Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #121
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC View Post
Farzam, Do you have any knowledge on toyota's?

Yes or No... or pm...

THX

90% of the cars i've owned have been Nissans/Toyotas/Hondas(lol).

So yeah probably have knowledge to affect you.

Try me...but if I can't answer, don't expect me to.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:26 PM   #122
Ghostdrifter
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Ghostdrifter is making a name for him/her selfGhostdrifter is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm trying to decide on an LSD. My car is setup for drifting, but I also do road racing w/ it. The two LSD's I am looking at are the Tomei Techni Trax or the Nismo GT LSD Pro.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #123
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Ask from people who owned em...see what they say.

I think Dousan has had a wide array of LSD's.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:34 PM   #124
devonkyle77
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
devonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to devonkyle77
farzam, how do you suggest i come up with the last grand i need for s14 sr motorset? i can only work 15 hours a week or so since my two surgeries in the past 5 weeks. do not see it picking up any time soon. thats only enough hours to scrape by paying my bills.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #125
Farzam
Post Whore!

This thread is NOT for this kind of question, but you're premie.

Sell some shit you got.

Sell parts off your car you don't need.

Try and get a loan.

Your wheels/exhaust would get you some money, steelies and open exhaust is worth it.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #126
devonkyle77
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
devonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to devonkyle77
haha
yeah i know bro, thanks for the info though...off to the for sale thread
Old 05-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #127
Farzam
Post Whore!

That's my boy.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #128
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey farzam just read your wole thread, good job on for that
and I got a question about intercooler piping, you said earlier in this thread that the length of the piping didn't affect but wouldn't shorter intercooler piping mean less lag.
I mean, doesn't the blow off valve release the pressure from the system when you release the throttle. So if thats right, then having shorter piping should mean less area to build the pressure in, so less time to build the pressure.
What do you think ???
Old 05-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #129
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
90% of the cars i've owned have been Nissans/Toyotas/Hondas(lol).

So yeah probably have knowledge to affect you.

Try me...but if I can't answer, don't expect me to.
Why are there no wastegated manifolds available for a 1JZ VVTi motor?

Is it true that for large power (400whp+) that one should covert to external of is internal still "ok" (referring to first question).

What is the best route to disable to ETCS? Power House Amuse controller or a different route?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:00 PM   #130
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe_drifter View Post
Hey farzam just read your wole thread, good job on for that
and I got a question about intercooler piping, you said earlier in this thread that the length of the piping didn't affect but wouldn't shorter intercooler piping mean less lag.
I mean, doesn't the blow off valve release the pressure from the system when you release the throttle. So if thats right, then having shorter piping should mean less area to build the pressure in, so less time to build the pressure.
What do you think ???
I think you're worrying too much...hahahah.

Doesn't really matter.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:02 PM   #131
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC View Post
Why are there no wastegated manifolds available for a 1JZ VVTi motor?

Is it true that for large power (400whp+) that one should covert to external of is internal still "ok" (referring to first question).

What is the best route to disable to ETCS? Power House Amuse controller or a different route?
Cause it'd be stupid on a 1jz...

external wastegates are awesome.

Internal is for sissyboys.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #132
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
I have a real bad valve tick at idle. Doesnt go away with throttle either. What would you suggest?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:07 PM   #133
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by '90RPS13 View Post
I have a real bad valve tick at idle. Doesnt go away with throttle either. What would you suggest?
Got enough oil man?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #134
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, plenty. Dipstick is right on point.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:57 PM   #135
Farzam
Post Whore!

You just got a new head, right?

How's the breaking in going?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:21 AM   #136
breakindrifts
Zilvia FREAK!

breakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nice
How can I cure my understeer problems that I encounter at any speed above ~50mph? (for drift)
Clutch-kicks, weight shifting, nothing seems to work except running extremely bald tires in the back.
This is on an S13: ka24e, coilovers, locked diff.

Also:
Is this thread limited to automotive related questions?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #137
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakindrifts View Post
How can I cure my understeer problems that I encounter at any speed above ~50mph? (for drift)
Clutch-kicks, weight shifting, nothing seems to work except running extremely bald tires in the back.

Also:
Yes it is for automotive related questions, being n "Tech Talk," and I have taken the initiative to begin deleting non-automotive and smart-assed questions.

And I write too!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:18 AM   #138
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakindrifts View Post

Also:

Technique...new car...more powerrrrr...change suspension settings.

Do you just have coilovers as far as suspension mods?

Go get a tuner shop to give you an alignment, it's hard to come by a place that'll do it and do it correctly for that matter, but if I can find a place here in Raleigh, you can probably find it anywhere.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #139
lmananT

lmananT is making a name for him/her selflmananT is making a name for him/her self
s13

what's a good way to check to be sure which line is leaking fuel or should i just replace all of it? I hear a single knock sound when i brake what could it be?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #140
'90RPS13
BANNED

Well its not a new head. It has 120~k on it. I am thinking maybe the valves could use adjustment. Also, I dont seem to have all power until, lets say, 3,500rpm. It kinda bogs til then.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #141
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by '90RPS13 View Post
Well its not a new head. It has 120~k on it. I am thinking maybe the valves could use adjustment. Also, I dont seem to have all power until, lets say, 3,500rpm. It kinda bogs til then.

Adjust valves to spec.

That's what it was on my Integra.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #142
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmananT View Post
what's a good way to check to be sure which line is leaking fuel or should i just replace all of it? I hear a single knock sound when i brake what could it be?
I don't understand your post very well, be more descriptive...

Usually if i'm replacing any sort of line or part I replace all of that set.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #143
s14xman
Zilvia FREAK!

s14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to s14xman
sounds dumb, but on a 96 ka what is the best way to get to the knock sensor to replace it. I try and work on it about once a week or so but my hand can't fit between the manifold, and those flexible extensions dont work to good.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #144
Mlogue84
Zilvia Junkie

Mlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Mlogue84
Please help

Blindly, I bought a HKS wastegate actuator under the advice of this guy at a local perormance shop. He covinced me that this was the source of my problems. What was happening was.... I bought a boost controller (an old greddy profec) and hooked it up and saw no increase in boost. So we put a tee in the vac line (and took the controller out) from the actuator to the ic line and saw a slight increase. So i bought a performance HKS wastegate actuator.... to my suprise, this didn't fix anything!(even with the boost controller). WTF! I'm running in the 5.5-7psi range. So is it my turbo? If so, Can i use the HKS wastegate actuator with an S15 turbo?

Any advice will help...
ps. I am using all the stock sr ic stuff.

Thanks, Mark
Old 05-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #145
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Can I get high pressure powersteering hoses anywhere?
I'm on my third one and it started spraying ps fluid all over the engine bay just like the previous two.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:13 PM   #146
harleys
Zilvia Member

harleys is an unknown quantity at this point
Why is it that on my S13 coupe, my tail lights/dash lights/ding when door is open(letting you know the lights are on) only work when the headlights are on high beam? Also, headlights go up but not down. I can manually screw them down, and they come back up fine by using the headlight switch or the little button on the dash. Could the problems be related? I've checked all fuses/relays for headlight motors and changed out the button on the dash from one of my other cars. Thanks, Harley
Old 05-04-2007, 01:17 AM   #147
Jon Michael
Zilvia Member

Jon Michael is making a name for him/her selfJon Michael is making a name for him/her self
Nice to hear you're feeling better now, Farzam (at least, I think you are...?).

Do Chiltons manuals have colour coding diagrams for wiring? Also, have you ever heard of a Bently manual (NOT the car), wondering if that has better information than a Chiltons?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:36 AM   #148
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
farzam

should i
a. keep my stagea, buy some more stuff and more stuff or
b. sell it for 10,000 pay off a 3,000 loan, and buy another s chassis, make another sileighty, and make it baller?

im not sure what to do
Old 05-04-2007, 03:38 AM   #149
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlogue84 View Post
Blindly, I bought a HKS wastegate actuator under the advice of this guy at a local perormance shop. He covinced me that this was the source of my problems. What was happening was.... I bought a boost controller (an old greddy profec) and hooked it up and saw no increase in boost. So we put a tee in the vac line (and took the controller out) from the actuator to the ic line and saw a slight increase. So i bought a performance HKS wastegate actuator.... to my suprise, this didn't fix anything!(even with the boost controller). WTF! I'm running in the 5.5-7psi range. So is it my turbo? If so, Can i use the HKS wastegate actuator with an S15 turbo?

Any advice will help...
ps. I am using all the stock sr ic stuff.

Thanks, Mark
yes it will work just fine
shorten the wastegate, connect it straight from the wastegate tot he turbo (or if there isnt a nipple on teh turbo i cant remember straight to the IC pipe)
Old 05-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #150
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
what size is the diff bushings (ones in front) in a Z32/S14?
Closed Thread