Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #5731
YellowFox
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
YellowFox is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I maxed out my Tein HA coilover's. And I want to go lower, what can I do?
YellowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #5732
deathrace2000
Zilvia Member

deathrace2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Remove the lower locking collar.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:38 AM   #5733
!AG23!
Leaky Injector

!AG23! is an unknown quantity at this point
noob question i know, but are sohc and dohc exhaust kits interchangable? (greddy, hks etc,) some list as 91-94 de or sr only others (for the same kit) list 89-94 all engines. Im confused here. any help?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:38 AM   #5734
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by !AG23! View Post
noob question i know, but are sohc and dohc exhaust kits interchangable? (greddy, hks etc,) some list as 91-94 de or sr only others (for the same kit) list 89-94 all engines. Im confused here. any help?
perhaps you have spent too much time making that pixel car when you should of been researching

Catalytic converter back exhausts for the s13 will fit all 89-94, JDM or USDM, it doesn't matter. The exhaust systems were designed the same.
Headers though, SOHC will not fit on a DOHC
But an s13 DOHC is interchangeable with a S14 header, but things wont fit exactly right. this also depends on which header you got.
S14 exhaust is not a direct bolt on for a S13, but can be done if you don't mind cutting and welding

Old 04-25-2011, 03:45 AM   #5735
!AG23!
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
perhaps you have spent too much time making that pixel car when you should of been researching

Catalytic converter back exhausts for the s13 will fit all 89-94, JDM or USDM, it doesn't matter. The exhaust systems were designed the same.
Headers though, SOHC will not fit on a DOHC
But an s13 DOHC is interchangeable with a S14 header, but things wont fit exactly right. this also depends on which header you got.
S14 exhaust is not a direct bolt on for a S13, but can be done if you don't mind cutting and welding

lol didnt make the sig. I know this is ridiculously noobish, but im learning. Im still abit confused. I have a single cam ka and am wondering if kits like these will fit (some people tell me they will, others tell me they wont). If not what modifications will i need?

Greddy 10127903 Racing Ti-C Catback Exhaust Nissan 240SX 89-94

APEXi N1 Exhaust System - Nissan 240SX 1989-1994
(this one actually says ka24e but just an example.)
Old 04-25-2011, 03:49 AM   #5736
vboy720
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
vboy720 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vboy720
Quote:
lol didnt make the sig. I know this is ridiculously noobish, but im learning. Im still abit confused. I have a single cam ka and am wondering if kits like these will fit (some people tell me they will, others tell me they wont). If not what modifications will i need?

dude it doesnt matter. exhaust will fit 89-94 no matter what. sohc, dohc, hatch, coupe, its all the same chassis.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:52 AM   #5737
!AG23!
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboy720 View Post
dude it doesnt matter. exhaust will fit 89-94 no matter what. sohc, dohc, hatch, coupe, its all the same chassis.
thanks, I was just looking for a clear cut answer. I was told by a greddy rep that the ti-c will not fit an sohc.

time to save for a nice exhaust.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #5738
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

for those of you that have 5-point racing harnesses, what do you do about your big WHANG interfering with the crotch-harness? i mean, do you wear non-restrictive boxers when going to race events or are briefs acceptable? what about wearing a cup? i was thinking protection would be a good thing, but then if you have your testisechles all cupped together.. it could be a recipe for disaster when you brake hard or upon impact. i am thinking boxers could be the way to go.. that way you split the impact forces in two...

just trying to be safe.. thanks guys
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #5739
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
[img]http://news.consumerreports.org/a/6a00d83451e0d569e20115707f7faa970b-800wi[/ig]

for those of you that have 5-point racing harnesses, what do you do about your big WHANG interfering with the crotch-harness? i mean, do you wear non-restrictive boxers when going to race events or are briefs acceptable? what about wearing a cup? i was thinking protection would be a good thing, but then if you have your testisechles all cupped together.. it could be a recipe for disaster when you brake hard or upon impact. i am thinking boxers could be the way to go.. that way you split the impact forces in two...

I don't know for sure but I bet they just always wear a cup wherever they go.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #5740
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:

for those of you that hav i am thinking boxers could be the way to go.. that way you split the impact forces in two...

Got any more pics of the mom?

I'll say this, I've been in a decent impact in the woods with a 5 pt and it actually didn't bust the boys up.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #5741
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
With you bitching all the damn time doesnt make it any better. If you dont like the forum, you dont have to come to it. Just Saying.
The problem is, he does liek the forum. That's why he's bitching/complaining. Trust me, it's FUCKING annoying how slow many of the new members have become. Just further proof that No Child Left Behind didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFox View Post
Sell your car and get a VW.

But if you must put your car at a ride height that looks like shit, handles worse, and bumps all over the road, just take off the lower mounts, and invert them.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #5742
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
Is it possible to mount a camera on a weather vane? If it is, is it possible the miniaturize this setup and put it on a car so when you go drifting it always looks the correct direction?
I like this idea. I've been trying to think of a similar setup but that sounds like it could work well if you did it right. But some kind of 170* lens might just be easier. Just a thought.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #5743
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Sorry for double post.

Quote:

I don't have these in my car, but I do wear one in a MATV I drive. I keep the crotch one a little loose so it doesn't crush my junk. If it wasnt adjustable I think I'd probably freeball it, put the harness to one side between my thigh & sack, and put deoderant there to stop the chafing.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #5744
actiew
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
actiew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey Im trying to find answers for a friend buying his daughter rims for her car. We tried looking around at all the forums and looking up all the wheelfitment for dummies threaded and posted on all the sites but we are coming up short when it comes to fitting the rims on the car. Either the offset to much not making it fit flush or its rubbing on the springs, looking for help since her bday is right around the corner and time is limited. If you can answer this please do honestly and accurate if not just dont say anything please.
She has a 1995 240sx SE, no spacers nothing stock 5 lug. He is trying to get her 18 inch volks or works preferrably 18x8 or 18x8.5 in the front if they fit with out rubbing and sit fluch with the fender and 18x9.5 or x10 for the rear and they need to sit flush with the rear panel. She has about a 1.7 drop in the front and about a 1.0 to 1.5 drop in the rear since it still in settling since the suspension is new. If you know the answers please assist us and helping him still be that super dad in his daughters eyes. Sorry he asked me to add that last part. thanks for the help everyone plus the front has a 20mm wide body kit on it I believe so please take that into play also thanks again
actiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #5745
Taylor008
Leaky Injector

Taylor008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Am I losing my mind?

I cannot, for the life of me, find the damn plug for the electric fan on an S14. I'm almost positive someone cut it, because I can't find it for the life of me. Can anyone tell me where it is or snap a pic? I've looked alllll over on the fusebox side of the bay. Even took the bumper off and looked in there. Doubleyouteeeff
Taylor008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #5746
Yad
Leaky Injector

Yad is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys i have a some noob questions..

recently swap from ka24e to ka24de, can i use my ka24e ps reservior in my DE?

and my car dont pass revs only if the car is going fast thats when its pass revs

sorry for my lack of knowledge, this is my first 240sx

thanks for the help
Yad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #5747
mightymike130
Leaky Injector

mightymike130 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yad View Post
hey guys i have a some noob questions..

recently swap from ka24e to ka24de, can i use my ka24e ps reservior in my DE?

and my car dont pass revs only if the car is going fast thats when its pass revs

sorry for my lack of knowledge, this is my first 240sx

thanks for the help
Im pretty sure the reservoire is in the same exact spot as the single cam.
mightymike130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #5748
Yad
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike130 View Post
Im pretty sure the reservoire is in the same exact spot as the single cam.
do i need new lines? are they compatible?

thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #5749
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
no dohc res is on the other side, lines are compatible but you need to bent them to the other side of the motor because the pumps are on opposite sides.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #5750
Yad
Leaky Injector

thank you guys i appreciate your help!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #5751
mightymike130
Leaky Injector

mightymike130 is on a distinguished road
I guess so. Havent seen a dohc reservoire in forever. Only Sohc and SR
mightymike130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #5752
ShimiBoi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
ShimiBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Ok, I know most ppl on here have tried these rims. Super Advan sa3r 17x7 and 8 staggered in silver or XXR 002 16x8 all around in black. What would my fellow zilvians suggest as far as weight and fitment/looks on a black s13 coupe with lowering springs? Thanks
ShimiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #5753
thestreetzking
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
thestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to thestreetzking
so.. heres my question..
FIXED

Last edited by thestreetzking; 04-25-2011 at 03:35 PM..
thestreetzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #5754
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
I like this idea. I've been trying to think of a similar setup but that sounds like it could work well if you did it right. But some kind of 170* lens might just be easier. Just a thought.
I was thinking of using this Drift Innovations HD170 Stealth Camera and mounting it at the head of the weather vane
Old 04-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #5755
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:

wow

i guess none of you caught my sarcasm. i didnt intend any of the above to be serious.

oh well.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #5756
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
LOL some of us get it mike. The rest just have no idea who you are.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #5757
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:

Those will be loud as shit man. pull over magnet for sure.
i think i just have a magna flow dual tip muffler on the back,andit looks good, lol.
I always thought all those exhaust were a waste personally.

Quote:

you aint been in a racecar for years, lol.
I would assume that the hip straps would help hold you back.
(of course i dont have that 5th one hooked up, so i dont know.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
i used to think of this. like a little parachute on the back or some shit to keep it aiming.
but it would be so all over the place.

the only thing i could think of is to run some sort of elaborate gear off the steering mechanism somewhere..
prolly just use a wider lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor008 View Post
Am I losing my mind?

I cannot, for the life of me, find the damn plug for the electric fan on an S14. I'm almost positive someone cut it, because I can't find it for the life of me. Can anyone tell me where it is or snap a pic? I've looked alllll over on the fusebox side of the bay. Even took the bumper off and looked in there. Doubleyouteeeff
you could probably get pics if you searched for electric fans, since thats the same plug a lot of people splice up when they put efans in.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #5758
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFox View Post
Remove your collars.
speedgod^s13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #5759
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor008 View Post
Am I losing my mind?

Next to the Triple Pressure switch on the AC line.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:04 AM   #5760
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Ok so is the tanabe df210 the lowest when it comes to springs? I have kyb agx's and tein camber plates. And was wondering if thats the lowest out there that doesent suck.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote