Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #481
takk808
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
takk808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
S13 kit will be availible by the end of the week.
S14 is allready availible.

Headers: $985 for both Stainless 1 3/4" long tubes into 3" collectors.

S13/S14 complete mounting kit $1122.32 about a week turn around. Includes corvette engine mounts. Deduct $160 ifr they allready have vette mounts.

S13/S14 complete weld yourself kit is $80 less.

Steel drive shaft $275
Aluminum $420

This is for the Hinson supercars complete kit. Other then that there is no kit on the market for a lsx into a 240sx.

haveblue: You can find ls1/t56 complete engine packages on ebay, and craigslist for around 3000-4500

where are you located i want you to do my LS1 swap.
takk808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2009, 12:08 AM   #482
NoClassic
Leaky Injector

NoClassic is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NoClassic
Where are you guys taking your harness power sources from on the S13? It looks like the F8 and F9 plugs provide power to the nissan engine harness, but I can find pinouts for them.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #483
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoClassic View Post
Where are you guys taking your harness power sources from on the S13?
What kind of power? Constant? Switched?
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #484
NoClassic
Leaky Injector

NoClassic is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NoClassic
The harness needs both constant and switched. The switched needs to be a single high load circuit or multiple circuits I can distribute the power leads amongst.

I also need a start signal, for the starter.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #485
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
any more info on getting SBC mounts? I would like to run a T5 and 350, but havent found any mounts
Old 08-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #486
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
any more info on getting SBC mounts? I would like to run a T5 and 350, but havent found any mounts
350 Chevy 240sx Products McKinney Motorsports

and you didn't ask me WHY?
twistedsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #487
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
There's a shop in springfield MO that kinda specializes in LSX v8 240sx swaps. I know Blake, the guy that owns it. nice guy, great work. Here's the website.

www.417motorsports.net

if you contact him, tell him ZambieWRX sent ya lol.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:28 AM   #488
951's 330i
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
951's 330i is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Whats a good site to find a complete ls1 or ls6 motor swap? Searching right now but all it brings up(on google) is threads from back in 02
951's 330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:29 AM   #489
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 951's 330i View Post
Whats a good site to find a complete ls1 or ls6 motor swap? Searching right now but all it brings up(on google) is threads from back in 02
are you looking to buy one or are you looking for information on them?

for information: silviav8forums.com :: Index, V8 RX-7 Forum, Chevy | Camaro | Firebird Reviews, Performance Parts, Modifications - LS1Tech.com

to buy motorsets: Chevy | Camaro | Firebird Reviews, Performance Parts, Modifications - LS1Tech.com, High Perfomance Salvage, inc., eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices, http://car-part.com.

it's not like trying to source a Japanese motor, or one that's been out of production for over a decade, the best place to get a motor is to open the phone book and call a local salvage yard.
twistedsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #490
951's 330i
Zilvia Junkie

951's 330i is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsymphony View Post
are you looking to buy one or are you looking for information on them?

for information: silviav8forums.com:: Index, V8 RX-7 Forum, Chevy | Camaro | Firebird Reviews, Performance Parts, Modifications - LS1Tech.com

to buy motorsets: Chevy | Camaro | Firebird Reviews, Performance Parts, Modifications - LS1Tech.com, High Perfomance Salvage, inc., eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices, Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market.

it's not like trying to source a Japanese engine, or one that's been out of production for over a decade, the best place to get a motor is to open the phone book and call a local salvage yard.
May consider this swap instead of RB depending on price difference.
951's 330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #491
twistex
Leaky Injector

twistex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twistex
rb sucks compared to ls1. trust me drive a lsx powered s chassis and you will be sold!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #492
joshy240sxxx
Leaky Injector

joshy240sxxx is on the path to ruinjoshy240sxxx is on the path to ruinjoshy240sxxx is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8yourfwd View Post
Did Hinson ever figure out a way to keep the swap CA legal so you can at least BAR it first?

you can make it legal you just need all smog devices that came with that engine such as evap, air injection, cats ect....
joshy240sxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #493
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Anyone have any wiring diagrams for doing bare-bones wiring? Also, can anyone confirm if I can use the stock gauge cluster? Just looking for any tips/helpful hints for wiring an 01 LS1 harness into a 97 240sx.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #494
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to blu808
You can use the stock gauge cluster using the dakota digital speedo conversion box, and tachometer correction.

All you need in order to get the car to start is to reflash the ecu to get rid of the VATS (technically it will start but only for like 3 seconds with it still on).

GM has always used the pink wire as switched power, red as constant 12V and Purple as the main starter solenoid lead. in a nutshell... give ignition power to the pink wires, constant power to the orange ones, take off VATS, and it runs.

the other wires you hook up are just gauge wires, reverse lights, ect.... nothing hard.

its ALMOST a stand alone harness already... only diff is it will have a couple extra wires left after its hooked up.. not a big deal..

theres one more wire not listed there.. its a thick purple wire that goes to the starter.

when it gets +12v, the starter turns the motor over.

Taken from ls1tech.com

Check out this thread. it has the answers to all your questions my friend.

LS1 Swap FAQs - LS1TECH
Old 01-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #495
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
actually no tach correction needed.
LS1 uses 4cylinder output for tach.
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #496
shinrekka
Zilvia Member

shinrekka is an unknown quantity at this point
Awile ago I got an email from auto rnd stating that a ford 302 swap kit was underway. Anyone hear anything since? I can get a 302 for free anyday of the week. And NO i dont want to spend on an ls1, im not ballin.
shinrekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #497
DrifterJoeOK

Trader Rating: (1)
DrifterJoeOK is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone done an ls1 swap lately, I have an s13 just wanted to know what the current price would be
DrifterJoeOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #498
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterJoeOK View Post
Anyone done an ls1 swap lately, I have an s13 just wanted to know what the current price would be
Expensive! LS1 with T56 combos are going for way over $3-4k around here, if you can still find them.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #499
qwarnon
Leaky Injector

qwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura about
some one asked about tranny mounts? i have an extra mckinney t5/t56 mount if anyone wants it.
qwarnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #500
SBC240

SBC240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just finished my 400sb swap in my 91. Its not an LSx but its chevy. I'll have to post up pics.
SBC240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #501
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to svensko
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinrekka View Post
Awile ago I got an email from auto rnd stating that a ford 302 swap kit was underway. Anyone hear anything since? I can get a 302 for free anyday of the week. And NO i dont want to spend on an ls1, im not ballin.
I'm also interested in 302 swaps. Anyone know of any kits that are available?
Old 03-22-2010, 02:41 PM   #502
qwarnon
Leaky Injector

qwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura aboutqwarnon has a spectacular aura about
honestly, no need for kits, find a good welder/fabricator, that knows something about cars (heck most exhaust shops probably have a descent welder employed, and have them make you some motor mounts and a tranny mount.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #503
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to svensko
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwarnon View Post
honestly, no need for kits, find a good welder/fabricator, that knows something about cars (heck most exhaust shops probably have a descent welder employed, and have them make you some motor mounts and a tranny mount.
Stupid question but would one not be able to just weld the 302 motor mounts from a foxbody onto the S14 crossmember? I realize this isn't an optimal set up as far as weight distribution but it seems like an easy way to do it.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #504
qwarnon
Leaky Injector

it is possible that it would work, but the oil pan may not clear. thats where your biggest problem would be. you pretty much find out where to put it for the oil pan to clear and them make your mounts., or do it the other way around, either way, you will most likely need a custom pan.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #505
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
where is a good site to buy a v8 240. id just like to go ahead and buy one swapped
v8silvia only has a few nad id rather a small block than an LS
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #506
qwarnon
Leaky Injector

you probably won't find one online very easy, check your local craigslist other than that, good luck lol.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #507
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
yeah, none
Old 04-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #508
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
where is a good site to buy a v8 240. id just like to go ahead and buy one swapped
v8silvia only has a few nad id rather a small block than an LS
Jegs or Summit offers very competitive pricing on new SBC stufff. You can get a new 350 longblock for about $1,500+shipping.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #509
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
theres a dude in the FS section selling one but it needs a new block.
I think he has a connect on a new long block as well. check that out i think he wants like 5k.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #510
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yeah, but i dont really haev the time or desire to find someoen in the myrtlebeach area that can do the swap. its not like its an awesomely easy swap

if i can find someone that can do it for a reasonable price, id gladly buy a new 350 and trans and have it done, but i dont want to pay out of my ass to do it you know?