Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #91
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
King
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #92
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
What strut bar is this?
Really dig this brace... a lot.

Kinda want to powdercoat mine... not sure that I like it matching the VC/Exterior paint. Maybe a little contrast would be good.

Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #93
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Wait, why does your RXB not have the metal Do-Luck emblem? Or am I just not seeing it? (DaZeD)
From what I've read there are two generations of the real RXB.

OG ones like yours had metal plate, even harder to find due to age. Second versions just came with stickers.

And the knockoffs have only 1 adjustable ring thing, and some goofy plaque.

I wish they made the MXB for the 14... One of my all time fav's, I'd jump on that in a second.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #94
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
The Nams/Nagisa ones have plenty of clearance. I have had no rubbing issues ever.

^Are those bolted through the floor? Or just adding upward tension by pushing the bar up?^

Celly drop..

Here's the badge...

so much jdm brand synergy
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #95
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Quote:
(RXB Pic)

^Are those bolted through the floor? Or just adding upward tension by pushing the bar up?^
I had to drill holes into the trans tunnel/floor... basically bolts the bar to the floor making the seat feel solid over bumps at higher speeds. No more trans tunnel flex. IIRC they are called RXB stabilizers.

DC front strut bar and Shakitto plates also made a nice difference when I had them. Bolt on fender braces and ebay style strut bars never work for me... if you can bend the brace/bar/whatever by hand it probably won't do shit on your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I had to modify the end plates, and by modify I mean cut the bar off them, re orient them, and then reweld the bars back to them. Again It may be becuase it was a Dubeloz (spelling) knock off from a while back (We're talking 5+ years easily).
Ah Dubeloz.... that explains it.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #96
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Did someone say Jonnie Fraz? Sorry guys I have been trying to stay above water, but I am losing...lol.
Here is a pic of a recent fab day.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #97
Razi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
Razi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Damn, I want those.
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #98
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
Did someone say Jonnie Fraz? Sorry guys I have been trying to stay above water, but I am losing...lol.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Fraz-Man-One/More-braces.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Fraz-Man-One/SCF002.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Fraz-Man-One/SCF004.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Fraz-Man-One/SCF003.jpg[/IG]
This guy is awesome, you buy his stuff now!
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #99
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
Ah Dubeloz.... that explains it.
Again, it wasn't something I purchased, but man it was way off. I guess for the price it's a small price to pay. At the time, you may as well have asked for a free rocket ride to Venus before finding a real Do-Luck piece. Either way I took it out after putting a roll cage in it anyway.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #100
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
I had to drill holes into the trans tunnel/floor... basically bolts the bar to the floor making the seat feel solid over bumps at higher speeds. No more trans tunnel flex. IIRC they are called RXB stabilizers.
Wait. Those "stabilizers" are Do-Luck pieces?! My interest has grown exponentially.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #101
Herro

Trader Rating: (0)
Herro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
What strut bar is this?
Skimmed thru the thread and I'm not sure if this has been answered yet...but its a guy on Nicoclub who made it:

S13 Front Strut / Firewall Brace : Fabricators' Market - Page 14
Herro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:30 AM   #102
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Putting a Nismo Power Brace on my car made a pretty huge difference with tension rods.

Maybe I'll grab some of Jonny Fraz's versions to show a fellow norcaller some love.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #103
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Quote:
Wait. Those "stabilizers" are Do-Luck pieces?! My interest has grown exponentially.
Yes... this is the thread I got them from... painted them black. Pretty good deal I'd say.

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/19550...tabilizer.html

I think I saw these on RHDJapan a while back
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #104
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Damn. Props, I honestly didn't think those were Do-Luck, but I was sure wrong. Those are ill.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #105
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZeD View Post
Damn. Props, I honestly didn't think those were Do-Luck, but I was sure wrong. Those are ill.
Do-Luck are the original braces you see replicas of on ebay and other places. Those are hit or miss.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #106
'97 S14 SE Turbo
Zilvia Member

'97 S14 SE Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to '97 S14 SE Turbo
Don't know where my RXB is now. Sold it to some kid in Az, and now it's still probably kicking around on it's 3rd or 4th owner. Still got the wrench for it.

Wished I had the RXB stabilizer when I still was running the RXB. That was one of the things that I was looking for then.

In the end, sold the RXB to make room for a 4 point cage. The difference in chassis feel was nil. Without either, the chassis felt like wet noodle...
'97 S14 SE Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #107
rb25crazy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
rb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Nissan Silvia S14 Side Lower Bar / Side Floor Bar UR-SD3-855

Nissan Silvia S14 Front Lower Bar / Front Member Brace UR-LA4-854

Nissan Silvia S14 Rear Lower Bar / Rear Member Brace UR-RL8-621P

does anyone own these? and do these acutally do anything? considering picking them up, but wanted to know if these make a real difference.
rb25crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #108
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
bladetech8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
so the rear subframe bars make a difference? really? hmmmmmmmmmm.
There is a bad reputation going around on those rear lower subframe braces for our cars, but believe it or not, it does make a difference.. A lot of people dismiss it as useless without even doing much research into it. I will tell you though, the ebay style ones with the floppy ends are pure junk.. Only GT-SPEC makes a legit solid piece design from what know for that subframe brace.

What they do is assist in stiffening the weakest part of the subframe (rear) to lessen the distortion of the lower suspension arms, especially during corner exits while putting the power down.. If they were truly useless, then why did NISSAN decide to spend money by installing them on S15 Spec-R's? yeah that's right, S15 Spec-R's have rear lower tie bar/subframe brace (middle pic) from the factory as well as a trunk brace and a front ladder bar. Nissan deemed those parts of the chassis could use some extra strengthening/bracing, so that's more than a good enough reason for me to put them on my S13.

bladetech8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #109
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
From what I understood, I believe he meant these subframe bars.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #110
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Sorry for the small picture...but I have URAS fender braces:

My skid plate is 1/8" stainless steel and mounts to my front subframe, tension rod brackets, and the front cross bar of the car and it made a massive difference in how the front end feels:

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #111
Kk_kalina

Trader Rating: (0)
Kk_kalina is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
where is everyone getting there miracle cross bars i cant find them
Kk_kalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #112
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
At what point do you just cage the car instead of adding a tone of braces?
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #113
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
From what I understood, I believe he meant these subframe bars.

If that's the case.. DOH! lol

My honest opinion on those are that they work for certain setups. For example, I have solid aluminum subframe bushings pressed in, so I don't know if some beefier subframe stabilizers/braces would do anything for a subframe that doesn't shift around to begin with.. I can see those being useful for anyone with non-solid subframe bushings though, since it can help in preventing a sloppy subframe from shifting forward/backward and left/right a little better. Regardless, I wouldn't mind having a pair of those on my car
Old 04-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #114
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
At what point do you just cage the car instead of adding a tone of braces?
When you don't want your car to be street legal anymore. Cage's are a terrible idea for the street, unless you plan to wear a helmet at all times.. Unless your talking about a rear half-cage.. Then I can see that being ok, but I believe its still too much of a cop magnet, along with open DP's and massive wings.. lol
Old 04-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #115
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Sorry for the small picture...but I have URAS fender braces:

It seems that the Uras, Tanabe, Cusco, and et cetera fender braces are all the same part, just painted different colours.
The S14 version looks a bit better than the S13 one.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #116
edmorl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
edmorl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
do your s13 tension rod braces fit with a sikky sway bar ?
edmorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #117
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kk_kalina View Post
where is everyone getting there miracle cross bars i cant find them
HondaTech Classifieds...

Trololololol

... but seriously.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #118
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladetech8 View Post
When you don't want your car to be street legal anymore. Cage's are a terrible idea for the street, unless you plan to wear a helmet at all times.. Unless your talking about a rear half-cage.. Then I can see that being ok, but I believe its still too much of a cop magnet, along with open DP's and massive wings.. lol
Yeah a half cage would work. Door bars are a pain to get in and out of.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #119
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Quote:

I would PM you but i'm pinked and can only post after a mod reads it. But i want to buy that nismo powerbrace look alike. How much? And where can i buy it
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #120
projectslider
Zilvia Junkie

projectslider is an unknown quantity at this point
were can i get that ultra rear 4 point strut bar for the hatch?! cant
seem to find it!! shiiet!
projectslider is offline   Reply With Quote