Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-19-2010, 03:11 AM   #31
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
yeah, Hondas are nowhere near as cool as a 1000 dollar s13.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:19 AM   #32
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
No I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say. Since alot of people have em there's alot of kids/posers/whatever you wanna call em, that throw a exhaust on it and be obnoxious. Maybe I wasn't making sense. Idk. That's my story.
s13drob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:22 AM   #33
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
nah, i understand. it's just that the Honda crowd isn't THAT much different from the 240sx crowd. i don't understand the draw to front wheel drive economy cars, but then again i don't understand why most of the 240 guys jerk off to burning tires instead of proper driving. to suggest one group is better than the other is kind of silly, although now i'm not sure if that's what you meant.
cliffs: a ricer's a ricer regardless of what he drives
Old 02-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #34
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
That's true. Although I don't jerk it to burning tires. Haha. Around here I don't see many 240s. I'm not disrespecting hondas. It's just there's alot of posers in that group cuz of the popularity (aka bandwagoners) I think that's why most of my bad experiences are with hondas.

Another story. I was revved on from a couple lanes over With a big semi between us from another civic. I just laughed with my lady. Too many bad expierences.
s13drob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:23 AM   #35
Copilot911
Leaky Injector

Copilot911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
nah, i understand. it's just that the Honda crowd isn't THAT much different from the 240sx crowd. i don't understand the draw to front wheel drive economy cars, but then again i don't understand why most of the 240 guys jerk off to burning tires instead of proper driving. to suggest one group is better than the other is kind of silly, although now i'm not sure if that's what you meant.
cliffs: a ricer's a ricer regardless of what he drives
Yes but atleast 240s are a proper RWD sports car, people that drive a FWD econobox and try and turn it into a sports car are just stupid.
Copilot911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:16 AM   #36
TheXFlames
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
TheXFlames is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheXFlames Send a message via Yahoo to TheXFlames
s14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
Oh one time at Home Depot, I was leaving the parking lot and this guy was pulling out of his spot. So naturally, I stopped to wait for him to pull out. Obviously, I'm on the right, and there are a bunch of parked cars perpendicular to mine.

What do you know, the car directly next to me flips on the reverse lights. But there's no way, she's gonna back up, I mean, I'm right here and she clearly would have seen me because I'M RIGHT HERE and blocking her car.

But no, she starts backing up, and of course, I have no horn.

So I roll down the window and yell my lungs out until she plows my car.

Then this asian lady gets out all surprised. Bitch.

awww =( wtf ....

i had luck on mine i work at autozone and we share parking at the plaza.
but damn this place gets packed,
never any parking there.

and same thing was going to happen til the guy in front of me move and i made it thru before being hit by a few inches ...

saved my car and managed to get to work on time =D
TheXFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:26 AM   #37
enkei2k
Super Moderator

enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
i was coming home after driving my girl home one night and i guess this evo decided to backfire, right next to me (with my windows down, this was the summertime). needless to say, i was not impressed.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:47 AM   #38
juve_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
juve_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13SilviaGirl View Post
It must be a Cali thing. Fucking Bros......

not really i live in texas and everytime am outside washing or doing whatever to my 240sx other cars rev at me in front of my house and its always a mach 1 and a ford lightning probably its the same guy
juve_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:52 AM   #39
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
The reving at stoplight is getting annoying. It's happened at least 10 times in the past three weeks. Hondas, mustangs, an eclipse and a fucking jeep of all things. I just laugh though and turn up my music
MisawaJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #40
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copilot911 View Post
Yes but atleast 240s are a proper RWD sports car, people that drive a FWD econobox and try and turn it into a sports car are just stupid.
Not a sports car, but a sports coupe. There is a difference. Those FWD econoboxes are typically quicker or as quick as our cars so not much sense in talking them down.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #41
Soup Nazi
Zilvia Addict

Soup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond repute
Same guy almost every day in his lifted Diesel revs it up driving past me in my apartment complex. This guy must not have a life. This truck is a huge POS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
this is why a paintball gun is very high on my list of things to buy.
if he ever drives by again, try to get his license plate # and call that fucker in.

I have one used for 1 day, basically New For Cheap
Nissanparts.cc... Enjuku-Racing

Ever bought anything from me?
Leave a review
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=200877
Soup Nazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #42
sked707
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
sked707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I get the usual rev from lame ass hondas every now and then..haha looks like everybody goes through this. its like if they all got some kind of pact to rev at any other import they see lol
sked707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #43
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
i have a guy in a stock scion TC with big TRD racing decals going down the side of his car stalking me. I went into walmart and came out and the kid was parked next to me waiting for me to come out of the store. he wanted to race asked if my car was stock or turbo....

another guy in a riced out honda eg asked if i was going to pimp my coupe out. he went into the store and left his lambo doors up.

also i live in a verry small city only 240 here with a sr in it. i get DO YOU DRIFT every time i go to work.

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #44
Dreadedboost180

Dreadedboost180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Had this happen in my 71 nova one day but same guy later on the same night I was in my 95 240 and it happened again. I was cruising down our main drag in town when this evo pulls up next to me. He started yelling something about is my car (nova) fast and so on and says you should race my boy in the STI in front of me. I pull up just to talk to him and he says WANNA GO?!?!, as we're cruising along about 25 he revs it up & bouncing off the rev limiter and launches it pretty much and heads right for my car. I yell back some obscenities not understanding why he is doing this. Apparently its how they get you to race in cali he tells me....Twice in one night this happens to my nova and 240 lol.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #45
Knuckles
Zilvia Addict

Knuckles is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13SilviaGirl View Post
Me... 11 PM and some kid that lives around the corner decided to drive slow as hell in front of my house and rev the shit out of his coupe. Its fucking 11pm on a weeknight....I have kids moron. He sees 2 bone stock 240s in the yard and assumes we want to hear that shit? Lame. :ghey:

kinda the same story...this loser with a black sil80,stock height and poop can exhaust always drives through my neighbor hood to get to his gf's house or probably his bf's house and every time he passes my house he hits the gas full throttle because he wants me to know how cool he is...well last night iced the cake i come home @ 1am quiet as i can be because not only do i live in Cop Land but a couple of my neighbors are Sheriffs and Police Officers and dont want any problems, i got the garage open and about to put the 240 in and this douche comes around the corner,sees me and try's to do some kind of a burnout/body roll/drift into another car thing because his car is so cool. i was hoping so hard he crashed but he didnt. dont know what to do with this jerk. my friends say make a spike strip,but i kinda wanna put a home made speed bump in "not that hes gunna scrape because he's 4x4 status" but im sure it would make him shit bricks hitting that at full throttle..............douch!
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #46
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
i think the worst situation for me is when i come back from the grocery store and theres 3 240's parked around me and 2 little shits smoking a cig tryin to strike a convo up about how Tyte my car is...or what motor im running...

needless to say i just keep walking...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #47
murderrsirenss
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
murderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to murderrsirenss Send a message via AIM to murderrsirenss Send a message via Yahoo to murderrsirenss
dude at walmart once saw me changing my taillight bulb, and he repeatedly ask 'what kinda of body kit do you have?' I continuously replied, i dont have a body kit. Then hes leaning in looking at my motor and goes v6?

i just locked my doors and closed my hood and walked back in walmart.
murderrsirenss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:00 AM   #48
EDT007
Zilvia Addict

EDT007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Went to the mall once and I usually don't bring the 240 but I was really in a rush. I was literally inside for about 30 mins picking up a few things to come out to group of kids standing and smoking around my car. Hands and heads all up on/in the car. I come walking towards it w/ my girl and hit the alarm button. Siren goes off and scares the sh*t out of them. They start trying to ask me the usual questions: do i drift? What motor?. I put my Q/R on and took off. My girl was like you're not even going to answer their question. I politely said "no, I'm going to continue living my life"..LOL
EDT007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:01 AM   #49
homeslicej2
Zilvia Member

homeslicej2 is making a name for him/her selfhomeslicej2 is making a name for him/her self
I live about 300 yards away from a local high school and my 240 is plainly visible from the street. I get several high speed "fly-bys" and revving fart cans everyday. I can only think of a couple of instances when it has happened at night. Surprisingly, I've only had one kid stop by to talk about the car though. Mostly honda and truck fans around me.
homeslicej2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #50
SRallDay
BANNED

SRallDay is an unknown quantity at this point
car breaking down in the worst possible situations you can think of. getting pulled over everyday. SNIP revving at me for no reason. etc.
SRallDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #51
SRallDay
BANNED

SRallDay is an unknown quantity at this point
i also love how basically everyone gets rev'd at for no reason. shit actually happened to me yesterday when i was going to my friends house. some garbage ass accord. -___- so pointless.
SRallDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #52
Soup Nazi
Zilvia Addict

Soup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRallDay View Post
car breaking down in the worst possible situations you can think of. getting pulled over everyday. ****** revving at me for no reason. etc.

Wow, you better edit that.
Nissanparts.cc... Enjuku-Racing

Ever bought anything from me?
Leave a review
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=200877
Soup Nazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #53
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by murderrsirenss View Post
dude at walmart once saw me changing my taillight bulb, and he repeatedly ask 'what kinda of body kit do you have?' I continuously replied, i dont have a body kit. Then hes leaning in looking at my motor and goes v6?

i just locked my doors and closed my hood and walked back in walmart.

I love asking people dumb questions like that, its so funny unless they are nice and explain.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #54
Dreadedboost180

Dreadedboost180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Had one of my random 80+ year old neighbors come over talking about how I always look busy with my projects. First thing he says was "oh wow I didnt know these models came with 4 wheel disc brakes".....long pause....."What kind of car is this" LOL
Old 02-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #55
Iron_Zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Iron_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I am at my Girls house all the time and one of her nieghbors up the street in a hard core ricer she lives next to a stop sign and my 240 is parked out there and he always tries to take off all fast my freaken LAWN MOWER sounds better then his civic
Iron_Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #56
Jakob
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
when i cruise around town with my windows down, just enjoy driving my car a lot of younger guys with bmws or imports overtake me like they are dominic torretto themselves...
i usually smile

when i'm hanging out and stand next to my car sometimes some random guy comes up to me and asks what type of car that is i tell them its a s14. the response i usually get is that their buddy/cousin/brother in law/loverboy has a s15 with rb26/2jz and pushin 1000whp and is a professional drifter.
Jakob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #57
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRallDay View Post
car breaking down in the worst possible situations you can think of. getting pulled over everyday. SNIP revving at me for no reason. etc.
idiot! ^ ...

anybody every been approched and asked if you wanted to buy parts?

like literally ur getting out of ur car at home/work/store, anywwhere...and someone pulls up, hell not even driving a 240...and ask if u needed parts...

Old 02-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #58
jay pee
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
jay pee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
seems like honda guys have nothing better to do then rev people up...i hate when they drive by my house reving their car like if im gonna b impressed...n then my mom yells at me thinking i knw the person n why the hell are the making so much noise wakeing up the neighbors... i dnt get it they throw a 3 inch tip on there car n just cause its loud they swear there car is fast lol the one thing i hate is the HONDA FLY BY....im just cruising on the freeway, driving the speed limit minding my own business when a honda just flys by me probably goin about 80 maxing out his car lol n as he passes me he looks at me n my 240 and laughs thinking like he raced me n blew my car out of the water..that crap pisses me off..then he porbably goes n brags to his buddies like.. "yeah i smoked a silvia 2day.. guy had no chance" .....lol idiots, people like that should b allowed to drive!!!!!!!!!
jay pee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #59
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^^ Nah, but did get offered an ID and green card once in Echo Park. lol

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #60
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
^^ Nah, but did get offered an ID and green card once in Echo Park. lol

you look the type who would too...lol