Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Definitive GT-R brake answers?

I've been digging around FA and Zilvia for info on Skyline GT-R Brembo brake systems. I am speaking as an S14 owner.

The R32 GT-R V-Spec, R33 GT-R, R34 GT-R, G35 Sport and 350Z Track all come with Brembos.

What I've found:

-All the setups use a 324x30mm brake rotor.

-R34 GT-R, 350Z Track and G35 Sport are identical. Calipers, rotors, and all hardware. The fronts will fit if you enlarge the mounting holes; the rears require custom brackets and work.

-The R33 is the same pad/rotor as above; the caliper, however, has the proper holes for mounting on an S-chassis. Front and rear calipers are a direct fit.

-One GTR owner I'm talking to says the rotors for the R32 V-Spec setup are different, but can't pin down how. He is unsure. Pads fit, and I'm assuming the caliper is the same.

What I need:
-What brake lines do I use? Presumably I just need 300ZX conversion lines to get a standard fitting instead of the "banjo" type that the 240sx stock brakes use.

-What e-brake assembly do I use? Can I use a 300ZX drum (aren't they all the same as the skyline ones?)?

-Are R32 GT-R Vspec rears the same as R33 GTR rear calipers? In other words, do they bolt right up as well?

-For the rear Z32 ebrake, S14 owners use R33 GT-S (non GTR) lines (or Yanack ones, which are the same thing). For S13, use modded Z32 lines. If I need a skyline e-brake assembly, do I (s14) still use the R33 lines?
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links