Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 06-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #91
Speed Junky
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Speed Junky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenS14 View Post
unless ur a pos with a bad pft/cft and on pcp then they want u out...
just my .02

No not at all, you're thinking too negative man. He say's that a lot during his briefings when soldiers are gettin lazy or something f*cks up, so he's like, "If you don't like it get out, but you gotta understand the job you have now is the most secured job in the country, you won't find anything out there."
Speed Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #92
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey McFly View Post
1. Pay off whatever school loan you have as you're attending school. You know you're allowed to do that right? So whenever you do graduate, you're not paying this outstanding amount for the next x-amount of years.
Not always the best plan. School loans are usually interest free while you're full time. If you have the cash, it's better to invest it somewhere else, mutual fund, CD, even just a savings account. Better to get 1-2% on your money (and have something for a rainy day) then to pay it down since paying off a no interest loan gets you nothing. It's actually a negative when you consider inflation. Once you graduate, you can make a larger payment than what you would have paid in total otherwise and consolidate the loan to a fairly low rate.

I haven't looked at interest rates in a while but often times, it's still better to drag the payments out after graduation also. You can make more interest on the cash than the loan is costing you and school loan interest is tax deductible.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #93
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge View Post
College is a problem in America. It's often just used as an excuse to put off the real world for a few more years and party even harder than ever.

But my biggest problem with college is they didn't teach me how to MAKE money because most of them (professors) don't even know how themselves, I mean think about it, they have a J.O.B. (Just Over Broke), they teach what they're good at - how to get a J.O.B. of your own.

I learned what I really needed to know on my own after a few years of bouncing around from job to job and finally stumbling on THE KEY.

Fred
. Exactly .
Old 06-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #94
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
The biggest thing I can impart on people is the following, and I have made some mistakes myself:

KNOW YOUR TERRITORY - i.e. where and what you are looking to do.

Then don't let anything stop you. You can self-educate yourself in many ways now and use that couple of years after HS as a launching point to start your own thing, get technical training and sharpen your interpersonal and sales skills (even if you're an engineer or a tech) and learn how to really sell yourself. Get a thick skin fast and go for it.

I think if I skipped my degree I'd be where I am now when I was 20-21 but with most of my family in Higher ED it was impossible for me to get out of it. Some European families are stricter than Asian ones fyi lol

PS Sometimes life experience leads you to exactly where you needed to be and money alone should not be the goal. If you're really good at what you do and how you effect the world around you the money or success however you value it will come. Just don't let anyone get in the way of what you love. Even family.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #95
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
If anyone studied multiple regression here they would know the answer to this problem.

education strongly correlates with wealth/$/success, although it is not the only correlation.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #96
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
If anyone studied multiple regression here they would know the answer to this problem.

education strongly correlates with wealth/$/success, although it is not the only correlation.
True but if you really TRY to kick ass in a magnet program or solid HS then you can build up your tool box and postive habbits enough so that the rest can be self taught or mastered through practice.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #97
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge View Post
College is a problem in America. It's often just used as an excuse to put off the real world for a few more years and party even harder than ever.

But my biggest problem with college is they didn't teach me how to MAKE money because most of them (professors) don't even know how themselves, I mean think about it, they have a J.O.B. (Just Over Broke), they teach what they're good at - how to get a J.O.B. of your own.

I learned what I really needed to know on my own after a few years of bouncing around from job to job and finally stumbling on THE KEY.

Fred
so you're a locksmith?
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #98
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
Not all college degree's are useless as was mentioned engineering vs sociology. I'm personally in engineering myself and near my under grad and I loved it for the most part. Sure my school wasn't equipped with the latest and greatest technology like the expensive private schools but I did learn a lot from my courses and professors, as well as my peers and friends whom I met through my classes.

Many of them just graduated and are landing really good jobs at big companies with fairly well paying salaries. And in the past I've had jobs that pay me fairly well just because of what I was going to school for.

However I've known business majors and they tell me its very rare for them to get paid internships.

It all comes down to imo the easiness of the degree. The easier it is, usually the more people that graduate from it each year and flood the job market but yet there are so limited jobs out there for them all.

Overall though I loved what I learned and I am more than happy with my decision to go to college and and if willing, I will be trying to go to graduate school.

duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #99
24boosted
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
24boosted is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
guaranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Junky View Post
Is it spelled wrong?
24boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #100
Speed Junky
Leaky Injector

Speed Junky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24boosted View Post
guaranty

Is it spelled wrong?

Guarantee

Yes, just found your post ironic.
Speed Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #101
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I laugh at posts with spelling and grammar errors.

Not surprisingly, there are a lot of laughs to be had in this thread.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #102
24boosted
Leaky Injector

Guaranty | Define Guaranty at Dictionary.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Junky View Post
Guarantee

Yes, just found your post ironic.
Really?
Old 06-25-2011, 12:55 AM   #103
s13 4rey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
s13 4rey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
thats life!!! Iam in a 4year nursing program 8 month in, ps: it cost me 100k for it 20k down & 1k per month payment plan set up!!! THIS SHIT BETTER PAY!!!!

Last edited by s13 4rey; 06-27-2011 at 01:45 AM..
s13 4rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:55 AM   #104
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Rearry?

Guarantee is correct, guaranty is specifically a noun and only used in legal writing.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #105
24boosted
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
did some reading up on NIA and the INFLATION.US website (the people who made the video)

turns out its a HUGE scam and the owners of the company are noted and convicted for pump and dump scams in the past

they make video to grab lots of attention and cue you to sign up for their newsletter

the newsletter then sends you stock recommendations to which they partake in and jack the price up when you buy them and then sell them leaving you with nothing

the college conspiracy video gets your attention on inflation and to the fact that only gold and silver will save you... THEN they only recommend you gold and silver penny stocks to buy

don't get my wrong i still think college is mostly a joke but viewer beware of these scammers jonathan lebed and george4title
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
Rearry?

Guarantee is correct, guaranty is specifically a noun and only used in legal writing.
So it can't be used in the noun form?
Old 06-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #106
lflkajfj12123

Rearry?             
Old 06-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #107
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Lol I went to school for 4 months and got paid $888 to do so. Granted I got a loan from my parents for about 6 grand to live for those 4 months but im out of school and making around 60 to 80k and ive been doing it for 3 weeks.

I have always though college was stupid. Other than going to learn something to better yourself.
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #108
24boosted
Leaky Injector

Anyways, back on topic, sort of. To assume a college education will secure a great future or a great job is foolish. A college degree does not mean you will shine above all others. Are there other pathways beside college? Definitely.

Does college reduce your chances of misspelling 'really,' teach you when to capitalize 'sergeant' or the spelling of 'guaranty.' Sometimes.

I don't have a degree in English, journalism or linguistics. English wasn't my first language, but my degree did open up many doors and opportunities. Is 100% perfect grammar required for engineering, chemistry, biology or for graduating college? That depends on the degree. Assuming a college education in any field will provide you with perfect grammar in English is remedial thinking.

Did I love my college experience? Hells yeah. I'd do it again just for the experience.

Do I turn on my computer and log onto zilvia.net assuming that people even myself will make grammatical or spelling mistakes? Yes. Should I be a grammar nazi and show no humility to the various demographics on this forum? No, that would be childish.

Is it certain that you will be successful after college as the video had implied in the beginning? That depends on you. Working at McDonald's is an option that the lady in the video had suggested.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #109
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Did I love my college experience? Hells yeah. I'd do it again just for the experience.
I can imagine this would only work if you lived on campus or in an apt complex that had a lot of your schools students in it? Kind of like the experience of living with the people you go to school with?
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #110
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
anyways, back on topic, sort of. To assume a college education will secure a great future or a great job is foolish. A college degree does not mean you will shine above all others. Are there other pathways beside college? Definitely.

Does college reduce your chances of misspelling 'really,' teach you when to capitalize 'sergeant' or the spelling of 'guaranty.' sometimes.

I don't have a degree in english, journalism or linguistics. English wasn't my first language, but my degree did open up many doors and opportunities. Is 100% perfect grammar required for engineering, chemistry, biology or for graduating college? That depends on the degree. Assuming a college education in any field will provide you with perfect grammar in english is remedial thinking.

Did i love my college experience? Hells yeah. I'd do it again just for the experience.

Do i turn on my computer and log onto zilvia.net assuming that people even myself will make grammatical or spelling mistakes? Yes. Should i be a grammar nazi and show no humility to the various demographics on this forum? No, that would be childish.

Is it certain that you will be successful after college as the video had implied in the beginning? That depends on you. Working at mcdonald's is an option that the lady in the video had suggested.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #111
soon2bs13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
soon2bs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsoon2bs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsoon2bs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsoon2bs13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soon2bs13
subscribed so i can watch it later.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #112
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
yeah i agree with this video..... its too expensive for certain people to go to private or legit colleges.. all i can go to is a comunity college and i dont take full classes.. i only take auto technology.. its affordable at about 60 to 90 bucks a class depending on what you wanna learn... and its just fun.. ill admit i do feel like i am going no where because this last year n a half i have not been able to find a job to keep my daily driver going and its almost like im stuck.. really the only way i would be able to get going again i would need another jump start from my family so i can afford to make my car reliable and find a job.

where i live there arent any places that are hiring and if you want to get hired you have to travel at least 40 to 60 miles.. this video kinda gives me hope for my future.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #113
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
lol @ grammar corrections

This video is very interesting and does raise some questions/concerns on the overall state of this nation. I always wonder what would happen if the student loan securitization became a bust (followed by credit card and auto loan securitization).

I'm glad I worked during my time in college and paid for most of my tuition out of pocket (11k in loans).

I was always under the impression that the cost of college was on the raise to shun students from applying and reduce class sizes, but now I see that's far from the case.

I doubt I will go back for my Masters, I'm going to cert. route and take specialized courses. Depending on what fields you're in, having a cert. can lead to an increase opportunity to land the job you want. However, I still believe it's all about who you know, not what you know.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #114
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
If there is any class we should be forced to take, its should be how to manage one's finances. Ive never met so many grown college students/graduates whom dont know how to write a check or put any money away for savings.
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:07 AM   #115
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
^agreed

Kids should read these:

If you live in Canada... This is also very good
Old 06-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #116
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
+1For Automatic Millionaire

I have that book and I wish I read it during my HS days.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #117
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
lol @ grammar corrections

This video is very interesting and does raise some questions/concerns on the overall state of this nation. I always wonder what would happen if the student loan securitization became a bust (followed by credit card and auto loan securitization).

I'm glad I worked during my time in college and paid for most of my tuition out of pocket (11k in loans).

I was always under the impression that the cost of college was on the raise to shun students from applying and reduce class sizes, but now I see that's far from the case.

I doubt I will go back for my Masters, I'm going to cert. route and take specialized courses. Depending on what fields you're in, having a cert. can lead to an increase opportunity to land the job you want. However, I still believe it's all about who you know, not what you know.
My wife did the same thing and only had to take out 15k for a 4 year school (would have cost her about 60k). I paid off my loan from my tech school in about 2 years by making 4 times the minimum payment. I never take out car loans and if I do I make 2-3 times the payment. Starting next month I'll be paying an extra $400 a month towards my mortgage, when I pay off my car I'll be paying $700.

On top of that I'm going to get my BA in IT with a minor in management, then I'm going to get my Executive MBA through UCONN's 1.5 year accelerated course. And pay for all of that out of pocket.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #118
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
However, I still believe it's all about who you know, not what you know.

I look at college degrees as another form of networking. Many people would not have their jobs today if it wasn't for certain company to school relationships. Large companies do recruiting at popular colleges all around the country, and that is how they get their staff.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #119
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I would place college degrees in the same category of scams as I would place cable tv packages. You get you you need out of it but 85% of what your paying for goes to the garbage and you don't ever use so it's a big waist of money. Nothing better then specialized courses or 2 year programs that teach you only what you need to know for that specific career
Old 06-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #120
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
If you only want to do one specific career for the rest of your life.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote