Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #91
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
That would also be wrong. But you've made it clear long ago that you don't know much about cars.

On top of that I never mentioned that Ford did it wrong so why were you bringing that up again? Just slinging shit and hope that something sticks?
2...top 10...tomato tomato. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Cars? PSCHTTTT. I don't know much about much. All my info is verified from Wikipedia. If they wrote it, I'll repeat it.

That gif stuck. That's a win in my book.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:42 PM   #92
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Other dude is right. There is one. It's asian too:

*Hyundai Gen Coupe IMG*

EDIT: Untill 2014 anyways... Booo
Yeah, they dropped the turbo model, so the NA is all you get. Good luck drawing any real power out of it.

New Mustang still stands alone!
Old 01-21-2016, 01:42 PM   #93
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
Well now that you're here can you lock this? Don't know why we need two threads of all the same text posts and opinionated arguing. We have one already and it serves it's purpose just fine.

Honestly I've been debating locking it since it started, but since people are discussing it and it managed to reach 2 (my pages are 90 posts long) I've decided to leave it for the time being.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:10 PM   #94
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
I don't know of anyone that bought a NEW S-chassis in the 90's that still has it to this day.
I do. Single owner, bought and serviced solely by the dealership with exception to me working on it.

As for my car, I am the second owner and purchased it in the mid 90s.

These people exist, just not on Zilvia.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:12 PM   #95
s14slowmofo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
s14slowmofo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
Except for the fact that this is basically a copy and paste from the future rwd coupes thread which was started because people were all giving their opinion on the same exact thing.

Hate to break it to you but this isn't creative or groundbreaking change within the forum. This is is a thread with a worse title and all the same posts.

Let it die.
clearly its your opinion as I'm not here to change it but this thread is specifically for nissan as oppose to anything else. if people are speaking in comparison to other vehicle it is an added option .As you impose your own judgement you are wasting your time leave it be if you have obviously read comments then this thread has done its job to intrigue educate and inspire
s14slowmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #96
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14slowmofo View Post
this thread has done its job to intrigue educate and inspire
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:36 PM   #97
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Other dude is right. There is one. It's asian too:
Just because something is also Asian doesn't mean it as good as Japan. I don't think all those other third world countries like Korea and China are close to Japan standards

That's is like saying that stuff made in Mexico is as good as stuff made in the USA because they are on the same continent, so are technically both "american".

Or that stuff made in France is the same as stuff made in Germany because they are both European.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #98
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
China is not a third world country. And "made in the USA" has a different meaning than it did 20 years ago, as Im sure it then had a different meaning than 40 years ago. I've lost a lot of hope in stuff made in this country. I feel like our quality control has gone down significantly and our working ethic has been lost. Everything from a simple burger, to a damn car.
Meanwhile, across seas and borders, practicing is making perfect.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:32 PM   #99
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
China is not a third world country.
lol

when they stop being a bunch of neo-communists who repress there own people and destroy their own environment I'll believe you hahaha

China isn't going to be up to Japan quality standards anytime soon and that's a fact. They are quite literally the most inefficient and inept nation ever. Until they stop promoting a soul-crushing confucian status quo they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Japan has accomplished more and makes better products, because they were willing to become more westernized. I've talked with many consultants who work with China and they'll tell you the same. Thats not to say they don't get stuff done, they just get it done using 25 people for a one man job with little supervision.

I'll give an example, The net Value of GDP not the amount of GDP for 2014 were

USA:15 trillion
China: 7 trillion
Japan:6 trillion.

This is how much the countries products were actually worth in 2014. China might make a bunch of trinkets, but trinkets aren't worth much. Also to emphasize the differences, Japan is an island with no real natural resources, and a high percentage of Elderly people (pop 119 million). China has a shit ton of natural resources, and plenty of people to exploit them (1 billion+) and yet the actual value of the products they produce isn't much more than Japans.

everyone just wants to feel good around here and accept everything! it was kinda obvious by the popcorn that I was waiting to spring the argument trap mang.

Last edited by kashira kureijii; 01-21-2016 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: lolz
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:59 PM   #100
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
^yeah, I knew that would derail the conversation. I was just talking from my personal point of view. I work on all makes and models, and I dont really see much difference in quality on a new kia than in a new ford or nissan. But my opinion is only based on doing repairs on them and short test drives, so it might not be valid. One thing I can tell you thou, the materials used on dodges suck dick, worse than any other maker I've worked on.
And we dont need to hide messages. What are we 19 or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14slowmofo View Post
Very creative but I do believe we have the Nissan altima in that body styling already
That was the whole point. I like simplicity, and I dont think the body on the altima coupe looks half bad. If it could only be put on a diet, re-configure to RWD, touch up the front and rear ends, and be had for under 10k I'd be all in
here's something else I did. Just throwing ideas around and trying to use nissan's current styles
Old 01-21-2016, 10:35 PM   #101
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Have any of you from the US considered buying a new 370Z from Canada? With today's exchanged it would be ~$21k USD before tax and everything else. Seems like a good deal but there has to be a catch.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:05 AM   #102
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
^yeah, I knew that would derail the conversation. I was just talking from my personal point of view. I work on all makes and models, and I dont really see much difference in quality on a new kia than in a new ford or nissan. But my opinion is only based on doing repairs on them and short test drives, so it might not be valid. One thing I can tell you thou, the materials used on dodges suck dick, worse than any other maker I've worked on.

That was the whole point. I like simplicity, and I dont think the body on the altima coupe looks half bad. If it could only be put on a diet, re-configure to RWD, touch up the front and rear ends, and be had for under 10k I'd be all in
here's something else I did. Just throwing ideas around and trying to use nissan's current styles
mustang ???
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:39 AM   #103
mhubeny180sx
BANNED

mhubeny180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
mustang ???
thats what i thought too lol mustang + maxima
mhubeny180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:04 AM   #104
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Well at least we can all agree that it's a good thing feito isn't a car designer.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:11 AM   #105
s14slowmofo
Leaky Injector

Quote:

that's pretty nice although price's typically wouldn't start at that, as Nissan couldn't mass produce for that price although its a great idea none the less and a great drawing

Last edited by s14slowmofo; 01-22-2016 at 10:47 AM..
Old 01-22-2016, 08:14 AM   #106
s14slowmofo
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
Well at least we can all agree that it's a good thing feito isn't a car designer.
if you think you can do a better impression than what he has done show it
creative idea's have always started from a paper and a pencil
Old 01-22-2016, 12:33 PM   #107
feito
Nissanaholic!

lol, of course I was just kidding with the price.
And I can't say I like either of my drawings. What Im doing is trying to get the ball rolling, get the flow going. We might just come out with a nice design/idea, even if it's just for shits and giggles. We already know what we want and can expect mechanically. Dimensions and interior and exterior design is the main concern IMO.
Also, yes, headlights and some of the body lines are very similar to other nissans because Im trying to be realistic. That's what they do. Similar styles with different dimensions and positions. At least that what I see.
I will keep playing around and see what abomination I come out with next xD
Old 01-22-2016, 12:42 PM   #108
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #109
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
I wonder if the 'realistic car drawings' guy could come up with something?
Old 01-22-2016, 01:34 PM   #110
s14slowmofo
Leaky Injector

[QUOTE=feito;6007767]lol, of course I was just kidding with the price.
And I can't say I like either of my drawings. What Im doing is trying to get the ball rolling, get the flow going. We might just come out with a nice design/idea, even if it's just for shits and giggles. We already know what we want and can expect mechanically. Dimensions and interior and exterior design is the main concern IMO.
Also, yes, headlights and some of the body lines are very similar to other nissans because Im trying to be realistic. That's what they do. Similar styles with different dimensions and positions. At least that what I see.
I will keep playing around and see what abomination I come out with next xD[/QUOTE

exactly what this thread is about
Old 01-22-2016, 01:54 PM   #111
s14slowmofo
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
very futuristic always great seeing people chime in with great ideas
Old 01-22-2016, 09:29 PM   #112
feito
Nissanaholic!

A simpler version of.. You already know
Old 01-22-2016, 10:12 PM   #113
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
Have any of you from the US considered buying a new 370Z from Canada? With today's exchanged it would be ~$21k USD before tax and everything else. Seems like a good deal but there has to be a catch.
Does the 25 year rule apply to Canadian market vehicles?
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:35 AM   #114
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
A simpler version of.. You already know
I'd rock that.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:17 AM   #115
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
Does the 25 year rule apply to Canadian market vehicles?
I don't know the exact number, but I think that it's less than 25. It might be 15 or something.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:23 AM   #116
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
whats with these sketches, reminds me of kids in class who used to draw cars

get a job, you bum
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:19 PM   #117
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
He's just trying to get the ball rolling, dude.

You know, in case Nissan execs decide to ignore their staffed design team and instead come browsing through internet forums for concept ideas.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:20 PM   #118
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
He's just trying to get the ball rolling, dude.

You know, in case Nissan execs decide to ignore their staffed design team and instead come browsing through internet forums for concept ideas.
You never know man.... you never know....lol
Old 01-23-2016, 03:29 PM   #119
feito
Nissanaholic!

lol, well i actually like to draw, i had forgotten how much I like it. This is all for fun and those are all 10 minutes sketches, so no biggie. I guess I though more people would show their ideas of what a future s-chassis might look like on paper. Guess I also forgot this is zilvia haha
Old 01-23-2016, 04:35 PM   #120
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I would... But I can't draw to save my life....lol

But who knows, some baller on here might show a 3D rendering or some shyt of what they think it might look like.