Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #961
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
People say my car is cool looking but I fucking hate everything about it

Battle Idol Works 2015
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2009, 04:17 AM   #962
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
People say my car is cool looking but I fucking hate everything about it
Your car is cool, but owners are never satisfied because we always want to have the latest and coolest ideas and by the time we are done incorporating those, there are newer cooler things out there. The best thing to do in this case is to drink the same kool aid I did and end up taking 5 years to build a rolling chasis.

Anyways, Some pics of brakes and wheels mounted for those few of you that were giving me shit about it. I know ride height is like a 4x4 but I don't care, I have to change to a lower profile tire up front, I still don't care and I need to fix caster, camber, toe, traxtion, windage, elevation and solar wind deflection angles as well. It will all get squared away with time, and hopefully will be rolling correct byh the end of the year.

Also the bondo on the core support needs to be sanded to nothingness, I welded in extra sheet metal for the area that the hood pins will be mounted and that is only there to fill the divits left over from the welding.

I apologize for the picture quality but my camera is broken so I did it with a circa 1997 2 megapixel sony dealie (wife picked it up at an antique store or some shit).

Brian

Old 04-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #963
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
your car is coming along like mine...........................

hahahahaha

not done

edit: now that i think of it, ide still rather have a not working (but nicely built) car than the slapped together shit-rides i see being posted. hmm.. kinda weird, its almost like i enjoy having a car not working that i can work on. :-)
Old 04-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #964
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Brian those wheels look cool as shit with that color. What were your sizes again?

P.S. - my altstadts would look AMAZING on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
your car is coming along like mine...........................

hahahahaha

not done

edit: now that i think of it, ide still rather have a not working (but nicely built) car than the slapped together shit-rides i see being posted. hmm.. kinda weird, its almost like i enjoy having a car not working that i can work on. :-)
I would kill for an easy car that I didnt have to do shit on now that mine is done. I will NEVER build anything that extensive again unless it has to do with bodywork and nothing else. Building cars is cool when you get a bunch of big stuff done, then when a bunch of stupid little shit keeps popping up I want to set my car on fire.

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 04-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #965
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
yea...what were the size of those wheels again? I'm assuming they're 18" diameter, but for some reason they look small in those wheel wells. I guess those massive body panels would tend to make anything look small lol.

I'm sure it will look perfect with the right ride height and alignment.

Make sure to get that solar wind deflection dialed in just right
Old 04-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #966
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
as far as i know, those gramlights dont come in anything wider than 10" wide. but i think they do offer like -19.

GRAMLIGHTS ARE SIIIICKK.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #967
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
as far as i know, those gramlights dont come in anything wider than 10" wide. but i think they do offer like -19.

GRAMLIGHTS ARE SIIIICKK.

You can getemin 19's on special order if I remember right. Mine are 18X10 -12 (Rear) 18X10 -8 (Front). I kind of wanted the smaller wheel to allow for some rubber to fit under there as well, Once the car is complete, I will go find a set of tires that hits that goal without looking like wheel mounted balloons.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #968
Xracer
Zilvia Addict

Xracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Xracer
You defiantly need bigger wheels.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #969
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
You defiantly need bigger wheels.

I need better rubber, but bigger wheels are not going to happen. The car is sitting on HKS Drag Suspension so it is going squat quite a bit and bigger wheels with the necessary rubber to deliver just a portion of the engines output would exceed the capacity of the wheel wells and interfere witht eh vertical travel of the suspension.

Eventually, I will get an alternate brake set for the rear, that will allow for a 15 inch wheel as well.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #970
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xracer View Post
you defiantly need bigger wheels.

yup...20/19
Old 04-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #971
nightsauce
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
nightsauce is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nightsauce
DROOOOLLLL!!!!!!! Looks awesome man!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:12 AM   #972
themadscientist

themadscientist is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
Who the fuck are you?? I think you would make a good snow plow im sure thats where you got the idea from.

get a clue and get off this site. learn a little bit about vip then come back and talk
I'm that guy that sends your mom a check once a month. I still say you look nothing like me.

VIP is homosexual, like you, and your attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe╚╗14 View Post
fucking dumbass.. go back to your cave!
Ah, I love the e-thugs. How can you speak with the other guys nuts in your mouth?

At least he was original, you're just a lame echo. I'll be sure to schedule some time to give a shit about what you think.

Sorry to raise hell in your thread B, I'm out.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:40 AM   #973
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the wheels don't fit right...

is that deliberate?
Old 04-20-2009, 01:43 AM   #974
blitzsti22
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
blitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blitzsti22
i got the same lug nuts
Old 04-20-2009, 01:45 AM   #975
themadscientist

themadscientist is an unknown quantity at this point
It's wild in person. The rainbow colors change as the wheel rolls. I almost got me foot run over yesterday looking at the wheel istead of where it was going.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:01 AM   #976
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
the wheels don't fit right...

is that deliberate?
Please refer to the part of the post where I outlined that every single possible angle involved with alignment needed to be addressed. We are not talking a few millimeters off here and there. We are talking about a few inches, maybe even a few feet. Not to mention There is no rear end, no transmission, no interior a few other choice elemnts missing equates to a few hundreed missing pounds.

So the short answer is NO, it is not deliberate for my wheels to be all fucked up. That was kind of a lame question, was that deliberate?
Old 04-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #977
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

When you come back with this car, I want to race you.

Give me a third gear head start though

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 04-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #978
jzepol1985
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
jzepol1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I spent three years in Oki. I never once bothered to look at this awesome car. It would have been awesome to see this at the Nago circuit.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #979
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
I will NEVER build anything that extensive again unless it has to do with bodywork and nothing else. Building cars is cool when you get a bunch of big stuff done, then when a bunch of stupid little shit keeps popping up I want to set my car on fire.
its addressing all the little things that makes a good car great. skip that and most projects suck balls because people overlook the details

fit and finish
Old 04-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #980
helikz
Leaky Injector

helikz has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
its addressing all the little things that makes a good car great. skip that and most projects suck balls because people overlook the details

fit and finish

this is so true. when you start a project, a lot of times you want to do all the big shit first, because that's where you see the project come together. We all want that gratification of tossing that top secret rb26 in our car... but, cliche is that for a reason.... the devil is in the details.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:44 AM   #981
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
is it just me or do those over fenders seem to much over???
either way nice wheels just need some spacer action or something.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #982
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
is it just me or do those over fenders seem to much over???
either way nice wheels just need some spacer action or something.
Yes it's just you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
Please refer to the part of the post where I outlined that every single possible angle involved with alignment needed to be addressed. We are not talking a few millimeters off here and there. We are talking about a few inches, maybe even a few feet. Not to mention There is no rear end, no transmission, no interior a few other choice elemnts missing equates to a few hundreed missing pounds.

So the short answer is NO, it is not deliberate for my wheels to be all fucked up. That was kind of a lame question, was that deliberate?
Old 04-23-2009, 02:35 AM   #983
gOtHeRiNmYs14

gOtHeRiNmYs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow is all i have to say.. just signed up on zilvia but have been keeping up with this build .. bant wait to see it fully finishedd.. and jw im sorry if you said it already but did you decide what mission your going with?
Old 04-26-2009, 05:04 AM   #984
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
get this damn car running already

because i sure am tired of looking at this ugly ass blue/green/pastel/puke fake-vip bullshit here

god i wouldnt drive that thing if you paid me
Haha. I dont think anyone who owned one of these or even a honda would let you drive any car any way. cause just by your statement it shows that you dont know what the fuck your even saying!

Cursed GTR I was just trying to help you out man. by showing proof. Sorry for the inconveniance of some haters. I love your build and would love to see it here thats why Im helping.

Reguards.

Drew

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
Old 04-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #985
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
Haha. I dont think anyone who owned one of these or even a honda would let you drive any car any way. cause just by your statement it shows that you dont know what the fuck your even saying!

Cursed GTR I was just trying to help you out man. by showing proof. Sorry for the inconveniance of some haters. I love your build and would love to see it here thats why Im helping.

Reguards.

Drew
That is cool man, I understood what you were trying to do.

No matter what people do with their cars, someone somewhere has to put in the money, planning and wrench time, so no matter what kind of car it is, I can appreciate hard work and the dedication it took to get it to where it is now (both build wise and location wise).

Wish more people on this forum could do the same.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:55 PM   #986
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

ok damn... I can see it bothers, so go fix that shit. a simple no its unfinished would suffice...
Old 04-26-2009, 10:17 PM   #987
rage941
Zilvia Member

rage941 is an unknown quantity at this point
Most ballin shit ever
Old 04-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #988
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
That is cool man, I understood what you were trying to do.

No matter what people do with their cars, someone somewhere has to put in the money, planning and wrench time, so no matter what kind of car it is, I can appreciate hard work and the dedication it took to get it to where it is now (both build wise and location wise).

Wish more people on this forum could do the same.

I just realized that if I would drink less, I would totally have a Blister FD fully built with some stupid expensive 4 door as a daily.

I just drink and eat too damn much haha

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 04-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #989
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
hurry up and bring the car back to the states so u can make it super serious
Old 04-28-2009, 12:18 AM   #990
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
ok damn... I can see it bothers, so go fix that shit. a simple no its unfinished would suffice...
Simply reading my post would have worked as well. Questions don't bother me, questions I already answered before they were even asked does. I will fix it when I get around to it, a laser alignment is not something I am going to pay for until the car is sompletely assembled and ready to roll on its own. That way I am not throwing corrections in there without any kind of zero being established. So until my fuel cell is installed, seats, the rest of the interior, transmission and other items (not to mention the proper tires I intend to use), I could give a shit less what my alignment looks like. So yeah, focusing on lame little shit that has no impact on the overall performance of the car because it is fourteen stages away from mattering does bother me a little bit.
Closed Thread