Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #5221
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Is there any other Nissans/Infiniti's that blinkers/windshield wiper stalks are interchangeable with a S13 240sx?

Mine are faded and just looking for a cheap local alternative to getting a new oem set.

thanks.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #5222
spent27
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
spent27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I tried the "Identitify this" thread with no luck, so I'm trying it here next... It is a sr t25, so I was told, and has the two compressor elbows that were included... never seen a 49ar turbine sr t25 though

Quote:
Originally Posted by spent27 View Post
What is this turbo from? I've never seen a oil drain like this... this compressor has a 80ar label, and the turbine has a 49ar stamp...

spent27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #5223
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Is there any other Nissans/Infiniti's that blinkers/windshield wiper stalks are interchangeable with a S13 240sx?

Mine are faded and just looking for a cheap local alternative to getting a new oem set.

thanks.
+1 mine have a nasty caked material on them, pretty sure its old plastic/paint but w.e

new ones are like 100$ a piece
Old 03-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #5224
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

thanks.
I just take them off, sand them down, spray with a flat black primer (about 2 coats and sanding in between), spray with a glossy black (same 2 coats and sanding).
I'll be doing mine on the new car soon.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #5225
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
Hey guys I have a question and can't find anything anywhere on it so ill ask it here. I have a vlsd from a j30 but it did not come with a pumpkin. I am thinking of using my old open diff. pumpkin with j30 output flanges and j30/z32 axles. Do you guys see any problem with this? would the output shaft even fit onto the open diff pumpkin?
You will need output shafts specific to the VLSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spent27 View Post
I tried the "Identitify this" thread with no luck, so I'm trying it here next... It is a sr t25, so I was told, and has the two compressor elbows that were included... never seen a 49ar turbine sr t25 though
CA18 t25

...remember, google is your friend too. I wasn't 100% sure, found it on google's 2nd result.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #5226
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:

thanks.
Local parts store should have them for like 80 bucks too.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 03-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #5227
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
FSM says to torque lug nuts to 87 ft lbs. But I have the aluminum PSM Spline Lug nuts, and Dan says to just torque them to 75 ft lbs. Just making sure this will be okay? RPF1's are the wheels, if it matters weight wise or whatever.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:15 AM   #5228
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quick question.

I want to redrill my current 4 lug s14 rotors to 5 lugs just as a temporary way to roll on my 5 lug wheels for a week or so until my z32 front rotors come in so I can do the z32 brake swap.

My brother has a drill press and all the goods, is good with cars, etc. I trust him to redrill my rotors. Is the only way for him to successfully do this is with another rotor as a template? or is there some other way?
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:16 AM   #5229
spent27
Leaky Injector

spent27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
CA18 t25

...remember, google is your friend too. I wasn't 100% sure, found it on google's 2nd result.
I googled the hell out of it! Couldn't find anything that said a ca18det came with a .80ar compressor?
spent27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:34 AM   #5230
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
can someone give me the username to the guy who owns that matt green s14a kouki 240sx that is featured in the zilvia calender?? its matt green with a matt black roof and sideskirts and white work meisters

i want to find more pictures and a spec list from it!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #5231
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Anybody have experience with re-laying fiberglass on aftermarket hoods? (DMax to be specific) or at least know of a decent write up
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #5232
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Does the S15 SR20 valve cover work with S14 SR20? do they have the same bolt pattern?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #5233
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Can someone give me a better pic of where the vac lines go in the circled area?
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:27 AM   #5234
closgatakouki
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
closgatakouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
where can i get l.e.d kouki tail lights thanks bros!
closgatakouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #5235
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by closgatakouki View Post

for a 180sx,s13,s14,s15??????

im pretty sure (99.9%) they are custom made if your talking about 180sx's, unless you go for altezza style clear led lights , which dont look anywhere near as nice as real koukis (except for the s14a led's, i personally love them)

Last edited by nikkisixx69; 03-25-2011 at 11:52 AM..
nikkisixx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #5236
Origin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Origin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where can I find oil squirters for a kade? I only need one.
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #5237
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
look in the group buy section and the advertisers section on here. I rememeber seeing it a while back. wanna say sonic motorsports.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #5238
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
User: ifixi

clearcorners.com

Old 03-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #5239
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
User: ifixi

clearcorners.com
Hopefully money isn't a concern. But with these lights they are the alpha of tail lights.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #5240
theianmcdougall
Zilvia Member

theianmcdougall is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you use different brand name injectors? As long as their the same CC.

1 of my injectors went bad recently and i have no idea of the brand of them. All i know is that they are 550cc. Seeing if i can just order an injector from anyone to replace that one?

thanks a lot guys.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #5241
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theianmcdougall View Post
Can you use different brand name injectors? As long as their the same CC.

1 of my injectors went bad recently and i have no idea of the brand of them. All i know is that they are 550cc. Seeing if i can just order an injector from anyone to replace that one?

thanks a lot guys.
There are 2 answers to this question

The correct answer, would be:
You shouldn't mix and match injector brands, as they all can flow differentialy despite being same cc

The 'this may work, and be totally fine forever, but I wouldn't' answer would be:
As long as it's the same CC and impedance, install it and see see how it works.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #5242
theianmcdougall
Zilvia Member

theianmcdougall is an unknown quantity at this point
^thanks, i think i might just go with the F it route.

im going to check compression to see if the 30 minutes of driving and few pulls f'd up that cylinder, and if its all good just going to try and order a d-works 550 or something

thanks for you help

***Also another question if anyone knows***
Where can i find a Tach signal from if i cant get any power from the tach signal wire on the ECU?
Old 03-25-2011, 04:11 PM   #5243
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Situation: A cop called me and said something in the beginning of the phone call, i could hardly hear him and made it clear i couldn't understand and he says "don't worry about it"

If he were to be telling me that the phone call is being recorded during that moment that i couldn't understand, yet he didn't repeat it when i said i didnt hear what he said, does that still make it legible as evidence?

Illinois state law says both parties must know and i can't find anything online

sorry, don't know where else to ask lol
Old 03-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #5244
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

Dominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Dominic Axelson
Ok, I could really use some help asap! I was tightening my e brake cable on my s13. And well, I broke the bolt thats connected to the brake cable. Does anyone know if and where I could get a new connecter?

Dominic Axelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #5245
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Axelson View Post
Ok, I could really use some help asap! I was tightening my e brake cable on my s13. And well, I broke the bolt thats connected to the brake cable. Does anyone know if and where I could get a new connecter?
Time to buy a new one - your cable is probably stretched to hell if you needed that much tightening

CABLE ASSY-PARKING BRAKE,FRONT - 240SX (S13) 1989-1994 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

Dealership
Old 03-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #5246
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

Dominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Dominic Axelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
Time to buy a new one - your cable is probably stretched to hell if you needed that much tightening

CABLE ASSY-PARKING BRAKE,FRONT - 240SX (S13) 1989-1994 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

Dealership
Thanks for the quick response. But, I just replaced the rear calipers and the cable was kind of lose after. But then I got a little carried away and tightened it a little too much. Is there any way I could replace just the connecter?
Dominic Axelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #5247
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Axelson View Post
Thanks for the quick response. But, I just replaced the rear calipers and the cable was kind of lose after. But then I got a little carried away and tightened it a little too much. Is there any way I could replace just the connecter?
No, it's a complete assembly. As said above you bottomed it out so, the cable is shot anyways.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #5248
Tunerbuilder

Tunerbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point
hey folks

Hey folks, I'm Nick. Bit of a hermit forum browser. However I have realized I have many to many 240/silvia parts and am looking to post them in the for sale thread. However it would appear that my account has certain restrictions and after checking back on several occasions I'm now inclined to ask; What is necessary to post? Thanks.
Tunerbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #5249
sviellvoicae
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
sviellvoicae will become famous soon enoughsviellvoicae will become famous soon enoughsviellvoicae will become famous soon enoughsviellvoicae will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Will an 18x10.5+0 fit on an s13 hatch with 30mm rears? Or should I go with 18x10.5+15? It seems like many people run the +15 with 30mm and its flush, but Ive seen the same size with 30mm not be flush.... So confused
sviellvoicae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #5250
sviellvoicae
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
sviellvoicae will become famous soon enoughsviellvoicae will become famous soon enoughsviellvoicae will become famous soon enoughsviellvoicae will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunerbuilder View Post
Hey folks, I'm Nick. Bit of a hermit forum browser. However I have realized I have many to many 240/silvia parts and am looking to post them in the for sale thread. However it would appear that my account has certain restrictions and after checking back on several occasions I'm now inclined to ask; What is necessary to post? Thanks.
90 days I think
sviellvoicae is offline   Reply With Quote