Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Forced Induction

Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
SusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SusanR34
Custom V Mounts

Here are some pics of our V Mount for S13 (customer car Ron J). He ran a successful year with this set up with no cooling issues. This car was able to make pass after pass, some events we even ran 2 drivers with little cool down time.

1600-3000.00 this price depends on if you want the intake, hood scoop, and how you want your piping set up. We have some really good fabricators here at the shop. These guys can do anything. If you want something custom or if you have any suggestions please let me know.

We have also prototyped S14, S15, R34, R33 and 2JZ applications. If you are interested please contact me.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #2
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I like the concept, but there it nothing protecting the setup.

Would you be able to make something to protect everything?
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #3
s13coupe805
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
s13coupe805 will become famous soon enoughs13coupe805 will become famous soon enoughs13coupe805 will become famous soon enoughs13coupe805 will become famous soon enoughs13coupe805 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bump For Susan And Adrenaline, Great Shop
s13coupe805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

SusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to all
V Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin240Wayz View Post
I like the concept, but there it nothing protecting the setup.

Would you be able to make something to protect everything?
Most V Mounts don't have a lot of protection, even stock set ups with after market bumpers (minus front core supports) dont work well, especially if you hit something dead on. (this customer is actually able to slide the radiator out of the brackets and replace it quick if needed)

On our race cars we have 2 options that work really well.

1st Option-- I don't know if you have scene the "Weld" car, we have a set up similar where the radiator and fans are relocated to the trunk area.

pics - Once again this is not our work, (this is an amazing car, I just scene it for the first time last week at Sema)

2nd Option--We have a couple of guys that have support bars connected to the cage that wrap around the front of the car to protect the radiator. (We tried to make a support system without connection or reinforcing with the body cage, but the front engine framing is not strong enough)

The only downfall with these 2 options is the cost, they require alot of custom fabrication, which can get expensive.

I am willing to give an awesome deal to anyone competing next year on any set up!!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
I agree with Carlos about the protection thing.

Meaning that it sits out front so much that if someone was to dirt drop the radiator would be done for. Most V-mounts are set up further back towards the engine.

Also a typical V-mount set-up that I've always seen are a exact V meaning that the intercooler core and the radiator are touching creating a V shape almost, therefore trapping the incoming air and forcing it to go up towards the intercooler. There seems to be a significant gap in between your set up. Do you guys do that on purpose?

Just some questions I had.

Your set up looks clean, just not the norm that I've seen that's all.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #6
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

Intercooler Relocation

We also can relocate the intercooler behind the front support. This works really well but does not provide as much cooling as the V Mounts.

We have been doing this set up for years! I happened to notice a few cars we drive/compete against at Sema that started doing this also, LOL!

I had all of the intercooler piping welded together on these 2 cars, these guys never have to worry about blowing a coupler or boost leaks.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #7
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanR34 View Post
We also can relocate the intercooler behind the front support. This works really well but does not provide as much cooling as the V Mounts.

We have been doing this set up for years! I happened to notice a few cars we drive/compete against at Sema that started doing this also, LOL!

I had all of the intercooler piping welded together on these 2 cars, these guys never have to worry about blowing a coupler or boost leaks.
I love this setup.

I think the community would prefer this one when considering cost and protection.

Full-race has a setup like this available for sale.
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
Cloud9
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Cloud9 is making a name for him/her selfCloud9 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
I love this setup.

I think the community would prefer this one when considering cost and protection.

i agree, I would like to know a price for that set up?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #9
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
The mid mount is more of a interest to me than v mount.

Not as expensive to do and still protects and hides the intercooler.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
AznDrftr.
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
^yea pretty nice set up, would help a lot incase of hittin things as well.
AznDrftr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #11
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

V Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
I agree with Carlos about the protection thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post

Meaning that it sits out front so much that if someone was to dirt drop the radiator would be done for. Most V-mounts are set up further back towards the engine.

Also a typical V-mount set-up that I've always seen are a exact V meaning that the intercooler core and the radiator are touching creating a V shape almost, therefore trapping the incoming air and forcing it to go up towards the intercooler. There seems to be a significant gap in between your set up. Do you guys do that on purpose?

Just some questions I had.

Your set up looks clean, just not the norm that I've seen that's all.

Thanks for the props, its nice to get feed back from guys who understand the purpose of this modification. When you do alot of custom fabrication its trial and error, so I appreciate all of the input and suggestions.

On our first design we did have the radiator V'd against the intercooler, but I was afraid if he wrecked the radiator would smash into the intercooler. We moved it down so if he does hit something it drives the radiator back into the car and doesn’t destroy anything else. (This guy is a dirt queen!)

I did a lot of research on Japanese drift cars and spoke to some drivers before we starting doing this design. The Intercooler is flat due to hood and bumper fitment, almost every set up I have scene on pro cars is always this way. The radiator is angled so the air travels into the V shaped area between both components. There is nothing in that area that forces air to go anywhere else, but into the intercooler, so there is really no loss.

Looking at the pictures without the bumper it does look like its sticking out really far, but take a look at the pic of the car with the bumper, everything fits nice and its really not that low to the ground.

Cooling is unbelievable. You can hammer this set up all day, in Atlanta and Miami weather and it never gets hot!!!!

I would love to see some photos of other setups, please post if you have some! If anybody wants to do a custom design, lets do it!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #12
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

Intercooler

Quote:
I love this setup.

I can do this set up really reasonable. Price will depend on how you want your piping done. I'm assuming most guys already have intercoolers, so using your parts I could start out at 400.00. If you want to get crazy with the piping -do some cool welds or make a once piece pipe, I would have to charge more for the weld time.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #13
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

Red S14

Yes the pipe on the Red S14 is once piece. Pipe uses one coupler at the throttle body. (No coupler attaching intercooler to pipe, it is attched by weld.)
Old 11-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #14
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Do you guys want to see the hot stuff. This was taken a few years ago Its been done. Cools perfect.Look There is no big ass gap in the back for the air to exit. Thank you thank you.

luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:27 AM   #15
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Where the hell is your ducting?

-Jackson.Vaughn.Photography-
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:29 AM   #16
luisgonz
BANNED

luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
I dont have any photo's of it done. But just think there some.LOL
Old 11-08-2007, 01:51 AM   #17
llteddy4playll
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
llteddy4playll is making his/her stupidity well-knownllteddy4playll is making his/her stupidity well-knownllteddy4playll is making his/her stupidity well-knownllteddy4playll is making his/her stupidity well-knownllteddy4playll is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
do you have a before and after from fmic to vmount for spool time and cooling? Thanx
llteddy4playll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:56 AM   #18
luisgonz
BANNED

Well its like a bike, gas and here we go.LOL Let me see if my buddy jimmytango00 can tell you about the throttle response. Its fucken fast.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #19
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

Do you guys want to see the hot stuff. This was taken a few years ago Its been done. Cools perfect.Look There is no big ass gap in the back for the air to exit. Thank you thank you.

Looks nice, VMount is the way to go for serious cooling.

Just to let everyone know the radiator is actually adjustable on my design, "that big ass gap" can be filled by sliding the radiator up, it is on a adjustable track so you can replace it or adjust it if needed.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #20
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

More pics for luisgonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgonz View Post
Well its like a bike, gas and here we go.LOL Let me see if my buddy jimmytango00 can tell you about the throttle response. Its fucken fast.
PM Received
Yeah I got more pics, you mean the Weld car??
I'll put them up here, everyones been asking for them. I got some more hot pics from Sema also, I'll try and get them up tonight.

http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w306/SusanR34/
Old 11-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #21
luisgonz
BANNED

No, I want to see the pics of the graphics on the Gold car you posted. So if you can post pic's of just the gold car then its great, Like bunny and hamsters.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #22
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

Car Pics

OK, here are some pics of the gold 240sx. The paint and graphics on the car are a little ....different. I don't do any painting at the shop, I contract out, Im not sure who he had paint the car. To me its more of a mini trunk or hot rod look. Paint is different color on each side and so are the wheels. The paint is good quality, but I think I would of kept it all gold if it was my car.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ETiUyE89I[/ame] Video of the car.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:49 AM   #23
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Just to help out, hope you dont mind.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:03 AM   #24
GoodOl'S13
Zilvia Addict

GoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GoodOl'S13
anything special for RB Peps?

Secret Society
GoodOl'S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #25
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

Gold Car

Just to help out, hope you dont mind

No I don't mind. Thanks, I'm guessing those are some pics from Memphis??, that is not the owner of the car driving, that is actually one of my drivers, Charles.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #26
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

Rb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOl'S13 View Post
anything special for RB Peps?
Not yet, Im working on mine right now, I will have something soon.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #27
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

Thanks

Man you read my posts, and always make positive comments. Send me your address, I want to send you some cool stuff. I got some new Apexi and Greddy Tshirts, let me know your size. (positive attitude = free stuff!!!)

Thanks
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearlessj View Post
Just to help out, hope you dont mind.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #28
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Yes that was from memphis. I saw that the car was for sale, heard he was moving on to bigger better things? I may take my car to you guys next summer to get tuned. I want a free t-shirt!!! lol
Old 02-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #29
luisgonz
BANNED

I just did this for my daily s14.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #30
Impact Drift
Leaky Injector

Impact Drift is a well-known jackass
Bumping for a great design. How much just for the mount itself for an s14? Already have a IC and rad with fans and hood and looking for a proven mount that looks phenomenal.
Impact Drift is offline   Reply With Quote