Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-25-2006, 04:04 PM   #121
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB
It's not the 'flow' from the walbro that the FPR can't handle. It's the 50psi output pressure. The Flow data you listed is 100% duty cycle not idle. Idle is were the fpr is bypassing a lot of fuel. The FPR is designed for 43psi but dealing with 50psi inlet pressure.

All the engines you listed use the same FPR. So, they are all affected by higher PSI regardless of flow.
Does this mean that anyone, regardles of engine, using a walboro needs an aftermarket FPR to compensate for the pressure? Since, you'll be overloading the stock FPR so to speak?

What about FMUs?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #122
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero
What about FMUs?
Crap...

Good enough to put in a sock and beat you with.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:51 PM   #123
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB
Crap...

Good enough to put in a sock and beat you with.
LOL, ok.. well what about my FPR question?
Old 04-25-2006, 10:16 PM   #124
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
car is messed up i have to move. this makes me sick to do it...
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...877#post982877
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:48 AM   #125
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Nnnooooo!!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #126
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchuu
car is messed up i have to move. this makes me sick to do it...
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...877#post982877
Damn, are you serious?

Whats wrong with it and why do you have to move? If you dont mind me asking...
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #127
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
copied and pasted from the for sale thread

the why on the sell:
I am quitting the millitairy and moveing on monday (may 1)
Moveing to Oregon witch lacks a shop for me to cheaply work on it
car currently barley runs and sounds like a lawnmower
i still have to pack up, move out to another place and clean up my place before monday (currently 1/2 way packed)
I don't have little if any mechanic troubleshooting skills to figure this out, i don't have the cash to pay a mechanic to do this as well as keep full coverage (have to since have loan on car), pay the car payments, pay off the loan for the swap and pay the credit card off for the swap AND buy another vehicle to drive in the mean time while this is down cause i am going to be unemployed for a couple of months while i relocate.

so current bills+mechanic bills+second car payments+moveing-my job=need a reliable vehicle.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:27 AM   #128
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Damn...sorry to hear.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #129
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

well it's oficial #5 cyl is flatlined.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:01 PM   #130
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i take it your motor is out of warranty from the importer?
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:23 AM   #131
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

well as of now the whole car is going to drift freaq to go to (syko performance) for repairs, i could just pay for the repairs and keep it......or sell it running guess it is all up to me to sell shit and raise funds to keep it or toss in the towel and call it a day on the 98RB project. will be deciding soon.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:36 AM   #132
R33GTS-T
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R33GTS-T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
personally i think you have so much time and money invested into this project it would be a damn shame to turn around and sell it....especially if you get it fixed up and running

there's nothing like the sound of an RB25DET

i'll never own another S chassis car w/o and RB in it.....hell even my girl is planning to build an RB25 powered zenki s14 during this coming off season
Old 04-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #133
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Keep it! I'm sure Dave will give you a good/fair deal!
Old 04-28-2006, 01:11 PM   #134
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

dave and gary are great guys, that is why i trust them with the car adn that they are going to do an A+++ job on it. thing is my priorities ar kinda shifting and funding is tight.

and if i keep it i will have to go back down to LA from OR then drive back up to OR again with the gas price at $my left nut/gallon
Old 05-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #135
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

OK car is running fine and has a new longblock in it. altho i am not going to be around to see it, it is going to be sold here soon. this is the end of the RB swap for me. swap was a complete sucess, reliability was a complete failure for me. obviously this isn't the normal as henery and alot of people have perfectly running RB cars that give no problem, but if anyne attempt to do this in the future, i would suggest haveing 2x the needed funds for misc items that don't work, but top of the line shit the first time, and be prepared to buy a new engine or completely go through it the first time.

i learned the lessons everything expensive way. but now with the new motor, a qualified mechanic is going over it, and i will be running fine, and i will never have to see that car ever again. and after all the work and money i put into it i have to say that might be a good thing.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #136
slavetothemuzic
Leaky Injector

slavetothemuzic has a spectacular aura aboutslavetothemuzic has a spectacular aura aboutslavetothemuzic has a spectacular aura aboutslavetothemuzic has a spectacular aura aboutslavetothemuzic has a spectacular aura aboutslavetothemuzic has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to slavetothemuzic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchuu View Post
am getting about 200miles to the tank (12-14MPG) I have heard that it should get alot better than that
You should definitely be getting better mileage than that. I get higher than that in the city, and mid 20s on the highway. I do recall that running a couple bottles of injector cleaner through not long after the swap helped with my mileage and a minor cold start issue I was having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchuu View Post
oh and that low speeds thing, at under about 8or so MPH in 1st, and at the low ends of every gear it is a bit jerky, kind of like the clutch is engageing and disengaugeing but i don't think that is the case since as soon as i give it gas it takes off with the quickness. once i get above parkinglot cruising speeds it wants to go like it's cool.
Not sure about the jerkyness. Mine is completely smooth unless it's my fault. I have an Exedy clutch and it's pretty grabby.
slavetothemuzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #137
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavetothemuzic View Post
You should definitely be getting better mileage than that. I get higher than that in the city, and mid 20s on the highway. I do recall that running a couple bottles of injector cleaner through not long after the swap helped with my mileage and a minor cold start issue I was having.

Not sure about the jerkyness. Mine is completely smooth unless it's my fault. I have an Exedy clutch and it's pretty grabby.

well that car went away, but thing is i am putting two more RBs in my new kouki, and a friends S13 here in the next month (most likely)

so i guess i could tack on some more info th this thread, that or make a new one, maby that would be best.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:08 PM   #138
zerooath
98 Kouki Slicktop. Tip Dealer!

zerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zerooath
can you post pics of this car with the swap done?

and where in the world did you get your wiring done?
zerooath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:26 AM   #139
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerooath View Post
can you post pics of this car with the swap done?

and where in the world did you get your wiring done?
read every page of this post. all the answers are within.

and jsut for fun the new prepped RB goodness

Old 05-12-2007, 12:45 AM   #140
moonshinekouki
Zilvia Junkie

moonshinekouki is an unknown quantity at this point
how about ur tach how did u get them to read accuceatly teh revs and speedo?
thanks
mikey
Old 05-19-2007, 09:51 AM   #141
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshinekouki View Post
how about ur tach how did u get them to read accuceatly teh revs and speedo?
thanks
mikey
speedo read fine, the tach needed to be recal. you can adjust it with a screw on the back of the S14 gauge, but you have to have something to adjust it to to make sure it is 100% acurate
Old 05-27-2007, 01:43 AM   #142
nissanguy13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
nissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
did you figure out what the hell that big metal chunk on your firewall was? I saw one of the earlier posts on this thread, you must of been talking about my bad ass sr?
nissanguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:18 PM   #143
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

maby......

here are some pics of the new swap..

Old 05-29-2007, 02:46 AM   #144
nissanguy13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
nissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hopefully one of these days well be in the same area so I can see this damn project. Since you took off with the other one before I got back
nissanguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #145
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

woot woot for the smaller intercooler

Old 05-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #146
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
ahh brings back memories doesnt it?
although it might be some rather bad ones, but still memories haha
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #147
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
git-r-done
msglnghtstfundai
Old 06-15-2007, 12:50 AM   #148
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

all front wiring done and tucked away. most of the piping of the intercooler finished. take a look:

and my 7MGTE sitting around:
Old 06-15-2007, 04:49 AM   #149
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
you really do like those expensive ass radiator hoses dont you? haha
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #150
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki_s14 View Post
you really do like those expensive ass radiator hoses dont you? haha

not really, but i have read other ways to do it,but all of them involve splicing hoses, and i still want to see it work in person.

and that one was only about $40 + 2 min to install.

by the way, that intake is a beat up POS that came with my clip, i have one for it floating around somewhere buried in the garage that is new.