Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #1
Cisco357
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
Cisco357 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Zilvia SCAMMER

Hello zilvia just want to give everyone a heads up on a scumm bag I've recently had to deal with. So a quick summary of what happened, I recently blew my head gasket and decided to just go ahead and build my internals while I was at it. so after I bought most of the things I needed I was getting low on funds so I decided to try the want to buy section a try and post some of the last little things that I was going to need. I was contacted by a Christopher McDonough. He let me know that he had some brand new ARP headbolts that he would ship me for 125 which would have saved me about 40 bucks so I said alright bro why not. My paypal account started acting up and made me wait two days before allowing me to link my new bank account, the guy was supper chill about it and said he would hold them for me. On the second day he told me he had an Apexi power FC that he would hook me up for another 275. I was like FUCK YEAH!! he said he had an s14 sr one but that someone was trading him an s13 one. So he supposedly traded the s14 one for the s13 one and shipped them to me. Well I made the mistake of gifting the money and the second I sent the money all communication was lost.... it didnt take long to realize this guy was bull shitting me. Now 400 buck in Im pretty much over budget and still no closer to getting my car back on the road..... Luckily my bank was able to stop the second transaction of 275 so that scum bag wont be enjoying my hard earned money.... paypal is currently investigating and may or may not refund me depending on his response. plan b is to have my bank try to refund me after paypal makes a determination. His alleged Zilvia name is boostedjay and after keeping an eye on his account he has had no posts for a couple of years but has almost daily activity which leads me to believe this piece of crap may be doing this to others. so if you get a text from 9014101354 dont even reply.. I dont mind putting his number on blast either if he thinks he can make a living robbing people than he deserves no privacy!
Cisco357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
wurley
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
wurley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I'll make cliffs for you:

-posted a wtb ad
- guy replied with parts for descent price
- after gifting him the funds he went no contact

- watch out for "boostedjay"
- he uses the number 9014101354
- Try to stay way from gifting funds over paypal
wurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 04:11 PM   #3
Cisco357
Zilvia Member

If something is too good to be true it probably is... in the end its my mistake for gifting money though.. not everyone is as honest as we would like them to be right?
Old 04-12-2015, 04:18 PM   #4
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Looks like he's trying to scam some other people too
http://honda-tech.com/general-discus...inman-3244652/

http://www.rx7club.com/bad-fugly-mem...o-com-1081759/
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 04:32 PM   #5
Cisco357
Zilvia Member

yeah same guy. He said the same bull crap to me and even mentioned a the whole I get sweet discounts on shipping where I work. So irritating but realistically there isnt anything I could do to find this guy. All I could do is warn others and share my mistake.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #6
wurley
Zilvia Junkie

wurley is an unknown quantity at this point
If you get the 275 back you won't be out too much. Getting scammed for anything sucks though, been there, done that. Could have been a lot more money. I got scammed for 400 and some change, and it was in person too. All good, a couple years later I just see it as a good lesson.

Best of luck
wurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:16 PM   #7
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
275 bucks for power fc?! HAHAHAHAHA! I cant believe you actually thought someone was going to sell you a standalone for that price!
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:24 PM   #8
NISSeAN

NISSeAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
275 bucks for power fc?! HAHAHAHAHA! I cant believe you actually thought someone was going to sell you a standalone for that price!
Only 5 hours and 19 minutes before a wild douche appears!
NISSeAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:29 PM   #9
Cisco357
Zilvia Member

It was an honest mistake bro just trying to let the community know. Thinking of it now though ahahahaha you're right. Hey guess we live and learn right?
Old 04-12-2015, 09:36 PM   #10
NISSeAN

NISSeAN is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been there bro. They say "when it's too good to be true it probably is" but shit is still tempting. I emailed the guy with a trolled out message. Can't stand that shit.
NISSeAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:38 PM   #11
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Okay, this seems to be popping up with increasing regularity and I cant for the life of me understand what is going on with you people. So Here's a quick PSA...

DO NOT GIFT MONEY TO STRANGERS ONLINE! EVER!!!

This is CYA:101 kids. If someone is so concerned about fees that they request you gift them the money, instead offer to cover the cost of the paypal fees. That way when Johnny-no-rep flakes on you, you can get Paypal to reverse the funds. zbarsuglia did it right as you can read here, and good on you for bringing the info to light in an effort to burn a thief and keep other would-be victims in the light, but the correct place to do that is here. Sucks that you got shafted, but hopefully you'll use a little common sense when dealing with anonymous strangers via the web from now on.

Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #12
BoostedJay
Zilvia Member

BoostedJay is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi! Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know.. Whoever said it was me, was not me. Sorry for your loss OP but I don't own a 240, nor have I in a couple of years. However, my number is posted all over the forum in my FS threads, you could have looked that up OR PM'd me before you sent the money for the item. This isn't the first time this has happened on Zilvia to me or other people.. Even better.. If the guys name was Christopher McDonough, where in the ever living FUCK does "boostedjay" come from?!

You got outsmarted for sure, and I hate to say that. Unless I post it up for sale, or on my instagram (l0rdjay_) it's not me. Hell, I haven't even posted much for sale on the forums lately with so many Facebook groups out now. Also, wurley don't watch out for me. He said he got texted and the person "allegedly" used my name. Next time before you buy a part off a text, send a PM or do a quick search, it's not hard at all. I do log on regularly as I check Zilvia for wheels on the regular, because this is one of the best sites for good deals on wheels. So yes, I check here and Stanceworks everyday. Especially here lately because I've been in the market for wheels for my S4.. The Germans blessed us 5x112 folks with wobble bolts to rock 5x114 wheels

Good day gents.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:08 PM   #13
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Lol I didn't even gift Jesse Streeter after he offered on a 4k+ purchase to avoid paypal fees. I have every reason to trust Streeter to. It's just basic principles.