Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-02-2015, 09:26 AM   #7861
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

The point is that kids aren't willing to wait. They want that Insta-like, Insta-eFame from Instagram all the time.
This times one million
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2015, 09:57 AM   #7862
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
I dont understand how people will justify money on ugly ass wheels and shit, but won't fork up <$500 for an acceptable paint job.

The world would be a much better place if I had authority over other peoples money.
sub $500 will never ever get you an acceptable paint job, unless you are forgetting about the free usage of a paint cabin, sanding material, knowledge about painting, and tons of work. Eventually a full wrap will be way easier to pull, but you won't get anywhere near "acceptable" with less than 2000$ in your pocket. The 500$ paint job is the same as the 800$ engine rebuild or the 1500$ engine swap; keep dreaming boy, life will teach you the real value of these things.

Frankly that is the third post i have read from you, and they all seem to come from the mind of a 15 year old boy that just spent 10 years in a room with no actual contact with the real world. Dropped from health school to go mechanical engineering ? You sure don't show the right mindset for any of these jobs.

TL;DR: grow up, and do something about that Dunning-Kruger syndrom.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:02 AM   #7863
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
AF is modern term your average bro uses to shorten the term "AS FUCK"

To use it in a bro context, " hey bro I just got done cartoon wrapping my front left fender only because hoonigan!"
"bruh thats mint AF !"

Also I suppose I should clarify on that rusty bozo style hatch, despite every commenter thinking its the finished product and spewing "bruh this is clean AF!" "#hoonigan" and linking all there bro's about how great it is. The owner told me it isn't even close to being finished, and that he plans on painting it (in reply to my "you guys are all a bunch of ain't care dipshits if you think this is clean" post), so I suppose we'll see, still the way the 240 scene seems to attract so many dipshit bro's is doing it wrong
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:19 AM   #7864
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough

Old 12-02-2015, 11:02 AM   #7865
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
^ something about that trainwreck looks very RX-8 to me.....
Old 12-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #7866
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
^ something about that trainwreck looks very RX-8 to me.....
I think that could look a lot better without the huge fender vents, and some decent wheels
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:18 PM   #7867
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingersmurf View Post
I think that could look a lot better without the huge fender vents, and some decent wheels
Yeah, the intent of the "vents" to tie the two body lines is a nice touch, but ehh.
Paint, better wheels & stance, and I'm interested in the end result.(though it seems photoshopped)
Curious as to how the rear would look with the bumper shaved down like that.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #7868
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Yeah, the intent of the "vents" to tie the two body lines is a nice touch, but ehh.
Paint, better wheels & stance, and I'm interested in the end result.(though it seems photoshopped)
Curious as to how the rear would look with the bumper shaved down like that.
I get why it was there, but I feel it doesn't suit the s14 chassis. Or at least in that cars current state. I feel this car could be really cool when done. Definitely better than the s14 RB kit anyways
Old 12-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #7869
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
$500 paint job is $500 paint job is $500 paint job. Call me a fucking 'hardliner' but you young fucks don't seem to understand patience. $500 is enough to buy you some suspension arms to get your fucking car lowered properly, a radiator so your 20yr-old car won't overheat, or numerous OTHER things while you save up for a real paint job.

This fucking generation (mine, technically) still believes that they can hide behind the DuHHh wE CaN'T aLL bE RiCh DURRrrRr argument. I'm a fucking E4. My pay is fixed and I can't get overtime or a second job. I save up, I buy, I enjoy. I'm no fucking different from anyone else.

You could also use a credit card. It's a great way to build credit.

The point is that kids aren't willing to wait. They want that Insta-like, Insta-eFame from Instagram all the time.
500$ paint job? I bet it looks horrible.. Well I don't know USA prices, but in Finland you get good paint job for 1500$ and if you want flake it is 2200$
Old 12-02-2015, 01:17 PM   #7870
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
sub $500 will never ever get you an acceptable paint job, unless you are forgetting about the free usage of a paint cabin, sanding material, knowledge about painting, and tons of work. Eventually a full wrap will be way easier to pull, but you won't get anywhere near "acceptable" with less than 2000$ in your pocket. The 500$ paint job is the same as the 800$ engine rebuild or the 1500$ engine swap; keep dreaming boy, life will teach you the real value of these things.

Frankly that is the third post i have read from you, and they all seem to come from the mind of a 15 year old boy that just spent 10 years in a room with no actual contact with the real world. Dropped from health school to go mechanical engineering ? You sure don't show the right mindset for any of these jobs.

TL;DR: grow up, and do something about that Dunning-Kruger syndrom.
Not sure why you and dizzariot are trying to argue with me by essentially making the same argument except at the higher end of the spectrum.

Re read what I have said. That guys white s14 looks decent. It is one solid color and does not look like any of the crappy paintjob cars in this thread.
After re reading that, look up the words decent and acceptable. Then look up the meaning of the phrase high quality. You seem to have those synonymous.

To me, having a car in one color is the absolute bare minimum (decent/acceptable for short)
You are using the word acceptable as if I am talking about a high quality paint job. I know what they cost. Thanks for displaying your general knowledge. Thanks for telling me prices of radiators and suspension parts. I guess all those receipts that I have are actually just dreams.

"Frankly" nice way of trying to show your maturity by starting shit on the internet, oh hey look were in the same boat. When is your math test?

I posted all that information in the other thread to give background on why it really doesn't matter to me. I wanted other people to also post their own background and provide some opinions and I would try and make some correlation between the two. They way you seem to act mature and try to lecture me about growing up (since im a 15 year old boy) doesnt match up with the way you grab at anything you can to try and insult me (the same way a 15 year old kid does)

You're trying to make fun of me because I changed my major in college?
Did you go find some syndrome on webMd to try and insult me with?

I should thank you really, seeing how a 35 year old is flexing his "vast" automotive knowledge while at the same time showing lack of reading comprehension has reiterated to me how I should focus more on my studies than trolling the internet. Maybe that is a little harsh since Acceptable has a different meaning to you as it does to me. The type of nonsense we see here in America has definitely lowered my standards for the general public but the definition of the word still applies.

I'm already way too bored with this. I already see this degrading with anything intellectual and factual and it is going to go down into basic name calling. You're gonna tell me I'm young and dumb and all the nonsense associated with teenage kids and I'm just gonna respond by calling you an old fart in various ways. Thank you gentlemen sincerely. I am shoo'd off the internet for the time being.

Last edited by collegekid; 12-02-2015 at 02:07 PM..
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:05 PM   #7871
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to paint my car and it sure as hell won't cost more then 500$, assume I already have compressor, gun, air tools and a big shop. Will it look showroom? No. Will it look decent? I think so.

Then again, compared to what? All the regional 240sx I see for sale? It might as well be considered showroom.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #7872
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
holy fuck this piece of shit was on CL awhile back in Mass for like 3500 it makes me sad that this represents 99% of S chassis' in New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
but this is rad i dont even care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post

Old 12-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #7873
dub40sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dub40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
that town car is clearly DOING IT RIGHT.
dub40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:33 PM   #7874
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
You're trying to make fun of me because I changed my major in college?
Did you go find some syndrome on webMd to try and insult me with?
The French guy was just making an observation. If anything your choice is commendable. Not many people have the balls to do what they love...but the way you parade it around like you're some hero to the Asian-American community for saying 'no' to your 'Tiger Parents' is very, very fucking annoying.

It's not acceptable to half-ass things when you can save up and whole- ass. You clearly fancy yourself a scholar. I may be simplifying things too much for your genius to comprehend. I'd also like you to observe how my response isn't a fucking college thesis-length exposition.

...and for fuck's sake. I'm fucking 26. I said it here because everyone thinks I'm an old man.

Go out tonight. Get a beer. Enjoy it with a nice slice of humble pie and come back here to talk shit without your rose-colored lenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
500$ paint job? I bet it looks horrible.. Well I don't know USA prices, but in Finland you get good paint job for 1500$ and if you want flake it is 2200$
Jealous of those costs.

You know what, Juucso? I don't think I hate you. I just hope your tastes change. You're too nice to hate. I'm sorry.

OT:

Old 12-03-2015, 01:30 AM   #7875
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Old 12-03-2015, 08:34 AM   #7876
SRS BZNS
Zilvia Member

SRS BZNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SRS BZNS
If that is a paint job and not a wrap that painter deserves a hearty pat on the back. The detail there is insane
SRS BZNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:45 AM   #7877
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Jealous of those costs.

You know what, Juucso? I don't think I hate you. I just hope your tastes change. You're too nice to hate. I'm sorry.
Those are "starting" prices. How much does good flake paint job cost in there? Mine will be with flake and the price is going to settle somewhere in 2500-2800usd.

Well it will, but not with my S13 project.. Sorry
Old 12-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #7878
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Can you goobers quit bickering over nothing and start posting quality content?

Like this FRS that transforms from sunk to still sunk. Wouldn't have had that problem if he had just bought $800 spacers like the real ballerz of Zilvia.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:08 AM   #7879
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
Wouldn't have had that problem if he had just bought $800 spacers like the real ballerz of Zilvia.
I actually just spit out my coffee from laughing. Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:51 PM   #7880
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I wonder whats next
Old 12-03-2015, 07:53 PM   #7881
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
L i t ! ! ! ! !
Old 12-03-2015, 09:35 PM   #7882
StillHood

StillHood is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
I wonder whats next
StillHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:29 AM   #7883
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
http://youtu.be/NwvQmUtbtC0

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:12 AM   #7884
ComicArtist
Zilvia Member

ComicArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't get it.... they just carry around an oversized speed bump to stance meets so idiots can drive at it as fast as they can and nearly maim people while a Korean guy gets everybody hyped up on the PA?
ComicArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #7885
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicArtist View Post
while a Korean guy gets everybody hyped up on the PA?
looks like ROC judging from the flag bruh, ie Taiwan.

Flag knowledge is important
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #7886
Mike s14

Mike s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mike s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 11:18 AM   #7887
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

^
More photos ... I want to suffer .

Old 12-05-2015, 11:26 AM   #7888
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
At least all body panels are accounted for..
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #7889
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
It even has some extra ones over the windows.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #7890
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
yes

yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote