Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #631
240sxracerb25
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
240sxracerb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-240SX...10995996318%26

This one doesn't look near as good but thats a 52mm. Looks like theres a good bit of room left in that one
240sxracerb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #632
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Looks like it shouldn't be a problem then... I would obviously mount the 62mm up front and the 52mm in the middle.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #633
240sxracerb25
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
240sxracerb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sounds good. Would you be able to give me an estimate on how much you'd charge for that? Thanks
240sxracerb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #634
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxracerb25 View Post
Sounds good. Would you be able to give me an estimate on how much you'd charge for that? Thanks
For a custom one-off piece, you would be looking at around $200 for a light textured finish or $300 for a smooth finish. I don't really have any experience with that piece so I don't know if it's smooth or textured?

It would not be a shitty fiberglass piece like the one from Ebay. I would retrofit/mod your OEM piece. So it would bolt back in just like it came out of the door card. The fit and finish would obviously be OEM grade.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-12-2013, 02:04 AM   #635
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
What is your take on XRP vs. Earl's fittings? From what I remember, you carry XRP fittings.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #636
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
What is your take on XRP vs. Earl's fittings? From what I remember, you carry XRP fittings.
Correct, I'm an XRP dealer.

I had all Earls product on my SR20... very good stuff of course. The finish seems to be a little nicer on the XRP product. The weave in the braided nylon hose is also tighter than the Earls. Not sure if that really affects performance or not... like bend radius. But it looks nicer. Also, on the braided nylon hose, the XRP comes standard with the inner stainless braid. Whereas you have to step up to the Earls Pro-Lite Ultra to get that. The XRP product is generally cheaper in price across the board. XRP has some unique product that others don't and most of their product is NHRA approved.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-13-2013, 01:27 AM   #637
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Correct, I'm an XRP dealer.

I had all Earls product on my SR20... very good stuff of course. The finish seems to be a little nicer on the XRP product. The weave in the braided nylon hose is also tighter than the Earls. Not sure if that really affects performance or not... like bend radius. But it looks nicer. Also, on the braided nylon hose, the XRP comes standard with the inner stainless braid. Whereas you have to step up to the Earls Pro-Lite Ultra to get that. The XRP product is generally cheaper in price across the board. XRP has some unique product that others don't and most of their product is NHRA approved.
Sounds good. I may be hitting you up when I am ready to order up all the stuff to make my turbo lines. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #638
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Sounds good. I may be hitting you up when I am ready to order up all the stuff to make my turbo lines. Thanks.
Awesome, just let me know if you have anymore questions in the meantime.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #639
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
I was looking into getting a dash cam in case I ever got into a accident to cover my ass, since people around here don't know how to drive. I was just curious if you knew any decent cheap ones by any chance before I started doing more research.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #640
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
I was looking into getting a dash cam in case I ever got into a accident to cover my ass, since people around here don't know how to drive. I was just curious if you knew any decent cheap ones by any chance before I started doing more research.
No idea man, I have no experience with dash cams.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #641
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whats good actuators for installing on a manual lock setup s13 hatch. Any writeups on the install of them as well?
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #642
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwire View Post
Whats good actuators for installing on a manual lock setup s13 hatch. Any writeups on the install of them as well?
The premium DEI actuators I sell are the best I have run across. They also have the most mounting options and are the slimmest. There's really not much to write-up.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #643
Got Insulin?
Leaky Injector

Got Insulin? is an unknown quantity at this point
Blondes or brunettes?
Got Insulin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #644
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
Blondes or brunettes?
I'm not picky about hair or skin color.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #645
mattsil80wis
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mattsil80wis is making a name for him/her selfmattsil80wis is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
can you let me know what size rim and offset you are running for rear wheels...wanna get an idea for when i get your overfenders as to what size wheel i should be looking to get
mattsil80wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #646
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsil80wis View Post
can you let me know what size rim and offset you are running for rear wheels...wanna get an idea for when i get your overfenders as to what size wheel i should be looking to get
I am running 18x11 +30 with a 285 tire on a 25mm pull. With the ride height I'm at I had to hammer the crap out of the upper/inner wheel housing and notch the lower control arm.

I finally had a box come in that's big enough for those overs... so I'll be shipping them out soon!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #647
mattsil80wis
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mattsil80wis is making a name for him/her selfmattsil80wis is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
I am running 18x11 +30 with a 285 tire on a 25mm pull. With the ride height I'm at I had to hammer the crap out of the upper/inner wheel housing and notch the lower control arm.

I finally had a box come in that's big enough for those overs... so I'll be shipping them out soon!

ahh sweet man thanks...cant wait
mattsil80wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #648
coupekid1
Leaky Injector

coupekid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, I want to buy one of those Door mounted cup holders for my s13. Where do you get them from or do you rig them up yourself? Please PM me
coupekid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #649
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupekid1 View Post
Hey, I want to buy one of those Door mounted cup holders for my s13. Where do you get them from or do you rig them up yourself? Please PM me
I have no idea what you are referring to.... I assume you are thinking of someone else!?!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #650
e5s4y
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
e5s4y is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
hey broadfield, i managed to get an entire s13 manual seatbelt conversion (A-pillar, B-pillar, seatbelts, and headliner) for free from a canadian 240, but my only problem is that the driver side A-pillar had a gauge pod screwed in to it (which I hate). how would you recommend sealing the holes? I can get pics of them if you like to show the size, but id say small enough to barely get a pinky in.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #651
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5s4y View Post
hey broadfield, i managed to get an entire s13 manual seatbelt conversion (A-pillar, B-pillar, seatbelts, and headliner) for free from a canadian 240, but my only problem is that the driver side A-pillar had a gauge pod screwed in to it (which I hate). how would you recommend sealing the holes? I can get pics of them if you like to show the size, but id say small enough to barely get a pinky in.
Damn, you are a lucky bastard... I haven't been able to find a coupe headliner for the manual belt conversion. I have everything else though.

Anyway, how I would do it... which is the right way, is to fill the holes with 3M 34240 or Norton 5 minute Speed Grip. Prep the openings on the inside edge of the holes and backside of the panel with 80 grit or harsher. Use masking tape to tape over the front of the holes. Then use the glue on the backside to fill the holes and let it spill over around the holes to give it more area to bond. Let it dry then pull the tape off. You can now sand the front side if the glue sticks up at all past the front of the panel. If it sags for some reason you can use some body filler and sand it to level it off. Once you are happy with that use some aerosol 39813 SEM Chip Guard to texture the entire panel. Then paint to match your OEM color.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #652
XxHybridx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
XxHybridx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Any thoughts on a honda s2000? Ever worked on one of them before?
XxHybridx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #653
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Could you give me a rough idea on how much it would cost me to go all XRP fittings similar to your setup?
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #654
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
I'm looking for good speakers for my car budget 500 I have 05 altima, what u recommend? What head unit , nothing too fancy but that does the job well
Old 03-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #655
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Where can I find a Mr. Toby Broadfield review thread?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #656
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHybridx View Post
Any thoughts on a honda s2000? Ever worked on one of them before?
What do you want to know about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
Could you give me a rough idea on how much it would cost me to go all XRP fittings similar to your setup?
Probably around $3500-$4000... the clamshell setup adds a TON of cost. The HS-79 hose is also very expensive. However, you could do the HS-79 hose, but with crimp JIC hose ends. That would save you a lot of loot.

On my setup for example, the two radiator hoses would cost you around $600... and that's at jobber pricing. That would include:
  • (3ft) -16 HS-79 hose
  • (4) Double o-ring -16 aluminum weld-on ports
  • (2) 90 degree -16 crimp clamshell hose ends
  • (2) straight -16 crimp clamshell hose ends
  • (4) -16 crimp sleeves
  • (4) -16 clamshells

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
I'm looking for good speakers for my car budget 500 I have 05 altima, what u recommend? What head unit , nothing too fancy but that does the job well
So is the $500 budget for just the speakers or the speakers and head unit? Because the way you worded your sentence it reads as $500 just for speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Where can I find a Mr. Toby Broadfield review thread?
There isn't one... no one has ever made one. You could be the first... I would be grateful! Just click on the link below:

http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #657
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I don't know how you don't have one yet. I will make one right now.
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #658
XxHybridx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
XxHybridx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
^^ just a general opinion. I know you'be worked on a shit ton of different cars, so thought maybe you would be a good person to ask lol. Like anything, even an opinion on the interior or electronics lol.
XxHybridx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #659
lalo167
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
lalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What materials would you recommend to refinish my interior pieces. Just how you did for this customer. I also want to do my center console and shifter/radio trim. Will I use the same stuff?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #660
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
On a Oxygen sensor, is it normal to have continuity between the Ground wire and 12v wire?

*just the sensor, not connected to the harness that is.