Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 03:54 AM   #31
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Well, I checked out 1 seat. Thank god, it wasn't destroyed, packed the way it was. Seat looks clean, except on the bottom, where there was all this white flaky crap. One question, to those who actually OWN authentic brides. Do yours have zipties, on the bottom of the seats? That's what I discovered on mines, and it struck me as strange. It's like the zipties, are stretching/holding the fabric.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2007, 08:31 AM   #32
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Teambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice to see you got the seats! Hope you like them man!

Cable ties holding the fabric? Where is this? Please show me im pretty keen myself as i never checked the bottoms out as they where left in some wrapping for you from the very start.

Cheers
Old 06-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #33
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teambadrun View Post
Nice to see you got the seats! Hope you like them man!

Cable ties holding the fabric? Where is this? Please show me im pretty keen myself as i never checked the bottoms out as they where left in some wrapping for you from the very start.

Cheers

Old 06-10-2007, 02:13 AM   #34
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Wow, i'm surprised no one has replied to this thread. Does anyone else, find it strange, that my seats have zip ties, on the bottom?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:56 AM   #35
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Teambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
Wow, i'm surprised no one has replied to this thread. Does anyone else, find it strange, that my seats have zip ties, on the bottom?
Well judging the place i purchesed the seats from i would put my entire life as a bet that they are genuine.. Doubt you could possibly buy "copies" in japan - Actually the seller would probably end up in jail ( Bride distributor)
Old 06-10-2007, 06:51 AM   #36
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't know what "model" your Bride is, but I just installed a Genuine BRIDE Brix in my car and there were not any zip-ties on it.

Teambadrun, if you think there aren't any knock-offs in Japan, you are either naive or stupid.

I am not claiming that your seats are knock-offs, I am merely stating that the seat I own, that is indeed genuine BRIDE, is not held together with zip-ties. It is, instead, held together with quality hognose rings.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:29 AM   #37
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Just for reference...

BRIX II

ERGO II

XAX II

So which ones did you buy? Why doesn't the center panel, the signature gradiant BRIDE material, look the same on these seats? Did I miss a reclining seat model? These were the only ones I found on http://www.aspecproducts.com/ and they are an AUTHORIZED DEALER.

**Pictures courtesy of Aspec

**EDIT: I found the original post that says these are ERGO 2 (ERGO II) seats. But they look different from these http://www.tees-usa.com/ergo2.html on BRIDES own homepage. Hmmm,I wonder if they use zip-ties?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:42 AM   #38
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Just for reference...

BRIX II

ERGO II

XAX II

So which ones did you buy? Why doesn't the center panel, the signature gradiant BRIDE material, look the same on these seats? Did I miss a reclining seat model? These were the only ones I found on http://www.aspecproducts.com/ and they are an AUTHORIZED DEALER.

**Pictures courtesy of Aspec
Definately is a Ergo II
Old 06-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #39
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Definitely not. Look again.

The center panel doesn't even match up. The pics on BRIDES homepage show "BRIDE" twice in each color.

The seats you are selling look like a knock-off of the Ergo I being passed off as ERGO II in my opinion.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:59 AM   #40
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Definitely not. Look again.

The center panel doesn't even match up. The pics on BRIDES homepage show "BRIDE" twice in each color.

The seats you are selling look like a knock-off of the Ergo I being passed off as ERGO II in my opinion.
Interesting, They are definately Genuine Ergo 2's. My import S13 has the same pair of seats in it ( about 2 years old by the looks of the condition) and they are the same?

Im interested to see why these Geniune seats sold by previous owners on this forum look exactly the same as the ones i bought off yahoo and sold to speedgod^s13

&

I realy honestly, DOUBT that you can buy a copy seat .. Off a bride distributor in japan via yahoo auctions.

Im not argueing, just letting out my research for everyone to see to make the forum a safer and better place
Old 06-10-2007, 08:12 AM   #41
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

See the seam that goes through the middle of the gradiant panel?

The same seam is shown here. So that appears to be a genuine seat.

This is the picture that speedgod posted of the seat he received from you.

I don't see the seam. That's part of what makes me think it isn't genuine. My main factor is still the zip-ties though. I have a used BRIDE BRIX that has no zip-ties, only professional upholstery hognose rings. If someone can provide me pictures of a GENUINE Bride seat held together with zip-ties, like Logan from Aspec, then I will believe yours are real.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:15 AM   #42
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Hey mate,

I understand what you mean now ( sorta ) but it could mean anything.

In the meantime I would like to hear from the other 2 if they have recieved there seats as i dont want to lose the seats in freight - That would suck.

EDIT: If you see. most seats will vary - even the leather ergo is slightly differnt. ?

Cheers for the help, We will wait till we hear from the owners.

Regards,
Teambadrun
Old 06-10-2007, 08:42 AM   #43
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
This thread has only remained open for the people to air out whether or not they receive their seats.
When everyone confirms delivery, I will close this one, the users will be able to post their own review threads, in it they may discuss whether or not the seats are genuine

And I write too!
Old 06-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #44
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Quote:

See the seam that goes through the middle of the gradiant panel?

The same seam is shown here. So that appears to be a genuine seat.

This is the picture that speedgod posted of the seat he received from you.

I don't see the seam. That's part of what makes me think it isn't genuine. My main factor is still the zip-ties though. I have a used BRIDE BRIX that has no zip-ties, only professional upholstery hognose rings. If someone can provide me pictures of a GENUINE Bride seat held together with zip-ties, like Logan from Aspec, then I will believe yours are real.
To be fair, it's my picture doesn't do the seat justice. After reading this post, I checked the seat, and there was in fact 2 seams, going through the gradation. Man this is confusing.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #45
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

I recommend contacting Tees-usa then if there is to be conclusion to these questions.

http://www.tees-usa.com/

They should be able to tell you from the pictures if the seats are genuine or not.
Good luck.

This thread is for delivery only though. If the seats do in-fact prove to be knock-offs, please make a new review thread to voice any complaints.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:28 PM   #46
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Quote:
I recommend contacting Tees-usa then if there is to be conclusion to these questions.

http://www.tees-usa.com/

They should be able to tell you from the pictures if the seats are genuine or not.
Good luck.

This thread is for delivery only though. If the seats do in-fact prove to be knock-offs, please make a new review thread to voice any complaints.
Ok, will do.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #47
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
is it possible that they are authentic but have just been re-wrapped in new fabric?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:47 PM   #48
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx View Post
is it possible that they are authentic but have just been re-wrapped in new fabric?

They are genuine, i didnt pay someone in japan 70,000yen a seat for nothing.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:50 AM   #49
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Shit is sketchy,

i wouldnt say its real just becouse you paid a whole bunch for it,

take a good look at your reclining assembly and plastic knobs, sometimes you will get clues there.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:33 AM   #50
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

When i first saw them i was stoked. They are exactly like the ones in my car from japan.. They MUST be genuine. I dont see why they would be a copy.

Everything looks A ok to me !
Old 06-11-2007, 07:05 AM   #51
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The fabric on the seat received by speed is not the fabric I had on my Brix II.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:39 AM   #52
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin240Wayz View Post
The fabric on the seat received by speed is not the fabric I had on my Brix II.
Ergo2... .. Speedgod is happy with what he recieved. It is all settled.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #53
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teambadrun View Post
Ergo2... .. Speedgod is happy with what he recieved. It is all settled.
Not really.

Just cause you spent a lot of money on a seat doesn't make it authentic.

If the seats were indeed not authentic Bride, then there is a issue.

Either way, I've NEVER seen a Bride seat EVER with zipties holding the bottom of the seat.

On a fake Bride seat I saw, the easiest way is to take out the cushions and you can tell because the foam is low quality, super uneven, etc. From 5 feet the seat looks ok but up close its bad.

The bottom of that seat worries me. I don't have an Ergo II here at the shop, so maybe if someone has an authentic Ergo they could take a picture and compare. At first glance that seat shown in the pics looks more like the fakes I saw rather than an authentic Bride seat I've seen.

If the seats are indeed legit then the seller shouldn't have an issue with investigating the seats.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 06-12-2007, 01:13 PM   #54
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Well, I lifted the original paypal claim, which was for not receiving item. I'm gonna take a barrage of pictures today, since i'm gonna install the passenger seat. ( I have no room, to keep these in the house.)
I'll post these up, in my new buyer's review thread.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #55
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
if all goes according to plan im going to pick up my bride seat tonight so ill let you guys know if i actually did receive a bride seat. anbd tehn well transfer to the new review thread for authenthicity.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:08 PM   #56
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

alright guys i went to pick it up today and the seat is brand new and in great condition..... no zipties, theres actually some sort of spring with hooks at both ends holding the cover onto the shell. this seat is definately light! there was 1 little defect over the "BRIDE" logo facing the rear, theres a small little cut but you cant notice it unless your really looking for it.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #57
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
alright guys i went to pick it up today and the seat is brand new and in great condition..... no zipties, theres actually some sort of spring with hooks at both ends holding the cover onto the shell. this seat is definately light! there was 1 little defect over the "BRIDE" logo facing the rear, theres a small little cut but you cant notice it unless your really looking for it.
Nice to know you got your seat!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #58
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

btw on the vios3 is there supposed to be a sticker on the actual seat that says manufacture date or something like that?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #59
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

alright guys i got the seat and im happy with it.... even though it took almost 2 months to receive it from the day i paid him.

and heres the only defect from the seat.... its on the headrest facing the rear of the car so i can live with that.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 PM   #60
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
alright guys i got the seat and im happy with it.... even though it took almost 2 months to receive it from the day i paid him.

and heres the only defect from the seat.... its on the headrest facing the rear of the car so i can live with that.

Fantastic , Sorry to hear about the tear in the seat.. Can't see it :P

cHEERS
Closed Thread