Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-21-2016, 06:34 AM   #12931
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaoleBarry View Post
Haha I'm glad I didn't have your insurance company handle my claim when when my Nissan Xterra was stolen and dumped into the Colorado River after a night of me drinking and getting my Girl to drive me home. I was upside down about 10k. They asked no questions sent my bank a check for a partial amount and gap kicked the rest in the ass.

I'm now in Hawaii.... Scares the hell out of me on the rate 240s are jacked here. This is something that I feel is worth more than 4- 5k
Your from Temecula? Send that S14 my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisOnevia16 View Post
Well the car at the bottom what you dont see in the picture.. Its automatic. Sunroof rust with holes, under the mudflaps there is no more metal, the right side of the car is rusted like hell. Now everything is repaired and got that ka24de auto out of there to swap a sr20det. For a recent update of the car im swapping a 1uzfe with a single and now the car is full tubular and FD built. But if doing it my way is still wrong well I will keep doing to it the wrong way.
lol so you could've fixed those things but you went full dumbfuck. Never go full dumbfuck. You know Michael Hubeny?
Old 09-21-2016, 09:10 AM   #12932
SlammedCarsUSA
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
SlammedCarsUSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
The hood vents look like foam sound dampening lol
Everything is made by him. Took "built not bought" too literally.

Instagram: SlammedCarsUSA
SlammedCarsUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:31 PM   #12933
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by isymty View Post
instead of deleting two consecutive pages of useless bickering over state vs. state issues, suddenly, and without warning, the decision was made to lock the thread.
I don't know what you're talking about
Old 09-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #12934
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlcSnPoLF-4
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:42 PM   #12935
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
I don't know what you're talking about
it's a spambot
Old 09-21-2016, 01:05 PM   #12936
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedCarsUSA View Post
Everything is made by him. Took "built not bought" too literally.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:59 PM   #12937
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by souljaseth33 View Post
I think this one is down for the count finally.

My guess: Spray cans car to try to collect a new free paint job from insurance for vandalism . Well probably didn't work out as expected with them.. so not being a happy camper with the color/ decides he wants out.. so decides to wreck it for an excuse like bad weather or something..
Old 09-21-2016, 04:42 PM   #12938
sil80takashi
Zilvia Junkie

sil80takashi is making a name for him/her selfsil80takashi is making a name for him/her self
Reminds me of that one jackass that wrecked his new R35 down GMR claiming it was stolen, and he posted the video of him racing and wrecking on youtube and got caught in the end, karma is a bitch
Old 09-22-2016, 04:38 PM   #12939
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s13

Had to edit my post. I saw an ad on craigslist and I felt bad instantly. Especially since I think I know the guy. Let's just say the car he built was done very, very wrong lol.
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #12940
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
My guess: Spray cans car to try to collect a new free paint job from insurance for vandalism.
Spray cans? You mean unique and irreplaceable custom paint work.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:38 PM   #12941
HaoleBarry

HaoleBarry is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=dizzariot;6115972]Your from Temecula? Send that S14 my way

What makes you think I want to give up my S14 to anyone? Especially anyone who is from the I.E. Lol.. No I no longer live in that fucken shithole and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HaoleBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:46 PM   #12942
HaoleBarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
4-5k is probably what KBB says its worth if you're lucky

I'm saying that I feel like KBB should take another look at the estimated worth of the later model 240sx, especially the Kouki, non totaled ones should be increased knowing the production numbers on them Vs how many are still OG stock. lol, doubt it will slow the rate of them being smashed to shit or destroyed by people.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:02 PM   #12943
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
At least KBB doesn't matter when it comes to insurance claims. With my accident Geico looked at the local market value. And since they couldn't find any cars in similar condition as mine, they gave me 60% of what I had payed for it, and didn't total it out either. That was cool.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:38 PM   #12944
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
At least KBB doesn't matter when it comes to insurance claims. With my accident Geico looked at the local market value. And since they couldn't find any cars in similar condition as mine, they gave me 60% of what I had payed for it, and didn't total it out either. That was cool.

Uh, no it's not lol!!

Insurance absolutely goes by what THEY deem market value. So even when NADA is $20k they are like "nope, $16k".

With any collectible you really do need to go with an agreed price.

Grundy, Hagerty, USAA, etc.

I'd really hate to have a Supra that would cost $40k to replace and end up only getting $22k for it.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:35 PM   #12945
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Guess it depends on the car. I got rear ended at a slow speed, in a mint body 92 Coupe that I payed 3 grand for. Got 2,200 from insurance and stayed clean title, got the dented quarter pulled and crash beam replaced for $700. Seemed like a good deal to me.

Geico does not go off of NADA so I assume other agencies don't either. They have their own proprietary independent software they use to calculate market value and give the estimate of repair costs.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:36 PM   #12946
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Guess it depends on the car. I got rear ended at a slow speed, in a mint body 92 Coupe that I payed 3 grand for. Got 2,200 from insurance...

Yeah, okay.

Worst example ever.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:05 PM   #12947
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

What would be a "good" example in my situation? I don't see the problem. I don't even know what point we are trying to prove anymore.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:16 PM   #12948
HaoleBarry

Quote:
What would be a "good" example in my situation? I don't see the problem. I don't even know what point we are trying to prove anymore.

Lol.... No one knows.... He probably doesn't know either..... But it's not a good example try again

Old 09-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #12949
HaoleBarry

Quote:

Hey you're the big homie Marc's friend.... I was with Marc in Afghan

Old 09-23-2016, 09:45 PM   #12950
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Lol.... No one knows.... He probably doesn't know either..... But it's not a good example try again

A good example was listed in my original post.

You have a Supra TT that you can sell for $40k all day long and would take $40k to replace.

It's totaled and the insurance companies says "here is your blue book $18,500". You just got fucked out of $20k.

Buying a car at the bottom of its depreciation curve and getting bottom depreciation for it is nothing spectacular.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:49 PM   #12951
HaoleBarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
A good example was listed in my original post.

You have a Supra TT that you can sell for $40k all day long and would take $40k to replace.

It's totaled and the insurance companies says "here is your blue book $18,500". You just got fucked out of $20k.

Buying a car at the bottom of its depreciation curve and getting bottom depreciation for it is nothing spectacular.

lol.....

Does anyone have any more updates on the fucken Z or what?

Quite tired of hearing about insurance claims....

Old 09-23-2016, 10:03 PM   #12952
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:

What makes you think I want to give up my S14 to anyone? Especially anyone who is from the I.E. Lol.. No I no longer live in that fucken shithole and couldn't be happier.
Ah I'd just be watching it for you. Don't want it stolen over there in Hawaii, yeah? lol. Seriously though, get a pad with a garage or get an alarm. Cars over there are stolen all the damn time. Fucking shame.

Dude 'repping' Temecula or the Inland Empire is the lamest shit ever. I'm out in Japan now. Don't wanna go back to Temecula haha.

OT: any updates with that guy that had his Z catch on fire at the dealership? Benn outta the loop and don't want to search.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:49 PM   #12953
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Smh I give up idk how many times I have to say they don't go off blue book...

Old 09-24-2016, 06:12 AM   #12954
Bullitt_180sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Bullitt_180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Smh I give up idk how many times I have to say they don't go off blue book...

They absolutely do go off of book value as a base number, then they will look at what others are selling for which will bring the number up some, but not enough to replace the vehicle. There is too much of a gap between the book value and the real world value. You can try to convince them all day about the real world value of the car, and you may get an extra $500-$1000 out of them but anything more will take a lawyer and a lot of time and money. In the end, you still won't get anything near what it will take to replace it.
Bullitt_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:03 AM   #12955
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute

ot

Last edited by driftsucky; 09-24-2016 at 11:53 AM..
driftsucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:57 AM   #12956
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

"You're doing it wrong" Pt. 2 - Because turrible ideas never die

Obviously when my car was not damaged enough to total it out I wasn't concerned with replacing the vehicle, and even then I got almost what the car was worth anyways and didn't total it.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:13 PM   #12957
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point

truck bed liner

"break neck, kill egos"
danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:26 PM   #12958
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

They 100% care about Blue book value.
BUT
you can argue that BBK is wrong for your area and get a LITTLE more.

When I totaled by 2003 Evolution w/23k miles on it back in 2010 they wanted to give me 16k for it. I told them to fuck off, they go for way more than that. They had me send them 3 cars within 300 miles that were similar.

I sent them 3 that ranged in price 20-25k. They gave me 22k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Uh, no it's not lol!!

Insurance absolutely goes by what THEY deem market value. So even when NADA is $20k they are like "nope, $16k".

With any collectible you really do need to go with an agreed price.

Grundy, Hagerty, USAA, etc.

I'd really hate to have a Supra that would cost $40k to replace and end up only getting $22k for it.
I really need to do this with my 240. I would be fucked if it got stolen. Most insurance companies will only cover blue book + 4-5k of parts if you're lucky.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:15 PM   #12959
HaoleBarry

I feel responsible for fucking this thread up. lol, some of you guys have no attention span at all.... Went from stating that this fuck boy with the Z is maybe trying a Insurance scam..... To getting a 240 covered by hagerty. Maybe a supra but a 240? Come on....

Can we change the thread name?

Old 09-25-2016, 04:54 PM   #12960
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
To getting a 240 covered by hagerty. Maybe a supra but a 240? Come on....

But then you totally redeem yourself with this bullshit DIW content!!

Seriously. These cars are worthless on paper. Even more reason to worry about that when picking insurance.

Before I sold mine I spent 5 years and $15k building it. Had it been stolen or a total loss wreck I'd had been screwed. "Here's your $2,800 thanks"

Even if a chassis swap was possible, it would have sucked so much dick.

Find a rust free hatch. Strip it down, swap stupid expensive Type-x shit, have it painted. Swap power train, swap 5-lugs, swap interior. Rewire... on and on.

So screw that. That's actually why I completely stopped caring about drifting. It had taken so much time and money to get where I got, I wasn't about to be all "oh fuck it, just get a $500 roller and swap over if you wreck".