Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
S12 Drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
S12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
FUCK the USPS!

about a month ago i shipped out a S14 service manual to a member on zilvia he contacted me about a week later wondering where the package was, i was shocked it had not arrived, i pulled up the tracking number and it never left florida

I went to the postal office and they referred me to a customer service line, keeping it short i was assigned a case worker and case number. it's been a month since the package went missing. I've always used USPS and never had a issue up until a month ago FUCK THE UNITED STATES postal office! anyway I have to wait 3 MORE! months from today for them to find the package in a holding facility in Georgia. this is complete horse shit, and to my customer yvang07, I'm sincerely sorry for this inconvenience.

This whole ordeal has been like pulling teeth. I'm going over to fedex.
S12 Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Cool story, who gives a flying fuck.

Never had a problem with USPS
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Shit, atleast you have an option not to use them. When I was stationed in Japan, I had no other choice but to use them. Needless to say, I never shipped anything without a tracking number, insurance and had that shit expedited.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Ha I have never had a prob with them till the last thing I sent. My harness needed a few things corrected and bein a mil spec harness from Jordan innovations I just sen it to him. Shipped on march 28 got there April 1 but he wasn't there so they left a slip. Never re sent it so I scheduled another delivery and still didn't send it. So he went up there to get it and they didn't wanna give it to him and had to try to find it so finally 22 days later he got it. Stil pissed about it
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
Socal_sil80
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (39)
Socal_sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
I shipped out a laptop to my uncle in a plain brown box and it got lost, my fault for not paying insurance I guess but still, their tracking system is horrible.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yea, IDK what's going on. These past months I've had three incidents with USPS. One they "misdelivered", the other they sent to the wrong facility (then lost), and another they 'delivered' only to have tracking show two days later they returned it to the sender.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
All carriers have their issue.

I worked for 8 yrs for one, I should know.

Best way to make sure your shit gets there is to have the ship to address in multiple regions on the box. Don't do it in your handwriting if its shitty, type it and print it out and tape it to the box. Also include an Invoice inside the box incase the label comes off and they need to open it in hopes there is an invoice inside (trust me this saves many people).
Old 04-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S12 Drifter View Post
I've always used USPS and never had a issue up until a month ago FUCK THE UNITED STATES postal office!
Yeah, so start your own delivery service. Im sure you will be able to get billions of packages/letters across the world in a timely manner without losing a single one.................shit happens stop being such a god damn vagina about it.
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #9
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post

Best way to make sure your shit gets there is to have the ship to address in multiple regions on the box. Don't do it in your handwriting if its shitty, type it and print it out and tape it to the box. Also include an Invoice inside the box incase the label comes off and they need to open it in hopes there is an invoice inside (trust me this saves many people).
I always have done that, except for the invoice in the box portion.
I will be doing that from now on though!
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #10
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
I always have done that, except for the invoice in the box portion.
I will be doing that from now on though!
Yeah, put the tracking # on it if possible too.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #11
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
But I thought you were supposed to express your feelings on your blog or in your diary. Not on the forums right?

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
seesquared
Leaky Injector

seesquared is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post

THIS!!!!!

I too work for a carrier service and part of my job is doing address corrections. Absolutely hand writing has caused quite a few hang ups. I have used invoices tons of times to get a package where it needs to go. Also, while we are on the subject, here are a few more tips to help make sure your package arrives safely and in a timely manner(assuming you have control over these issues)

Do not place the shipping label over where the box lid flaps meet in the middle. This causes more tracking labels and bar codes to get messed up than I can even count. More often then not the flaps will loosen up some and mess up the label/bar code/tracking number

Pack it yourself if possible. 90% of the boxes I see get damaged are because of box is incorrectly packed. putting a boost gauge in a shoe box with no packing is good way to get it crushed.

Double check your shipping information when you order something or ship something out. Even at the post office, ups store, fedex outlet, etc..... You would be surprised at how many labels dont even have a street address on them. no number. no street. haha. this is when the invoice comes in sometimes
seesquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I guess it really depends on the city and state you are in. I've sent and received multiple things through the USPS, they are usually the cheapest and quickest in my experiences.

I also just spend the extra 80 cents to have the signature required. It's worth every damn penny.

Also, there will always be difficulties in any kind of venue since it is usually someone's job. Even high rated restaurants fuck up orders, the best car part companies have part failures, and highly paid professionals make mistakes.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #14
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Lol I used to word for the PO and all the time shit would fall of the the sorting machines and underneath them and get lost for months on time.... Shit happens....
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #15
jacobs13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jacobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
FUCK THE UNITED STATES postal office!

Why did you only cap that part?
jacobs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:36 AM   #16
SharkMan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (28)
SharkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs13 View Post
FUCK THE UNITED STATES postal office!

Why did you only cap that part?
Hmmm kinda fishy... terrorist much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Front hugs or from behind hugs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan240 View Post
The Black Star Ninja is my real father...
SharkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #17
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
Usually anything not shipped in a flat rate box takes foorr-eevver!
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #18
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
They can't even run a company- what makes you think they can track packages?

Use a private company rather than those subsidized imbeciles.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #19
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
They run their company reasonably well. The problem they have is having to prefund every single employee's pension up front. No other business in the country is expected to do that. At least when congress forces them to go belly up the workers will still get their money.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #20
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I company handling millions of letters and packages with a 94% on time delivery rate is pretty damn good if you ask me.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #21
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
Haha. I got a good one.

So I bought some injectors and cams from a trustworthy seller on here. He sends them, gives me the tracking. Cool.

I check it a few days later and its in California like 20miles away at the sorting center in bell gardens. Estimated delivery is may 9th. Awesome! May 9th comes and nothing....

Check the tracking and it just got scanned in Florida! WTF!? 2 days later it departs and on its way to me. I just received it today, after it took a trip across the country. Twice!

Fail!
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #22
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
yea fuck them!!! we're gonna get em where it hurts!!! THE FEDERAL EXPRESS!!! yea burn this bitch down!!

(Southpark)
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #23
dawagarage
Premium Member

dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, my local USPS sucks as well.
i usually dont ship through them.
but ive been buying a lot of shit where the sellers use usps.
they have this medium sized flat rate box that is like under $15 shipped anywhere
stateside no matter the weight (if it fits, it ships, as one usps guy said.)

they have shipping numbers and as i track them,
the majority of them will say "attempted delivery, left notification"

on some of those days i was home all day, OR watched the mailman come and go with no package in his hand and no notification left.

i asked one of the ladies what happened and she said "he probably didnt even take it out of his vehicle because it was heavy"

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #24
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I ship out hundreds of packages a week worldwide with USPS alone. I rarely have issues.

But if you're expecting them to ship out countless packages all over the world every day and not have an issue every once in a while, you're trippin.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:47 AM   #25
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
chato de shamrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift n Drift View Post
yea fuck them!!! we're gonna get em where it hurts!!! THE FEDERAL EXPRESS!!! yea burn this bitch down!!

(Southpark)
We already got them where it hurts with the aid of technology and the internet.They're forced to lay workers off, close offices and now thinking of cutting weekend services. Wait. Now we're at a grater risk of getting fucked if we attempt to use them to ship packages over the much more pricier UPS, FedEx and DHL.
chato de shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #26
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chato de shamrock View Post
We already got them where it hurts with the aid of technology and the internet.They're forced to lay workers off, close offices and now thinking of cutting weekend services. Wait. Now we're at a grater risk of getting fucked if we attempt to use them to ship packages over the much more pricier UPS, FedEx and DHL.
Haha was just thinking that when I saw the title. Some senator/house rep/overpaid rat wants to institute a tax on emails payable by the sender in attempts to keep weekend services up and running in select cities. Of Course his hometown is one of those cities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #27
S14Dzenki

Trader Rating: (3)
S14Dzenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Use the online shipping options either in Paypal or in your USPS account. Get the shipping label printed out, slap it on the package, and when you get to the post office, make sure they scan it in. At least that way, it's on record that they actually received it.

I personally never had an issue doing it this way for the past 8 years.
S14Dzenki is offline   Reply With Quote