Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #61
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmiddy View Post
i dont own any godspeed stuff but a friend of mine put one of their aluminum raidiators in his twin turbo supra and it seems alright. one thing i must say the look nice but are dirt cheep. 500 bucks is pretty cheep..... i dont know if i trust 'em but if you get em let us know how they ride

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! thats gotta be one of the funniest things i've heard all day. thank you and send the thanks ur friends way also.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #62
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocslider View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! thats gotta be one of the funniest things i've heard all day. thank you and send the thanks ur friends way also.
Haha thanks for pointing that out lol
Old 02-02-2008, 02:15 AM   #63
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfinch View Post
Who cares... They warranty them for a year and they are cheap as hell... It has to be a huge improvement over any shock/spring setup...
Not really....

Maybe for ride height adjustment, but not for ride quality.

I gaurantee these are SHIT.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:32 AM   #64
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so anyone yet used those coil? i'm looking for something for the daily and don't want spend too much, but also don't want too shitty ride quality..advice?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #65
sunnys14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
sunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
they look exactly like megans and ksports, i cant tell the difference besides the colors
Old 02-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #66
RINTHAL

RINTHAL is an unknown quantity at this point
I think i'm gonna pick theses up for my MX83, Since they dont make coilovers for the cressida i'm gonna mod theses up. Cheap and 1 Yr warranty is all I care about because my shocks are blown anyways. I will post on how the feel....
Old 02-05-2008, 09:56 AM   #67
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv View Post
so anyone yet used those coil? i'm looking for something for the daily and don't want spend too much, but also don't want too shitty ride quality..advice?
Endless...Moonface...shock and strut setup...
Old 02-05-2008, 11:58 AM   #68
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
This thread is still alive?

Do people seriously think these are worth money?

At the very least get Stance/KTS/Tein. Why support more Taiwanese knockoffs?

By now everyone should know that a Koni/GC setup will be the best for ride quality without spending lots of cash. You just have to put a little more work and time into it. Do it the right way.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #69
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
1 year warranty?? only 450 on ebay...
their distributor is only 20 miles away???
yes i think they are worth the money..
i will be buying a set for my s14..
i know people that have the megans on they fully built s14 s worth over 20grand...
we need to stop the hate for cheap products..its like brainwash. go by personal or know experiences not by price...jesus christ...
make your own decisions...
its not "cool" to pay for overpiced products...
i will defenitly post reviews as soon as they are installed...
i dont care if they are copy/knock offs//or up/undergardes of another more famous part... if they do anything similar and cost a 3rd of the price they are worth it... if your are a serious competitor who beats up your car for 4 hrs a day..then you might wanna spend the extra money and get a huge name brand if you are not then go with what you can easily afford!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #70
Twinchy
Zilvia Member

Twinchy is making a name for him/her selfTwinchy is making a name for him/her selfTwinchy is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to Twinchy
I agree with Gabe ..i think i might purchase these coilovers too.. cuz my shocks are pretty much done on my car right now and my RSR springs dont give me that good of a drop anyways.. i only dd my car anways nothing else really
Old 02-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #71
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by RINTHAL View Post
I think i'm gonna pick theses up for my MX83, Since they dont make coilovers for the cressida i'm gonna mod theses up. Cheap and 1 Yr warranty is all I care about because my shocks are blown anyways. I will post on how the feel....
Not to rain on your parade but you talked about valuing the warranty and modding them. If you mod them you are also voiding your warranty. GUARANTEE it. It also states that to claim something under warranty they must have been installed by a professional tuning shop. I dont know about you guys but I would be installing these myself so the warranty is a moot point anyhow.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #72
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Edit: never mind then, do what you want.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #73
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Sorry I support companies that do the R&D themselves. Have fun.
Think before you post.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #74
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Bleh, whatever. I'm tired of trying to convince people. Edited above post.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #75
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Rockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rockogtr
I think I might give them a shot on my project car... I'll also make a review when I get them in,may not be for a little bit...till all the salt is off the road, I'll be useing them for a daily/weekend warrior
Old 02-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #76
jussjepbrox
Zilvia Member

jussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enough
ill try em im on a budget ive went from cut springs to JIC coils to shock n spring to STANCE Pros been drifting for a while if these get me sideways with not alot of body roll im happy
ill let you know how they feel ill be the test dummy if they break oh well buy sum new ones
Old 02-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #77
RINTHAL

RINTHAL is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Not to rain on your parade but you talked about valuing the warranty and modding them. If you mod them you are also voiding your warranty. GUARANTEE it. It also states that to claim something under warranty they must have been installed by a professional tuning shop. I dont know about you guys but I would be installing these myself so the warranty is a moot point anyhow.
LOL YOUR TOTALLY RIGHT! I had to re-read what i said, oh well cheap solution for now as long as it gives me some track time some with no or little body roll and a semi decent drop whatever, i will just wait until theses blow. Either this or buy used s13 coilovers off of ebay that are probally leaking for the cressida i have no other choice GC sucks for heavyier cars and their is next to no aftermarket in shocks or springs in the states and rare to get from japan for my car. oh well expect an review write up on these next month from me as a DD and weekend events
Old 02-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #78
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
There doing group buys on this actually. 70.00 off the 499.99 cost(height adjustable and has the pillow mount.). I dont know but you cant beat that. They also are the same manufactures of megan and apexi emotors actually purchases off of godspeed to let you know as well Since i heard it brought up.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #79
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Cheap parts for cheap cars driven by cheap people.

If you want performance, you'll go elsewhere.

This isn't the future, where technology costs nothing. This is the present, where good performance products still cost good amounts of money. Unless you're willing to pony up that money, you're not going to get a competitive product. Hell, you're not going to get a decent product. You're not entitled to anything by these companies, and they sure as hell aren't making all these cheap suspension parts as a favor to the S-chassis community.

We need to continue the hate for cheap products. Do they bring performance to the hands of many? Not really, no. They bring a semblance of performance, mostly adjustability, to people who can't tell the difference. If you guys want to continue to buy absolute junk and pretend that it's the best stuff ever, feel free. I'll just continue to tell you guys you bought a gilded turd, and some of you will realize it and look back with disdain at your own stupidity.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #80
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Support whatever works is what I say.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #81
Jadeskyline
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jadeskyline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
Support whatever works is what I say.
agreed

freddy bov's, ebay intercoolers, meagan, ksports, they all work. these cars are wayyyy to old to spend 2000 on wheels and 2500 on suspension to ride around town in. viva los cheapo parts!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #82
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
If Megans have a tendency to start feeling spongy after a year or so, I wonder how long itll take before these start feeling like sagging ass too...but hey if theyre from the same company who manufacture MRs, thats great.

I like these better...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #83
PuffinPuffer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (-1)
PuffinPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
not bad of a price, i wanna know how long they last
Old 02-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #84
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
If Megans have a tendency to start feeling spongy after a year or so, I wonder how long itll take before these start feeling like sagging ass too...but hey if theyre from the same company who manufacture MRs, thats great.

I like these better...
for $5000, you better like them more.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #85
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
for $5000, you better like them more.
You paid $5000? You have 3-way adjustables?

Because they're only $2600 for single-adjustable ones.

+1 for Flipsprayin' ! Let me know how they are will you?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #86
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
How the hell is this thread still alive? LET IT DIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #87
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
You paid $5000? You have 3-way adjustables?

Because they're only $2600 for single-adjustable ones.

+1 for Flipsprayin' ! Let me know how they are will you?
aragosta's is moneyzzzzz. they are good shit, but not everyone can afford that. make do with what you can. not everyone here is aiming to be orido.

that's not to say that good, quality parts aren't worth it or not good or etc, some people would just rather spend that money on food (i.e. things they need to survive). having a cool car is relative to the owner. if these make it look cool to them, whatever. we don't all make bank for HKS, trust, blitz, etc etc, and i for one don't knock a man for what he does to feed his family. do what you can afford to do.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #88
haz-e

haz-e will become famous soon enoughhaz-e will become famous soon enoughhaz-e will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Cheap parts for cheap cars driven by cheap people... S-chassis community.

We need to continue the hate for cheap products. Do they bring performance to the hands of many? Not really, no. They bring a semblance of performance, mostly adjustability, to people who can't tell the difference. If you guys want to continue to buy absolute junk and pretend that it's the best stuff ever, feel free. I'll just continue to tell you guys you bought a gilded turd, and some of you will realize it and look back with disdain at your own stupidity.

Cheap *cough* KBB price for a used S13 is $1500-2000 in Washington with 150k on the odometer. S14 $4800-7000. My fish tank was $1500; thats right a fresh water house for fucking fishes. Seems like you don't understand exported labor. Sure Godspeed coils 'may' be crap but compared to $5000 Penskes; for some its worth it. Most of us only verbalize our desire and big hopes to hit an autocross or circuit track so are these high dollar parts worth it? Parts for cars are relative to the cars price. ECU tune for EVO $800, E/DE $200. Hamman Stage 3 engine kit for Ferrari $SIXDIGITS, Built KA/SR $10k if you cannot do the work yourself. I'm no expert but I'm willing to bet these Godspeed Coils cost $100-200 from raw metal to finished product, Penskes can't be much more.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:51 PM   #89
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by haz-e View Post
Cheap *cough* KBB price for a used S13 is $1500-2000 in Washington with 150k on the odometer. S14 $4800-7000. My fish tank was $1500; thats right a fresh water house for fucking fishes. Seems like you don't understand exported labor. Sure Godspeed coils 'may' be crap but compared to $5000 Penskes; for some its worth it. Most of us only verbalize our desire and big hopes to hit an autocross or circuit track so are these high dollar parts worth it? Parts for cars are relative to the cars price. ECU tune for EVO $800, E/DE $200. Hamman Stage 3 engine kit for Ferrari , Built KA/SR $10k if you cannot do the work yourself. I'm no expert but I'm willing to bet these Godspeed Coils cost $100-200 from raw metal to finished product, Penskes can't be much more.

You are an IDIOT! Shocks are one of the most important things on your car! Nobody is telling anyone that they HAVE to go out and spend a crapload of money on some pro-spec penskes or ohlins. If all you're gunna do is daily drive then just get some TEIN flexes. Their bearings are top-notch the shocks work well and the fit/finish and quality control processes are top-notch as well. It is well worth the extra $600 or so you would have to spend. Also there is no excuse for not going out and participating in autocross/track events if you are interested in them. It is really not that expensive and there are racetracks and autocross events all over the place, and they are not that expensive to participate in.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #90
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
i guess you can either go spend 400 bucks of godspeed, and have coilovers now, and if they really do get spongy after about one year, then you can just buy another set!!!!!!!!!
lol.. or maybe just save up money at that rate and buy some "real coils" 4 years later that cost 1600...lol

just pure hate for cheap products without any knowledge of them is pure fucking ignorance, fucking guys barely making 30k a year buying 3000 dolar suspension for a 500 dolar car.,.hey thats real fucking smart!
and most dont even track the cars...

SO fucking pay attention ...Do you see anyone in this thread saying hey I am a D1 driver ...do you think godspeed coils are the right ones for me?
no you dont so dont bring this talk about comparing these coils to $5000 dolar coils..