Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #121
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Do this. Stop crying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRNriaSdfl4
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #122
Casperjay
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Casperjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
you need to get out more.
why? lol so i can see a bunch of people over pay for coils that probably preform the same?
Old 03-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #123
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
LOL at Megan's being more functional than PBMs
he was implying he'd rather trade his megans(form) for OP's PBM's(function)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperjay View Post
i never said they were. im saying its better to have function rather than form then i said my megan's were low. never did i say megan's are more functional then pbm's.
But imo megan tracks are perfectly functional, actually i (with my own eyes) have never seen pbm's on anything race related, while megan tracks on the other hand are on the majority of the pro am drift cars that i see in the midwest.
so you've never heard of matt powers, matt field, and ryan kado?

IG - allen.kerose
Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #124
jeremyuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (51)
jeremyuhh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 51 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Wow have you not read anything ? I already did that. I've known to do that if coils don't go as low as you want them. These aren't my first set of coils. I've already removed both collars and added a good amount of preload. Added some camber and its still not as low my old coupe
Old 03-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #125
corby_baby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
corby_baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Im kinda with the op, not sure where this whole super low thing comes from. 1 collar removed no preload, 17's. Dosnt bother me too much since texas roads are shit and going lower makes the car almost undriveable.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #126
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by corby_baby View Post
not sure where this whole super low thing comes from.
ohhh i dont know, maybe..

hopefully all goes well tomorrow and OP gets ahold of pbm, chime in and let us know afterwards op

IG - allen.kerose
Old 03-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #127
corby_baby
Zilvia Junkie

corby_baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
ohhh i dont know, maybe..

hopefully all goes well tomorrow and OP gets ahold of pbm, chime in and let us know afterwards op
Ohh thank god you found that banner, exactly what i was trying to convey when posting that sentence....
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #128
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by corby_baby View Post
Im kinda with the op, not sure where this whole super low thing comes from. 1 collar removed no preload, 17's. Dosnt bother me too much since texas roads are shit and going lower makes the car almost undriveable.

Texas roads are not an excuse, lol I commute back and forth from DFW to So-Cal twice a year like this:

Once again with all collars in tact..
Old 03-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #129
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyuhh View Post
Wow have you not read anything ? I already did that. I've known to do that if coils don't go as low as you want them. These aren't my first set of coils. I've already removed both collars and added a good amount of preload. Added some camber and its still not as low my old coupe
But you didn't do that. I still see all the collars between your spring and perch mount. Until you've done EVERYTHING you can do, (with pics) to show us you've lowered the car, you haven't.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #130
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
But you didn't do that. I still see all the collars between your spring and perch mount. Until you've done EVERYTHING you can do, (with pics) to show us you've lowered the car, you haven't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyuhh View Post
UPDATE: i removed BOTH collars and added about 1 turn of preload this morning... bla bla

I'm pretty sure he pulled the collars...
Old 03-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #131
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
he's just doing it wrong.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #132
jeremyuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAndLegit View Post
he's just doing it wrong.
yea im doing it totally wrong. i have no idea what im doing

Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #133
e5s4y
Zilvia Junkie

e5s4y is an unknown quantity at this point
i know its not the same, but heres mine. pbm pro's maxed out in the front, can still drop a bit more in the rear, but still have all the collars in place up front. tires are 215/45/17 and 225/45/17
Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #134
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Get 6" springs for front. Swift, Hyperco, Eibach.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #135
jeremyuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
what are you talking about? the collar that is left is the spring collar. without it the spring would have no where to sit. how are all my collars still there?

Martin from PBM and alexisthemovie told me add camber. added camber and still not where i want it to be.:

Old 03-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #136
jeremyuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
Get 6" springs for front. Swift, Hyperco, Eibach.
Thats what PBM told me as well. if the problem still persists theyll send me shorter springs.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #137
coty_garcia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
coty_garcia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian310 View Post
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiight
Old 03-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #138
Drift_FX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Drift_FX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
measure the distance from spring seat to the top of threads, subtract that from the length of your spring, order that size spring...... no change in preload and you'll have extra ~2" of drop possible.... /endthread
Old 03-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #139
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Your coilovers look to have an unusual amount of space between the camber plate/pillow ball mount and the upper spring perch. Post a close up photo of that area?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #140
jeremyuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Your coilovers look to have an unusual amount of space between the camber plate/pillow ball mount and the upper spring perch. Post a close up photo of that area?
looks normal to me ?

Old 03-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #141
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
So what did psm say when you called them?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #142
jeremyuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
So what did psm say when you called them?
they never gave me a real solution. they said to add camber. i did and its still not as low and where i want it to be. theyre waiting on Dan to return from japan but they at least forwarded the emails i sent them to him. they said they would get me shorter springs if its still not going low enough.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #143
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

It does look normal, perhaps it was just the angle.

Several years ago, before we had options such as PBM, KTS super lows, D Max etc. I used to shave down the lower insert/spacer that goes between the pillowball and upper perch for an additional 5-10mm of low. If going with a smaller spring is not enough, that may be an option for you.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #144
jeremyuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
It does look normal, perhaps it was just the angle.

Several years ago, before we had options such as PBM, KTS super lows, D Max etc. I used to shave down the lower insert/spacer that goes between the pillowball and upper perch for an additional 5-10mm of low. If going with a smaller spring is not enough, that may be an option for you.
i also compared it to the photos they have on their site and it looked about the same to me.

i think the smaller spring should do it, but i shouldnt i be able to go low even with both collars on?

Last edited by jeremyuhh; 03-26-2013 at 04:31 PM..
Old 03-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #145
alexisthemovie
Zilvia Junkie

alexisthemovie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alexisthemovie
To be honest, my setup looked to be about the same as your fronts with collars removed and camber maxed.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #146
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Fixed your link... I think you ment for him to do this
Old 03-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #147
jeremyuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisthemovie View Post
To be honest, my setup looked to be about the same as your fronts with collars removed and camber maxed.
wouldnt you think 2 collars off and PBMs ability of going super low, as seen on other zilvia members' cars, would make my 2nd coupe lower? something isnt right. i do see and realize the ride height and the amount of tire the fender is covering is almost similar, but i was under the impression of PBMs going low without having to remove collars. im just waiting to see what Dan from PBM has to say.

1 collar removed, 0 preload, -2.8 camber, same tire and wheel size:

2 collars removed, a lot of preload, ~-3 camber:
Old 03-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #148
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Back from Japan today

Lots of good suggestions here.

dont preload

springs do settle over time

Photoshopped ride height is not really drivable

45 series tire on 17 is correct, better for traction and ride and tucking

In the first post you said 0 camber, and the last post said -3 camber? Having 0 camber certainly makes the car higher, and negitive camber makes the car lower.

the standard for any drift car is maximum front camber and add wheel spacers to get the fitment back many people increase camber with the aftermarket FLCA which adds track width which is also good
When the car is cambered in the cars weight focuses on the inside of the tire, and it can compress it more. For tire wear its not good but for drift traction at lock its great because the caster adds too much positive camber when you camber in and change offset with spacers the car also gets lower because wheels are going out and up due to the camber.

Anyhow I have ordered 135mm springs.. only $60 plus shipping but air freight will cost you if you are in a hurry
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #149
Xicor01
Zilvia Member

Xicor01 is an unknown quantity at this point
How about you just return them, wait a little and buy pro's? Especially if all the people with pros are going lower than low?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #150
jeremyuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
Back from Japan today

Lots of good suggestions here.

dont preload

springs do settle over time

Photoshopped ride height is not really drivable

45 series tire on 17 is correct, better for traction and ride and tucking

In the first post you said 0 camber, and the last post said -3 camber? Having 0 camber certainly makes the car higher, and negitive camber makes the car lower.

the standard for any drift car is maximum front camber and add wheel spacers to get the fitment back many people increase camber with the aftermarket FLCA which adds track width which is also good
When the car is cambered in the cars weight focuses on the inside of the tire, and it can compress it more. For tire wear its not good but for drift traction at lock its great because the caster adds too much positive camber when you camber in and change offset with spacers the car also gets lower because wheels are going out and up due to the camber.

Anyhow I have ordered 135mm springs.. only $60 plus shipping but air freight will cost you if you are in a hurry
The first post was the first time i lowered my car. before the 5 lug conversion and wheels, i was running stock wheels with 0 camber. all i did was lower it to its max. the last post was when i was advised to add camber, so i added about -3 if my measurements were correct.

Never though camber would change the ride height that dramatically. on my first coupe, i also maxed out my coils after installing wheels and my fenders were already jammed up against the tire at 0 camber, thats why i was wondering why these coils didnt do that and thats why i thought camber didnt affect ride height. but now i know.

and lastly, Thank you for ordering the springs. im not in a hurry. what are the springs rates ? 10kg/mm ?do i pay now or wait until they have arrived?
Closed Thread