Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #2101
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Roof racks were pretty useful when they first started comin' around, as not only could you actually have a functional place to store extra stuff, but if your car was already a sleeper, you'd make it look even less like a car that'd be involved in a street race as far as cops are concerned.

a shame it's no longer the case at this point.

I don't consider extreme negative camber or roof racks as rice, as rice IMO is Race-Inspired-Cosmetic-Enhancements.

negative camber was simply bored Japanese delinquents wanting to do something more ostentatious to their vehicles while still breaking vehicle laws (spoilers can't be higher than x height, mufflers can't be louder than y decibels, etc.).

have you ever considered the fact that there are cars which gain a decent amount of negaitve camber once they are dopped? we aren't saying every car with negative camber is rice. giving your car (especially FWD) a shit ton of rear negative camber to rock wheels that dont fit is the new RICE.

whats so funny is if you rewind back say 3-4 years ago, how often did you see cars at meets rocking roof racks with barely ridden bikes on them? or stupid junk they could find in their basement thrown on the roof for a meet? how often did you see cars with intentional rusted hoods, body panels, or even the whole damn body. how often did you see clean built cars with garbage widened steelies and diamond racing wheels? how often did you see retarded sticker bombing? how often did you see animal print completely covering a car inside or out?

The whole car scene has gone to shit IMO. everyone is trying sooo hard to "be different", yet they're just following every current trend to date. Just because you're doing something different, doesn't mean its going to turn out good. the moment people decided to combind a bunch of different car trends and throw them onto one vehicle, is about the time when this shit went down hill.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #2102
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Personally I think rusted hoods/body panels are the ugliest, stupidest most retarded thing a person can do to their car

Since the beginning of car modification man has tried so hard to avoid rust

Where exactly did this stem from? What makes a person decide, "intentionally damaging my car is a good idea"?

I understand a rusted out hot rod but thats different (patina)
Old 06-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #2103
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
thats where it came from tho. people trying to apply gimmicks from other scenes to stand out.

There is a reason a rat rod looks good rusted. (fits the era/style)

There is a reason 96 honda civic does not. (opposite)

Simple as that.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Old 06-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #2104
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
even rat rods shouldnt be rusty. the whole rat rod thing wasnt cool with the old car guys until maybe 10 years ago. now people paint thier cars to look lke they have been sitting for years. its just retarded.

example
Painting Faux Patina - Street Rodder Magazine
Old 06-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #2105
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
I don't believe most honda guys pay attention to rat rods, since they don't appreciate that type of scene. IMO The honda seen has bit off the euro scene BIG time in the last couple of years. The air cooled guys can pull off that rusted look because as WAKE said it fits the era. and most of the vw's you find from the 50's,60's,etc are rusted to some extent anyway. I love the rad rod look on cars from that era.I absolutely hate any time a car is intentionally rusted. whats even more sad is when dudes in brand new BMW's or VW's (2000+) intentionally rust a piece or portion of the car. ahaha what a joke. then you have the near immacuate honda's with a rusted hood......then people started making excuses for doing stupid shit to their cars. exp: "the clear coat was pealing on my hood, so i rusted it...."

another aspect that backs up my statement is: what all of a sudden every honda wants rwd staggered width wheels and BBS RS? shaved bays? Im not saying any of that is rice, but a couple years back honda guys could care less. they just wanted b series swaps, mugen wheels, and jdm front ends.

with the whole wheel fitment thing getting blown out of proportion in the states, it makes me miss the days when honda's had grip fitment and could take turns like they're on rails. now most of them can't do much besides park. such a shame

Last edited by 4DOOR_LIFE; 06-22-2011 at 03:59 PM..
Old 06-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #2106
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
This is just plain badass, but who would apply it to a modern car?

Dry Lakes Relic 1934 Ford Coupe - Hot Rod Magazine

I do agree on euro trends however, plaid interior fabrics are becoming more common. What was FolksVaggin (correct pronunciation lol) thinking when they made plaid seat panels? Even the euro guys dislike that lol
Old 06-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #2107
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
thats where it came from tho. people trying to apply gimmicks from other scenes to stand out.

There is a reason a rat rod looks good rusted. (fits the era/style)

There is a reason 96 honda civic does not. (opposite)

Simple as that.

well the rusted out hot rod was originally done as a low key chassis lightening technique. before fiber glass bodies, they would let the entire body rust out and then sand it down to achieve weight reduction to the utmost extent.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #2108
Gizmo_S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Gizmo_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^^^ didn't know that. That's actually interesting.

Hachiroku, ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #2109
Uncivil240

Uncivil240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post

haha i see this guy all the time, he asked me about my car once at a 7-11 and tryed to race me for cash... i laughed in has face and left.
happens all the time >.>
Tell him to meet you at the track and race for pinks lol
Old 06-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #2110
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
not a ronal bear fan?
Ronal bears are the sickness.... I'd buy a car JUST for those wheels. Too bad they probably cost like 2-3k a set.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #2111
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Holy shit, I didnt know Ronal made low offset Teddy Bears! I'd rock the shit outta those things.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #2112
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
lol pretty sure they're custom barrels
Old 06-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #2113
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
dubstep.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #2114
Obsidian

Trader Rating: (2)
Obsidian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DOOR_LIFE View Post
have you ever considered the fact that there are cars which gain a decent amount of negaitve camber once they are dopped? we aren't saying every car with negative camber is rice. giving your car (especially FWD) a shit ton of rear negative camber to rock wheels that dont fit is the new RICE.
I suppose it depends on one's view of the term rice. for me it's simply stuff done to your car to make it look like something it's not, such as lambo doors, giant spoilers on cars that can't even hit a 100mph top speed, etc.

Quote:
whats so funny is if you rewind back say 3-4 years ago, how often did you see cars at meets rocking roof racks with barely ridden bikes on them? or stupid junk they could find in their basement thrown on the roof for a meet? how often did you see cars with intentional rusted hoods, body panels, or even the whole damn body. how often did you see clean built cars with garbage widened steelies and diamond racing wheels? how often did you see retarded sticker bombing? how often did you see animal print completely covering a car inside or out?
3~4 years ago, I saw cars at shows and meets rocking some bike racks but it had yet to really pick up and take off as it has nowadays. I had seen some cars at trade shows that were classic imports (such as '73 Celicas) rocking schwinns of the same era. intentional rusted hoods and body panels? that's rat rod styling that has been done for ages, though mostly with the hotrod scene or with the japanese biker scene. sticker bombing? Saw it coming a mile away. Anyone could have. as for animal print covering a car, i saw that issue mainly with donks and lowriders.

a trend with a car is like any trend or fad with any other genre or niche product or market. Whether it's overkilled pop music now being integrated with pure rap or the explosion of dubstep and growth of melbourne shuffling with hardstyle and hardtrance, when a mass of people discover something unique that fits their tastes, it'll have a higher chance of explosion. What was once seen as 'oh shit i never saw that before' a few years ago is now 'wtf now everyone's doing it just to do it'.

Quote:
The whole car scene has gone to shit IMO. everyone is trying sooo hard to "be different", yet they're just following every current trend to date. Just because you're doing something different, doesn't mean its going to turn out good. the moment people decided to combind a bunch of different car trends and throw them onto one vehicle, is about the time when this shit went down hill.
tastes change as people get older, and sometimes what was once 'retro' or you thought was tacky might come back and be quite nice or trendy later on.

The car scene is again, no different from the music scene, the martial arts scene, or anything else. Sometimes, when you try to be original it just so happens you're ending up in something that's already been done, or perhaps what you're doing is something improved upon an already thought-up concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
not a ronal bear fan?
I would totally rock the ronal bears if the faces were forged instead of cast. From what I've heard from the VW community, they're about as reliable as rotas or varrstoens (aka not at all) so they're mostly for cosmetic purposes only.

However, if BBS did a forged wheel collab or someone carved out the ronals to slip on a set of forged wheels like hubcaps or something... that'd be hilarious and i'd rock it immediately. hell i'd paint 'em different HoK colors so I look like i'm on gummybears.

Last edited by Obsidian; 06-22-2011 at 09:08 PM..
Old 06-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #2115
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinkrunk View Post

Like -65 offset, the guy is supposedly doing a widebody conversion.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #2116
Obsidian

Trader Rating: (2)
Obsidian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflip69 View Post
I don't doubt it since those Grals in that size are at least 4 grand minimum lol.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #2117
Redstar
Zilvia Member

Redstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Old 06-23-2011, 07:56 PM   #2118
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point
/\/\that made me laugh...
Old 06-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #2119
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
sticking resemblance
Old 06-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #2120
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflip69 View Post
that's going to look like shit, rad
Old 06-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #2121
redline1320
Zilvia Junkie

redline1320 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow this guy sure knows what stance means
Old 06-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #2122
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar View Post

Someone please photoshop the wheels onto that catfish

Quote:
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #2123
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinkrunk View Post

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #2124
Redstar
Zilvia Member

LOL

10characters
Old 06-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #2125
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Yesss the most awesome catfish ever

Quote:
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #2126
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
oh man i forgot about this somehow..
i have some good ones.. lemme upoad them.. i got one of my neighbors with a AWESOME camry you gotta see it.. brb ill edit this post hahah

alright.. so i got sneaky and got all up in this dudes driveway, he lives behind me... haha

bahahaha its stock as hell... hahaha
Old 06-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #2127
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Damn your gonna get shot....All on private property. A car like that, you know hes watchin cause its fast.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #2128
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
The bra and the beanie baby really pull it all together...
Old 06-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #2129
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Hahahahahahahahhaahha!!!! Too good
Old 06-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #2130
Redstar
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post
oh man i forgot about this somehow..
i have some good ones.. lemme upoad them.. i got one of my neighbors with a AWESOME camry you gotta see it.. brb ill edit this post hahah
But that's a Corolla.