Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #181
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Ooo, how much for the Recaros?

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #182
tckracker
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
tckracker will become famous soon enoughtckracker will become famous soon enoughtckracker will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Just subscribed

Just Subscribed, keep up the good work!! Show that the Gov't can be changed...
Old 07-08-2007, 01:33 AM   #183
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
I could tell you what mountain, but thats off topic, and I could tell you about the seats but that is too.
If you are interested PM me.
in the mean time, I may do a cool little write up about corner weighting my car, even tho I dont know what I'm doing. :ghey:

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:35 AM   #184
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
haha, i say do it.

how ya been bud? LONG time no talk.

BACK TO SUBJECT!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #185
ZOMG_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
ZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZOMG_S14
corner weight that bad boy!
and im dying to know about what the carb lady said!
update!
all my sentences end in exclamation points!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #186
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Stance coils are on.
need an alignment and rucas.
couldnt completely corner weight the car because it had too much weight in the rear. my rears are too short and fronts are too long. Will fix tomorrow.
However the fronts were only 20lbs different. not bad.

EDIT: Wow somone 5 star'd my thread? LOL.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #187
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to cmcdougle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tknbkthrsdy4anfg View Post
Wow somone 5 star'd my thread? LOL.
I'd 5 star your thread any day. haha.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #188
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Hehe. new pics from last night soon.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #189
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Day 14
July 10, 2007
Blown suspension stinks. I’ve been riding on blown KYB AGX’s and Eibach Sportlines for far too long. But today I changed all of that, and got a set of Stance GR+ Pro’s. But first since I have S14 knuckles and drilled out the mounting bolts in my AGX’s to fit S14 bolts and I dont want to drill the Stances out, I made bushings.
I started out with some thick wall steel rod.

Then machined it down some to get a nice smooth surface.

Then I drilled it out.

The made more passes until it was down to the correct outer diameter, cut it out and made three more.

Next I took of my 17x10 rear wheels to see the ugly sight I was expecting.

Eew, blown shocks with all of the fluid on the outside. So, out those had to go, and in go the Stances.

Jeez, these things are beefy.
Next the fronts went on, with my little spacers fitting oh so perfectly.

I didn’t know if this was the right way to do this, I didn’t read the manual, so I set my camber plates as far positive as they would go, that way if I set my wheel camber to zero, I would have that whole angle of adjustment to go negative. Seems like it made sense to me, since I will never use positive camber.

Next we got out the scale pads, which aren’t really supposed to go on the floor, but I was to lazy to get the set up pad.

The wheels had to come off and on a few times to adjust the ride hight, camber and corner weights. And finally I got it close enough for now, since it was getting close to midnight.

So I got out the torque wrench and started torquing things back down. You can tell here how hard I had been working.

The next day I tweaked the right heights a little more and decided it was time to pull the fenders off and relocate the front harnesses that will get rubbed through on a lowered car.

First I took off the fender.

Then took all the thick wire loom off the harness and rewrapped it with electrical tape. pounded part of the seam flat to get the harness above it, and the rest of it at a right angle to hold the harness up. Then I cut out a section of the wire loom and put it around the harness where it crosses the seam.

Next I strategically stuck on some ziptie holders.

And finally I ziptied it on.

The fenders were a huge pain to put back on, exacerbated by the fact I didn’t take the front bumper off. But all in all, it wasn’t too bad and the peace of mind is worth it all.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #190
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
good update man. keep it up hehhehe
Old 07-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #191
s13poop
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
werd joe

everything is looking really good
Old 07-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #192
jussjepbrox
Zilvia Member

jussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enough
nice build,hows the ride on the stance pros i just ordered mine last week should be coming in a few days
Old 07-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #193
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Well, compared to my blown KYB's and Sportlines. its amazingly better.
compared to my friend's M3 with Bilstein coilovers its a little more harsh.

Its not bad at all, I have them set to full soft and its not too bouncy and its not too harsh.

My boss said it needs a little less high speed daming.
I guess that means its too firm over bumps.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #194
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Posi rep for good update and 5 star thread Joe =0)
Old 07-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #195
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
joe! I have 5 lug sleeves just chillin in my garage. you could've just taken those instead of making your own.
always ask!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:43 AM   #196
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1sm0r View Post
joe! I have 5 lug sleeves just chillin in my garage. you could've just taken those instead of making your own.
always ask!
Awww.

Lol, thats a random thing to ask for. and its okay, I've been :hammer: on the lathe making parts for our racecar all week. It was good practice.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #197
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
that's a pretty sweet tool you got there. Congrats. It's looking very nice.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #198
Chaws15
Zilvia Junkie

Chaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfection
Dude I think I just gave you +4 rep at the same time... ahahaha doesn't hurt to have more
Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #199
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Niiicceeee.. How you like 'em? Sweet right?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:40 PM   #200
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Bettah much much bettah.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #201
si2die4

si2die4 is on a distinguished road
Nice build, I love all the pics!
Old 07-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #202
ZOMG_S14
Zilvia Junkie

ZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to beholdZOMG_S14 is a splendid one to behold
hmmm, there seems to be a few pictures that were omitted from the build thread lol.

+1 on the wire relocation, im sure you'll feel a lot better knowing your harness isn't getting all chewed up under there.

do you still have more tweaking to do with the ride heights? or did you get those to where you want them?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #203
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Much more with the tweaking to be done.
I need to get ride height dialed
then camber, toe, caster.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:09 AM   #204
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xblack240x
Haven't been on for a long while, good update... PM'd you cause I want to know what local mountain you drove on, I only know a few, they aren't really that interesting though. Keep us updated, keep us hoping this works cause I'm going to be needing a new engine soon and I don't want another KA.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:31 AM   #205
ZOMG_S14
Zilvia Junkie

update fool, i know you have stuff to add
Old 07-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #206
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

I dont have any pics yet!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:51 PM   #207
J-Style
Zilvia Addict

J-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by skater4145 View Post
hmmm, there seems to be a few pictures that were omitted from the build thread lol.

+1 on the wire relocation, im sure you'll feel a lot better knowing your harness isn't getting all chewed up under there.

do you still have more tweaking to do with the ride heights? or did you get those to where you want them?
+1 on that Chris!

Joe, where are the lovely pictures of Chris and I?

I didn't know you ended up relocating the wiring harness, it looks great! I plan on doing that after I get my coil-over's, want to help? :ghey:
Old 07-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #208
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

New Pics from yesterday!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #209
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I see one picture
Old 07-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #210
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
I dont recall seeing a picture of your engine bay.

yeah its another Sr swap but sometimes the smallest details show how a person goes about with auto's