Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-19-2007, 08:37 AM   #601
jamlanta
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
jamlanta is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've been a member on this site for about a year or so, I come on, read, learn what I can learn and move on. I never respond to project threads, builds or what not. BUT, I had to respond to this build. I've been following this thread for a while and I am always amazed at all the work that you have put into the car, and not to mention your skills! This car needs to be featured in a magazine because this build is beyond amazing! It's a true garage build that is on the level of a top notch shop! I know that you are in school at UNM, what is your major? I hope that you have plans on opening up a shop...all your skills cant go to waste.
jamlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #602
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
Wow.

Looks simply amazing.

Can't wait to see it with the exterior all put together.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #603
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
really love how this is coming together man...super impressed.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #604
JDMwannaBE
Zilvia Junkie

JDMwannaBE is on a distinguished road
ive bee waiting for the pics of the paint for days. man this thing looks amazing, i plan to see it in a magazine very soon. you can come build my S14 whenever you get done....lol. what happened to the gram lights? are the new ones WORK?
Old 11-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #605
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Sweet.

The car is coming around nicely.
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:51 PM   #606
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
Love they gray !! looks really nice !!

Not a huge fan of the black top on S14s but its well done !

Can't wait to see unmasked pics
Old 11-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #607
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
dig the color choice

wondering how the blacktop is gonna look though
Old 11-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #608
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nice fender work and paint
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #609
Subzeroqc
Leaky Injector

Subzeroqc will become famous soon enoughSubzeroqc will become famous soon enoughSubzeroqc will become famous soon enough
moar piczzzzzzzzzzz
Subzeroqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #610
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Wow! Lots of response to this update!! Thanks everyone! Ill try to answer those who asked questions/commented on specific things:

Dousan, Edgar...thanks guys! Pics soon, hold tight!!

Goldeneye9mm...Haha yeah Im pretty shifty on my plans but I think about a billion different things on the car every day and im trying to keep in unique so I decided Zenki was a must! I didnt reorder a whole kit, but I do need a new front bumper, yes! Thanks for looking and reading!

jamlanta...at UNM im getting my BS in Mechanical Engineering, only two classes left this spring and Im all done! Id love to open a shop but we will see, Albuquerque isnt the largest of car scenes yet!

JDMWannaBEE...I sold off the 57Maximums since they were a little small, diameter-wise once i saw it with the kit on and all...so I got a different set of gram lights, the 57optimise in 18x9.5, these new wheels have better offsets too, even though I will be running some spacers haha!

wannabe_drifter, JRas...I was iffy on the black roof too but I think it will be awesome!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:12 PM   #611
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
damn that is one SICK build... but im sure you've heard that before.

I'd like to see some pics of the dash when you get it done. I have an s13, so obviously the dash is cracked. Im thinkin bout filler and fiberglass too, i have an extra. Just seein how the finished product would look.

keep up the excelent work, homes!
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:13 PM   #612
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Thanks guys...yeah if anyone wants to come check it out, holla at me!! Oh, and this might be of interest...got it today in the mail..woo woo!!

Its a Holset HX35W, with a 12cm turbine housing...should spool awesome make loads of power and destroy noobs all over the place. The price is unbeatable and they are super reliable and last FOREVER. Not many people have heard of Holset, but I intend to change this haha! A friend turned me on to them...they are different technology than Garrett which makes them perform as well as BB Garretts even with a larger turbine wheel. We will see just how good it is, but I have yet to see many Nissan folks runnin em. The features it has are also awesome given the price. 4" inlet, 2.5" vband compressor outlet, 3" vband turbine outlet, divided t3 inlet, all sorts of goodies! Ill be building a manifold for this beast soon...here it is...see corona bottle for size comparo!

Great googley-moogley

The bottle in the comp. inlet haha

My handzor

Ill have pics of the car up later this week when I unmask it!!

Last edited by Gavster; 11-19-2007 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: noobing hard!
Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:26 PM   #613
blackflag_Rms13
Zilvia FREAK!

blackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really nice
Shit's fuckin' ill dude. Looks great.
blackflag_Rms13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:46 PM   #614
slos14
Leaky Injector

slos14 will become famous soon enoughslos14 will become famous soon enoughslos14 will become famous soon enoughslos14 will become famous soon enoughslos14 will become famous soon enough
wow this build is nuts . you are one bad mofo . are you a body man/metal worker ? keep up the good work .
Old 11-20-2007, 01:22 AM   #615
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
doesnt holset supply the turbo's to the cummings desiels? (im not sure..)
Old 11-20-2007, 06:16 AM   #616
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
doesnt holset supply the turbo's to the cummings desiels? (im not sure..)
They sure do....thats how you can get them so cheap! I forgot to mention in my post Ill be stripping the compressor housing (they come painted like that from holset) and maybe getting the hotside coated or a turbine blanket....should be sweet!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:18 AM   #617
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Oh yeah! Nice to see a lil mini update from the Gav-man himself!
Patiently awaiting for more car stuffs bro
You know I will have another million questions for you, hahaha

-Your #1 Fan RUIZ
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:31 AM   #618
JDMwannaBE
Zilvia Junkie

JDMwannaBE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
Thanks guys...yeah if anyone wants to come check it out, holla at me!! Oh, and this might be of interest...got it today in the mail..woo woo!!

Its a Holset HX35W, with a 12cm turbine housing...should spool awesome make loads of power and destroy noobs all over the place. The price is unbeatable and they are super reliable and last FOREVER. Not many people have heard of Holset, but I intend to change this haha! A friend turned me on to them...they are different technology than Garrett which makes them perform as well as BB Garretts even with a larger turbine wheel. We will see just how good it is, but I have yet to see many Nissan folks runnin em. The features it has are also awesome given the price. 4" inlet, 2.5" vband compressor outlet, 3" vband turbine outlet, divided t3 inlet, all sorts of goodies! Ill be building a manifold for this beast soon...here it is...see corona bottle for size comparo!

Great googley-moogley

The bottle in the comp. inlet haha

My handzor

Ill have pics of the car up later this week when I unmask it!!
i have a friend who used one of these from a cummins, on an built integra. it made crazy power, and he beat the crap out of it and it still held up!!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:36 AM   #619
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Yea, I've heard of Holset, I would be stoked for one if I could get one small enough to spool quickly on a CA

But I have a 16g GT for that, hopefully that will be sweet

+1 for random turbos, hahahaha.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:36 AM   #620
CylonFrakker
Zilvia Addict

CylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to CylonFrakker
HOLSET! FTW. Its a great turbo! Big diesel turbos are awesome

UGR.....SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES....
CylonFrakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:44 AM   #621
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Here's a pic of a friend of mine running a huge holset on his SR:
Old 11-20-2007, 08:27 AM   #622
tad_07

tad_07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
They sure do....thats how you can get them so cheap! I forgot to mention in my post Ill be stripping the compressor housing (they come painted like that from holset) and maybe getting the hotside coated or a turbine blanket....should be sweet!
A lot of us KA-T guys are running holsets now, I have a H1C the has never been used for 350shipped. When you think about it these turbos are made to run at 35-40 psi all day on a diesel, so run 10-20psi on either a sr or ka is nothing. I know a guy with only a custom intake mani, ssac exhaust mani, and H1C like me-@16psi he had 450whp
tad_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #623
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Color looks awesome man and great google moogle! That's a big ass turbo!

Isnt Holset known for their turbo diesel truck applications?? I swear the name sounds sooo familiar, and I think its because of a coworker I used to have that had one of those enormous diesel Dodge Rams with a turbo the size of a large pizza under the hood.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #624
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah holset is owned by Honeywell who is owned by or partners with CUMMINS.. a friend of mine is getting a job as Mech Engnr. at the holset factory in the carolinas.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:07 PM   #625
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Stop drinking CORONA and drink MODELO NEGRA!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #626
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

I like negra alright....have you tried Sol? Its like a better corona too...corona was all i had last night haha!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #627
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
corona light and modelo negra are fucking night and day different

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #628
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

This is also true...but being only 300 miles from mexico, I def get my influx of many mexican beers. Coronas seem pretty inconsistent with taste...which is why I say I like Sol a little more...similar taste and beer but like that all the time haha. I also like pacifico! It also might come as a shocker, but im pretty sure negra modelo and corona are the same company. But I digress....haha!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:10 PM   #629
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Ive drank every beer from Mexico to Incaland.

Drink GALLO!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:38 PM   #630
tt99ol
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
tt99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tt99ol
Quote:
Originally Posted by opponheimer View Post
Yeah holset is owned by Honeywell who is owned by or partners with CUMMINS.. a friend of mine is getting a job as Mech Engnr. at the holset factory in the carolinas.
even crazier is the fact that garrett and honeywell are the same company also, my friends dad works for honeywell and gets garrett turbos at a discount, and believe it or not most of their manufacturing has moved to mexico, mexican turbos lol
tt99ol is offline   Reply With Quote