Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #31
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxjjordan
My name is Jeff, not Jordan, and I'm making excuses for my ugly aero.
cuz you'll need it. Does your car SEE the track?

and its still ugly.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #32
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyS14DET View Post
If you rear my post I said a top mount or in front of the radiator up high !!! which has way less piping then any side mount !!!! Obvsouly you haven't done your research

Obviously you can't fucking read because my post said I want a side mount intercooler.

I have done research. This is NOT my first Ka-t.

I was ka-t 4 years before you even joined Zilvia. And I used a front mount. Yes it was mounted up high. Yes I have seen scooters setup with his intercooler right behind his grill just in front of his radiator that he had spaced out to allow 2 90degree elbows to enter the IC. What don't you understand about SIDE MOUNT? I will have zero problems with lag. its a KA.

Anything else? Kiss my ass. Go be old somewhere else.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #33
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
yah hschelley says run aem ems
Old 11-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #34
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvtisupra View Post
yah hschelley says run aem ems
wat?

Old 11-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #35
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to WoolyS14DET
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
Obviously you can't fucking read because my post said I want a side mount intercooler.

I have done research. This is NOT my first Ka-t.

I was ka-t 4 years before you even joined Zilvia. And I used a front mount. Yes it was mounted up high. Yes I have seen scooters setup with his intercooler right in front of his grill.

Anything else? Kiss my ass.

Ohh cool guy cuz you been on zilvia longer then me !!! Can I shake your hand ??? I simply stated a suggestion. But your just better then me and so many people since you've been on zilvia longer then me !!! Do you understand that the side mount set up will cause heat soak and also is only effiecent to a ceartin point ?? But it's your car and you know it all cuz you been on zilvia longer then me so suck it BITCH !!!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #36
supportTHEezln
Zilvia Junkie

supportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to supportTHEezln
Quote:
Ohh cool guy cuz you been on zilvia longer then me !!! Can I shake your hand ??? I simply stated a suggestion. But your just better then me and so many people since you've been on zilvia longer then me !!! Do you understand that the side mount set up will cause heat soak and also is only effiecent to a ceartin point ?? But it's your car and you know it all cuz you been on zilvia longer then me so suck it BITCH !!!
So dramatic.

Sidemounts are cool because your car doesn't say "Hey look at me! Turbo!"
I'd assume with ducting and venting and what not, it'd work sweet. ARC, gogogo.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #37
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:

No, I've been ka-t before you've been on zilvia. I've done research.
I know the sidemount will heat soak.

Choke on a penis. I want a sidemount. thats why the thread is titled SIDE MOUNT INTERCOOLERS, instead of: hey old people, give me other options I'm NOT asking for.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #38
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
wat?

what are you gonna run for management ?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #39
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Calum/NisTune.

who is schwepps?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #40
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
I run an ARC sidemount with ducting and the beefier cusco coldpipe. Works for me. Reason I do it is to hide from the po-po's and I'm not running a high hp setup anyways. Do dat shet Neme.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #41
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Choke on a penis. I want a sidemount. thats why the thread is titled SIDE MOUNT INTERCOOLERS, instead of: hey old people, give me other options I'm NOT asking for.
Why all the hate for old people?

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
Old 11-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #42
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

schwepps? you mean schelley

henry is the guy that was able to slide your car when it was understeering. You know he has a ka-T right. but yah he swears by the aem ems when it comes to KA-T
Old 11-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #43
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
I run an ARC sidemount with ducting and the beefier cusco coldpipe. Works for me. Reason I do it is to hide from the po-po's and I'm not running a high hp setup anyways. Do dat shet Neme.
gettin s15. found one cheap. It'll have the ducting, dont you worry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyRat View Post
Why all the hate for old people?
I <3 old people. I <3 you.

I don't like woolyI'msoold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvtisupra View Post
schwepps? you mean schelley

henry is the guy that was able to slide your car when it was understeering. You know he has a ka-T right. but yah he swears by the aem ems when it comes to KA-T
yeah, haha.. cool. I'ma check this Calum thing out. I had bikirom back in the day.. it was a pain but only cuz it didn't work. Seems like Calum/NisTune is the next gen. PLUS, its got realtime update..
Old 11-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #44
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Mid mount S15 SMIC...?!?!?!?!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #45
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin240Wayz View Post
Mid mount S15 SMIC...?!?!?!?!
I'm going to stab you.
Until you bleed.
And Die.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:20 PM   #46
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
You should swoop up my arc.
haha.

Shit will work fine for the power you're looking to make.

If you really want, add ducting and an efan.
haha.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #47
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to WoolyS14DET
It's guys like you that make me laugh !!!
And if you call 29 being old that makes me laugh as well !!
I see it as bye the time you were getting in high school I was already a master tech for Nissan/Infiniti as well as a respected fabricator who has been down the road that your going down long before you !!!
Good luck on your car and I hope it works out for you !!! I also look forward to the day that I run into you at the track !!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #48
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
when you guys say smic from supra what year are you taking about because i have access to a 92 supra ic
Old 11-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #49
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
You know, if it ain't enough.... weld two side mounts together.... Supra guys do it that way as well. You can side stack or stack it behind, its up to you, but it works. Its just basically a heat exchanger and it increases your champer size...

+ 1 for sidemounts cause they will have much less lag.....

So if that S15 isn't engouh, get another one and port it and weld it togther...
Old 11-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #50
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Corrugated plastic ducting FTW!

You can pay me money for the idea. Kthanks.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #51
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
haha.

haha.
How much? PM me price.

Quote:
It's guys like you that make me laugh !!!
And if you call 29 being old that makes me laugh as well !!
I see it as bye the time you were getting in high school I was already a master tech for Nissan/Infiniti as well as a respected fabricator who has been down the road that your going down long before you !!!
Good luck on your car and I hope it works out for you !!! I also look forward to the day that I run into you at the track !!!!
I love you too buddy. You and your bald spot. And I don't lack respect for you, just your reading comprehension abilities.

I want a side mount.
Yo quiero un side mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
when you guys say smic from supra what year are you taking about because i have access to a 92 supra ic
MKIV
Old 11-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #52
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
mid mount bro
that would be the best
do it
doooo eeeeeeeeettt
Old 11-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #53
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
did you even consider a small sidemounted water to air intercooler? From what i've read they are much more efficient than air-air so a small sidemounted one would work nicely. I'm not exactly sure what your goin for here though so....
Old 11-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #54
looking4-240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
looking4-240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
you can lick my b***s, it was a simple question that you obviously cant answer....
Old 11-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #55
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
One thing to keep in mind with intercoolers is that you can go too big. The hugest intercooler is NOT the best. I have driven SR cars with ginormous e-ghey intercoolers and a few with stock side mounts. The ones with the stock side mount intercoolers boost faster and respond quicker. You have to find the right balance. With a t-25 or t-28 you will lose performance with the typical intercooler kit, but a side mount will not be enough if you are tracking or drifting your car.

Go with the ARC if you can get one for a good price.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #56
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG View Post
mid mount bro
that would be the best
do it
doooo eeeeeeeeettt
hahaha Oh Aaron, you kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
One thing to keep in mind with intercoolers is that you can go too big. The hugest intercooler is NOT the best. I have driven SR cars with ginormous e-ghey intercoolers and a few with stock side mounts. The ones with the stock side mount intercoolers boost faster and respond quicker. You have to find the right balance. With a t-25 or t-28 you will lose performance with the typical intercooler kit, but a side mount will not be enough if you are tracking or drifting your car.

Go with the ARC if you can get one for a good price.
You totally let me down. I got excited when I saw you had posted in my thread. I was waiting to get into an e-thug war with you. I was LITERALLY SMILING..

Yah, I know I don't want a huge intercooler. Never have. My old setup was a starion core. it was cute.

and no sir, above asking about the air to water. Thats too much for what I want. I'll be ok with a good ducted SMIC and a sprayer of some kinds strictly for track use.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #57
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
haha.

haha.
I want it =o
I was thinking about the efan. I didn't know if it would work.

NemeGuero I was going to something for SMIC too for my research for when I got KA-T. Now I got my info. Keep in touch I wanna know how it works out for you.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
Old 11-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #58
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
I lol'd. Hard.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
Old 11-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #59
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
hahaha Oh Aaron, you kill me.

You totally let me down. I got excited when I saw you had posted in my thread. I was waiting to get into an e-thug war with you. I was LITERALLY SMILING..

Yah, I know I don't want a huge intercooler. Never have. My old setup was a starion core. it was cute.

and no sir, above asking about the air to water. Thats too much for what I want. I'll be ok with a good ducted SMIC and a sprayer of some kinds strictly for track use.
You suck! And so do s-14's!

Happy now?

I generally try to post one useful post before I go off. I know the answer, mount an s-15 sidemount on the friggin hood! That would be soooo cool! I SWEAR!

Last edited by racepar1; 11-20-2008 at 06:07 PM..
Old 11-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #60
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
heres a good reason why u'd want SMIC.

when you get pulled over. SMIC is hidden.
FMIC is exposed.

I've been popp'ed many times, becuz my setup is stock. They did not suspect anything illegal. *knock on wood*
Closed Thread