Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #241
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Things will work out.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #242
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
ka24debt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
not having money to start anything this summer is killing me. i sold the coilovers and bumper and picked up a daily but thats been a nightmare too. i wound up getting a 02 chevy malibu. 2 days after getting it the starter went, and two days after i went to get gas and the thing wouldn't come on. i had to leave it at that gas station and just let those people check it out. the following day i got a phone call to check out the car and the camshaft sensor wound up failing. so im at about 1600 bucks with this car when i felt like i coulda just slapped my car back together.
but paitence is a virtue and i know itll be worth it in the long run when i get this car properly assembled. so far since ive had no money i have done nothing other then just look at the car in pure disapointment lol. i made a full list of everything that needs to be done and im setting a 5k budget excluding paint but we will see.
im hoping to start purchasing some stuff soon. i got a 2nd job i should be starting in 2 weeks so hopefully the money starts to roll in so i dont gotta be so cheap and live comfortably. ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

dueces.

slowly but surely stuff will get done
ka24debt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #243
240sxDavid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
240sxDavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Keep your head up,
Remember the good ol days and the even better ones ahead of you
240sxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #244
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Good things happen to people that wait and don't rush and half ass shit. Can't wait to see her back together.
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #245
myKAl
Zilvia Member

myKAl is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24debt View Post
sadly im still 21 with an undeclared major and absolutely no idea what i wanna do with my life. this car def. doesnt help lol
i agree with above posts, you should be a writer, start your own car blog or some crap or try to be a writer on car bogs, just an option.

really wish you had money lol the wait inbetween your build is killing me Dx pretty interesting, gl with 2.0!!
myKAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #246
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

was sitting on the toilet and realized how much a piece of shit this car is and how this threads title isnt true to its words.

anyway i can rename the title, "from rust to "riches" back to more rust?"

btw no updates.. hopefully ordering some stuff in a few weeks.. so much to do/buy and dont know where to start first. im 21 and my girlfriends already finding grey hairs in my scalp. i blame it on this car.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #247
Driftwurks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Driftwurks is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24debt View Post
was sitting on the toilet and realized how much a piece of shit this car is
Keep your head up man!
Driftwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #248
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

broke but the build isn't abandoned. alot of other priorities have made themselves known. its kinda frustrating because its been a few months with little to no progress but thats how life goes. just take it how it comes and when the opportunity comes just try to take advantage which is what i've been doing.

got to business on the subframe, prepping for coating.. still deciding if i wanna put solid subframe bushings in. any feedback or opinions are more then welcome here.

my friend chris gettin to work!

would stitching anywhere else in the car be beneficial other then the obvious?(engine bay) btw dont mind the silver rattle can.. just a temp since i had nothing for the rear. im planing to por15 it

i figured id start with the rear of the car. i dont wanna keep jumping from spot to spot on the car. im currently installing energy suspension bushings for the rlca and rear spindles, and definately trying to have a functional z32 ebrake setup with project mu pads. im hoping to have the rear done by october.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #249
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Something is leaking/basting on the frame man...if I were you I would find another DD and put in some serious surgery time on the frame.

Also another vote to keeping it, but this corrective maintenance is a uphill battle!
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #250
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
Something is leaking/basting on the frame man...if I were you I would find another DD and put in some serious surgery time on the frame.

Also another vote to keeping it, but this corrective maintenance is a uphill battle!

i did lol. which is why theres been barely any updates. i bought a dd, hadda put some maintence into it and some. but the moneys slowly building and ive been putting some more attention to the car :]
Old 09-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #251
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
im in the same boat as you at the moment aha, broke, progress slowing on my build.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #252
mostdopes13
Leaky Injector

mostdopes13 is an unknown quantity at this point
our cars looked a lot alike at one point haha
hope things start turning around on this i like it
mostdopes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #253
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Get the solid subframe risers, its a great upgrade for ~100 bucks. When I put them in my car I didn't notice any difference in ride quality at all, just cabin noise. That said, make sure your exhaust doesn't rattle on anything and everything in the rear is tight, or else it'll make squealing clunking death noises lol. Anyways, on my car they fixed my issue with hitting my toe arms on the subframe cups and it feels a little bit better when I go drifting now. So it was well worth the money for me.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #254
PNWphotog

PNWphotog is an unknown quantity at this point
haha This is very inspiring, i hope you win the lotto or something.
PNWphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #255
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAndLegit View Post
im in the same boat as you at the moment aha, broke, progress slowing on my build.
lol worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostdopes13 View Post
our cars looked a lot alike at one point haha
hope things start turning around on this i like it
lmfao wow crazy! slowly but surely getting there though, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Get the solid subframe risers, its a great upgrade for ~100 bucks. When I put them in my car I didn't notice any difference in ride quality at all, just cabin noise. That said, make sure your exhaust doesn't rattle on anything and everything in the rear is tight, or else it'll make squealing clunking death noises lol. Anyways, on my car they fixed my issue with hitting my toe arms on the subframe cups and it feels a little bit better when I go drifting now. So it was well worth the money for me.
i know the mod would be worth it.. my main question is it worth my santiy? i had solid mounts on my car and i literally wanted to shoot myself. the car was so stiff, bolts were undoing themselves, stripping etc. im hoping its not crazy enough that my arms and other stuff start to undo from vibration
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWphotog View Post
haha This is very inspiring, i hope you win the lotto or something.
lol thanks
Old 09-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #256
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

dont worry its not staying rattle canned. this shit is such a pain in the ass. for the next few weeks ill be welding and slowly piecing the subframe back together

Old 09-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #257
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

so... my sr20 is pending sale at the moment and something REAAAALLLY nice is coming.

tomei
os giken
cp pistons
eagle rods
cosworth
greddy

just a few names to throw out there. i test drove the motor a couple of days ago and i've had trouble sleeping the last few nights. i put a downpayment on it and im super siked to show you guys! shit is about to get real.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #258
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

here she is! (not my car)

update:
so the motor (well car) has been dropped off to my house so hopefully in a few weeeks i can start but im def. siked! the motor is from a local kid and ive seen the car and motor in action in plenty of times. im gonna get to cleaning everything up but one step at a time.

impressions when driving this car, the engine is sick. revs up super quick, rips hard through the gears, afrs are good, no knocks or abnormal noises. the clutch is a bit annoying but ill get used to it.

sr20det redtop
-tomei pon cams
-tomei rocker arm stoppers
-upgraded valve springs and retainers
-arp head studs
-cosworth headgasket
-cp pistons
-eagle rods
- acl bearings
-greddy oil pan
- greddy oil filter relocation kit
-nismo fpr
- rc 750cc injectors (top feed)
-jgy fuel rail
-thermo intake manifold gasket
- disco potato turbo
-isis v2 manifold
- steel braided lines
-aem wideband(not using)
-aem tru-boost(not using)
-greddy emanage ecu (not using)
-koyo rad/hoses
- electric fans (not using)
-greddy fmic
-greddy type s bov

and thats about it off hand lol. cant wait to tear this thing down and make it look good. btw i kept my valve cover :]

Old 09-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #259
Mikey444
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Mikey444 is making a name for him/her selfMikey444 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Man that valve cover is bad luck, toss that thing lol. Great build thread though.
Mikey444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #260
Backwoodsboy
Leaky Injector

Backwoodsboy is an unknown quantity at this point
you still want the z32 ebrake stuff? you messaged me along time ago and i still have it in a box...lol. let me know

Also looks like youre making good progress again. keep it up
Backwoodsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #261
goldenls
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
goldenls is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hi nice build dude. I have a pretty rusty shell like yours and seeing you fix all that rust is about to give
Me some motivation lol. A couple questions what kind of metal did you use and where did you get it. Thanks and keep it up
goldenls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #262
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey444 View Post
Man that valve cover is bad luck, toss that thing lol. Great build thread though.
lol the ka valve covers the jinxed one! its been on 4 blown motors and counting ive heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoodsboy View Post
you still want the z32 ebrake stuff? you messaged me along time ago and i still have it in a box...lol. let me know

Also looks like youre making good progress again. keep it up
sorry, i had picked up brand new cables from frsport last week :/ i was meaning to get those though, i dont have any of your pms anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenls View Post
Hi nice build dude. I have a pretty rusty shell like yours and seeing you fix all that rust is about to give
Me some motivation lol. A couple questions what kind of metal did you use and where did you get it. Thanks and keep it up
to be honest i really dont know.. i just used w.e metal was at my friends garage.. def stronger then any metal on our cars though. but thankyou.. got some more updates coming.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #263
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

got some free time to clean up so i removed all the surface rust outta the hatch and sprayed it up. stitch welds are all done too. i actually got time to repsray the panels with fabric paint and did the carpet and and side panels black to match the 180 seats which ill post up tomorrow.

removed this sketchy ass harness from the other car. the ignitor was in the car and so many hacked up wires to set this emanage up. thank god i sold both. im using my wiring specialties harness and i figured id sell this emanage to get an enthalpy tune. and to my suprise when the stock ecu fell out of the glove box somehow.. its already tuned by enthalpy!! so instead of paying 400 bucks to get it tuned all i gotta do is get the thing reflashed for 100 or 150.. w.e their price is.

figured is start cleaning up and inspecting other aspects of the motor. cylinder #3 spark plug was loose and it cracked.. saved it from falling into the motor with gum lol

well tomorrows my birthday. after work im hoping to start removing more small stuff out of the engine bay from the other car so i can be ready to pull it out and im almost positive my girlfriend bought me all my subframe parts i needed :] we will see.

oh. heres the car exactly a year ago lol. kinda miss it.

i miss it... but coming back soon :/
Old 10-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #264
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

woohoo power steering cooler setup

and the carpet came out awesome :]

and got these bad boys! 17/18 here we come!

the subframe was sent for powdercoating.. the circuit sport arms have all been sold, bushings are being pressed on and spl arms have been ordered. update in a couple of weeks :]
Old 10-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #265
benz88
Leaky Injector

benz88 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good! what did you use for fabric paint?
benz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #266
turbo98
Zilvia Member

turbo98 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo98 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo98 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo98 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo98 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo98 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo98 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo98 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo98 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo98 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo98 is a glorious beacon of light
Great job.
turbo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #267
240SilviaX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
240SilviaX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How hard was it to get the poly bushings into the rlca's and the rear spindle?? Good Job btw.. I got a 93 black hatch Im building also.
240SilviaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #268
wtb24o

Trader Rating: (5)
wtb24o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Great build! Just read the whole thread and I want more lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SilviaX View Post
How hard was it to get the poly bushings into the rlca's and the rear spindle?? Good Job btw.. I got a 93 black hatch Im building also.
I haven't done RCLA's yet but I recently did my rear spindles. They are awkward to do because of the shape and weight.. if you have a vice or a press and someone to help hold them it isn't too difficult.

I burned them out, removed the metal rings and put the new bushings with a friend to help hold everything steady in about 1.5 hours (which may have been a bit slow because it was my first time working with bushings)
wtb24o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #269
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Looking good man, can't wait to see when you have everything back together again.
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #270
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

been busy with school the past couple of weeks but squeezing the car in every chance i get. my subframe is powder coated.. i ordered the full spl arm kit which should be here next week. the motor is completely refreshed.. all gaskets, seals and hoses are replaced aswell.

i also got an iphone so no more shitty pics!

sketchy ass hoses

figured it would be easier to do off the engine.. only p.i.a is that its not fully dry and the dye was getting everywhere

im lazy

complete

next week is the subframe like i said. i was gonna go solid bushings but pussed out. im gonna try to do the rlca and spindle bushings tomorrow as well as finish welding up the car so i can prep for paint soon too.