't give a fuck about the objectives. They are just in it for the kills. That's why I play conquest. It takes a lot less team work, haha.
I do the same thing. I've noticed a four person squad can usually win the game for the rest of the team, unless its like metro where everyone is camping in the choke points.

ETA, I played yesterday. There was not a new update. I'm getting a solid 60fps anyway.
240Shwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #479
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Shwag View Post
I do the same thing. I've noticed a four person squad can usually win the game for the rest of the team, unless its like metro where everyone is camping in the choke points.

ETA, I played yesterday. There was not a new update. I'm getting a solid 60fps anyway.

whats your setup?
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #480
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

there was a update. around 11pm, i was playing and it shutdown. next thing i knew i had to dl a update.

Today (Tue Nov 22nd, 2011) we have updated most components of BF3 PC:

* We have released an update to the BF3 PC game client via Origin. It is ~500MB large. Everyone will be prompted to install the update.
* We have updated the master servers - mainly stability fixes.
* We have updated Battlelog - see the blog post for details.
* We have sent out a new game server build to all PC RSPs.

The new server is R9, build ID 886605.
Manual here: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bf...strator_v2.zip [static.cdn.ea.com]

Battlelog will only show Server R9 or newer. This is because the new game client is no longer compatible with the older game servers. The RSPs are gradually updating their servers. As they complete the update you will see more and more servers in the browser.

Here is a near-complete changelist for the game servers:

* Support for unranked servers (vars.ranked)
* Ranked servers have a few settings as read-only (see documentation)
* Unranked servers allow changing of all settings
* Reintroduced vars.allUnlocksUnlocked for unranked servers
* The game server will parse all of Startup.txt even if an error is encountered
* vars.roundStartPlayerCount / vars.roundRestartPlayerCount handling rewritten to be more natural
* vars.maxPlayers cannot be used to go past the server's max number of slots any more
* Security updates to the game server
* Fixed several server crashes, hangs, and a 10-second stall - all of which which would make the server drop every player
* vars.gamePassword can only be invoked during server startup, not while the server is already running
* vars.teamKillCountForKick 0 will disable team kicking instead of kicking people frivolously
* banList.add would sometimes crash; fixed now
* EOD bot scoring exploit fix

If you are a server administrator that run ranked servers, then you should take note that a few settings are no longer changeable for ranked servers.
The most notable example here is that you are no longer able to set the min # of players to start a round to less than 4. This is to prevent statspadding.
Secondly, the idle timeout mechanism is always on, and set at 300 seconds on ranked servers. This is to prevent people idling for long swathes of time on ranked servers. Having idle kick at 5 minutes is harsh, and we will revisit the max timeout for Server R10 - however, we do not plan to allow for turning of the idle kick altogether.

If you are a server administrator that run unranked servers, notice that you should set the server to unranked by having a 'vars.ranked false' at the top of your Startup.txt. You must set it to unranked during the server startup; once the server is present on Battlelog, it can no longer be switched between ranked and unranked status. Once it is set to unranked, all other settings can be controlled. And yes, the setting for unlocking all weapons & gadgets (vars.allUnlocksUnlocked) is back.

so im running smoother and actually killing ppl when you aim it at them.