Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #31
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
In for the dyno aswell
and please elaborate on this:
D1GP Japan and D1SL Japan.

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #32
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Quote:
In for the dyno aswell
and please elaborate on this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLogan View Post
It's obvious they're ripping off the DG-5s just by the appearance and them now using SWIFT springs. That doesn't mean the dampening is the same though. :P
How's it obvious? Stance stated that XR is a completely different than the GR+. Stance has collaborated with Swift because their springs are good. Swift springs come standard on the GR+2 and GR+3 also.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #33
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
these are very tempting!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #34
amdnivram
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
amdnivram is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amdnivram
I guess i just found which coil overs will be replacing my gr+ pro's.

http://silaudrey.blogspot.com/
amdnivram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #35
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory View Post
How's it obvious? Stance stated that XR is a completely different than the GR+. Stance has collaborated with Swift because their springs are good. Swift springs come standard on the GR+2 and GR+3 also.
If you guys are distributing these with the swift springs does that also mean you will be a distributor for swift now or are you just selling the stance product?
Old 11-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #36
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97240TB View Post
If you guys are distributing these with the swift springs does that also mean you will be a distributor for swift now or are you just selling the stance product?
We're a master distributor for Swift as well.

We have instock of over 100's of Swift springs.

If you need anything else, like lowering springs or even sway bars, contact us for a quote.

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #37
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
How's it obvious? Stance stated that XR is a completely different than the GR+.
Just curious, but are the DG-5 coils also called the GR+?

Because if not, then where did Stance state that the XR is different than the DG-5?
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #38
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
D1GP Japan and D1SL Japan.
Which drivers?
are they sponsored drivers that got them for free
or privateers that spent their hard earned money on something because it works?

it may sound like I'm hating but I honestly think that if you're coming here
to promote a product aimed to the higher end spectrum of the market
you need to be ready to answer some questions and not just feed us the marketing BS.

I'm on a set of Zeals I'm not completely in love with
but it seems like my next suspension will be of European origin

still waiting on the dyno btw
don't tell me that Stance with all the R&D invested in these and countelss other products doesn't have a shock dyno on site
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #39
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Fortune is 50mm and not inverted. XR is definitely not the same.
You said outer diameter is 60mm.

Fortune Auto's outer diameter is 57mm.

That's close enough for me (and not worth 2.5 the price) if the shock dynos on the Stances' aren't worth a crap.

Shock dyno please.
Perfect Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #40
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
all you guys asking for shock dyno's, do you even know how to read them?? Do you know what to look for on the graph?

It seems like you guys just want a dyno test performed without even being able to analyze the results.
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #41
Souljahzs13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (66)
Souljahzs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004 View Post
all you guys asking for shock dyno's, do you even know how to read them?? Do you know what to look for on the graph?

It seems like you guys just want a dyno test performed without even being able to analyze the results.
LOL... that is so true. Many do ask for it, but there are a few on here that can analyze the results. I'm in for a dyno test also
Souljahzs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #42
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yes, some of us are more educated than a lot of the people going OMG NEW COILS!1
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #43
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Which drivers?
are they sponsored drivers that got them for free
or privateers that spent their hard earned money on something because it works?

it may sound like I'm hating but I honestly think that if you're coming here
to promote a product aimed to the higher end spectrum of the market
you need to be ready to answer some questions and not just feed us the marketing BS.

I'm on a set of Zeals I'm not completely in love with
but it seems like my next suspension will be of European origin

still waiting on the dyno btw
don't tell me that Stance with all the R&D invested in these and countelss other products doesn't have a shock dyno on site
This thread was posted late last night. It's been less than 12 hrs since I posted this thread. I'm trying to answer all the questions as fast as possible. But I'm quite busy here at work also! Sorry!!! Please be patient.

They are all privateers. Takatori (D1GP), Fukuyama (D1SL), Teramachi (D1SL). They have no reason to run Stance products on their car unless it was good, this is their job. I know Fukuyama tested coilovers from a Taiwan manufacturer from a shop in Japan that was bring them in, he got them for free. He wasn't happy with the performance and the front damper snapped while testing. He purchased Stance afterwards and also had his friend Teramachi purchase as well.

Takatori drove for Bridge Racing in USA for Formula D. The car he drove in had Stance coilovers on the car. Since then he also purchased Stance coilovers for all his cars in Japan.

I have the dyno but as soon as I get an approval I will post it, as it is a proprietary information.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #44
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Balance View Post
You said outer diameter is 60mm.

Fortune Auto's outer diameter is 57mm.

That's close enough for me (and not worth 2.5 the price) if the shock dynos on the Stances' aren't worth a crap.

Shock dyno please.
ok. Taiwan's site states 50mm.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #45
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I am curious to see the shock dyno as well, just because I'd like to compare it to a proper shock like a Bilstein/Koni/JRZ/Moton/etc. So far, Fortunes have the only shock dyno that shows a digressive compression curve out of all of the affordable coilover companies - I'm not saying Fortunes are as good as Moton, et al. but those companies all have digressive valving.

For those asking about going low, with Swift springs you can get a 6" spring up front and basically go low enough to touch the subframe to the ground with basically any coilover.

For those interested in reading about damper tuning:

http://www.theoryinpracticeengineeri...per_tuning.pdf

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #46
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I can't seem to find the Taiwanese site. Have a link?
Old 11-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #47
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Balance View Post
I can't seem to find the Taiwanese site. Have a link?
He's talking about Home - Fortune Auto USA. Home of 50mm Performance Coilovers, Titanium Shift Knobs & Titanium Lug nuts without actually naming names.

If these are better than regular Stance GR+Pros, then they have to be nice. I have multiple friends on them, and they're great coils. I want to ride in a car with XR's on it.

Also, as far as I know, Stance are the only decently priced coils with inverted monotube front dampers, so that's a +1 for Stance.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.

Last edited by PoorMans180SX; 11-19-2010 at 06:11 AM..
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #48
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
these sure do look pretty nice.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:53 AM   #49
nxt774
Zilvia Member

nxt774 is making a name for him/her selfnxt774 is making a name for him/her selfnxt774 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
+1.

Just looked up the specs on DG-5's and compared them to XR's and they look nearly identical. Assuming the dampers are built to the same spec as the rest of the coil I'd venture to say that these are equal to DG-5... Except less expensive.

by 200 bucks....

im going to venture and say since both probably come from the same place in korea and now come with the same swift springs that they are the same. but come on would you rather say im rocking stance or DG5?

thats all it comes down to... i miss my kei office d1 specs, best coils i have ever owned hands down
nxt774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #50
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
If these are better than regular Stance GR+Pros, then they have to be nice. I have multiple friends on them, and they're great coils. I want to ride in a car with XR's on it.
I dunno man, I'm not in love with my GR+, at all.

Always found them to have way too much compression when the rebound is near the sweet spot.

And I also think I'm over the whole linear valving thing too.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #51
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
I dunno man, I'm not in love with my GR+, at all.

Always found them to have way too much compression when the rebound is near the sweet spot.

And I also think I'm over the whole linear valving thing too.
I know what you mean, but I'm just saying, you can't find a much better price/quality/product support combo than a Stance product. From my dealings with them they are cool. That being said, all my interaction with Fortune Auto/Import Image has been great as well.

Not saying they're the best dampers in the world or anything.

If I'm not mistaken they can revalve them?

Old 11-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #52
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
This thread was posted late last night. It's been less than 12 hrs since I posted this thread. I'm trying to answer all the questions as fast as possible. But I'm quite busy here at work also! Sorry!!! Please be patient.

They are all privateers. Takatori (D1GP), Fukuyama (D1SL), Teramachi (D1SL). They have no reason to run Stance products on their car unless it was good, this is their job. I know Fukuyama tested coilovers from a Taiwan manufacturer from a shop in Japan that was bring them in, he got them for free. He wasn't happy with the performance and the front damper snapped while testing. He purchased Stance afterwards and also had his friend Teramachi purchase as well.

Takatori drove for Bridge Racing in USA for Formula D. The car he drove in had Stance coilovers on the car. Since then he also purchased Stance coilovers for all his cars in Japan.

I have the dyno but as soon as I get an approval I will post it, as it is a proprietary information.
That's somewhat reassuring
any road racing or time attack drivers?

someone once told me and seems like good advice:
never buy high end suspension components if the company can't revalve locally or provide a shock dyno with every shock they sell

Quote:

Also, as far as I know, Stance are the only decently priced coils with inverted monotube front dampers, so that's a +1 for Stance.
The zeals I have also sell in that ballpark
their US distributor is local to me and will re-valve
they do seem to charge more than other companies for this service though
and don't have as good a turn around
this is from people I know who've dealt with them and a few calls I've made to them

Quote:
I know what you mean, but I'm just saying, you can't find a much better price/quality/product support combo than a Stance product. From my dealings with them they are cool. That being said, all my interaction with Fortune Auto/Import Image has been great as well.

Not saying they're the best dampers in the world or anything.

If I'm not mistaken they can revalve them?
Agree, I had a set of the original Stances
and they were very good to talk to on the phone when
I called for z32 fork mounts

no on the re-valving at the time,
they told me they just sell you a replacement shock
(for a decent price I might ad)

but like someone mentioned
linear valving on a primarily street driven car isn't ideal

still wanting to do shorter Swift springs with progressive helper springs on my set up
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #53
SoSideways
Post Whore!

I talked to Scott at Stance awhile back, and he said that they could revalve, but I think they changed it to no revalve after that, since the GR+3 came out.

In any case, even if they can revalve, they cannot get away from the inherent characteristics of the pistons and shim stacks, which is more than likely what gives them the linear valving.

And linear valving doesn't sound ideal for anytime your car will see bumps on the road, period, whether it is on the street or a race track.

Most of these coilovers have WAY TOO MUCH compression and rebound forces pass the 1 meter/second point on the velocity vs force graph, and not enough below it, which makes for harshness over bumps and body roll in fast sweepers.

In any case, if these coilovers have better valving then they may be worth while, but for the price, they're in Koni/Bilstein territory, and their dampers have very good valving and their revalving service are also very good.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #54
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I'm pretty sure the whole point in revalving is to change the shim stacks.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #55
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
come on guys thats MSRP price. Gr+ pros had a MSRP of ~$1600 when i bought mine shortly after they came out, did i pay that? No...did my brother pay that two years later? he got em even cheaper than i did. So they'll probably sell for $1800 or so when the specials start rolling around in a few months/year
Old 11-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #56
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the whole point in revalving is to change the shim stacks.
Yeah but you can't change the piston design.

And the piston design will have more of an impact on how the curve will be like more than the shim stack.

Shim stack is mostly where the "knee" of the curve will happen, and how much force there will be.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #57
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I hope not. That's not a Taiwanese site, and the 50mm is referring to the piston diameter on their cheapest coilovers. The housing is 57mm, and the more expensive ones have bigger ones.

Anyway, still waiting for shock dynos. Again, not trying to knock Stance, I know a lot of people that run them and love them, but after making a "In our opinion this is the best single adjustable coilover you can buy on the market." claim, I'd hope they're at least respectable. Otherwise that's just laughable, this is Ohlins, Zeal, KW, Bilstein, ect territory. Lets see what they've got.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #58
IMPORTIMAGE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (78)
IMPORTIMAGE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 78 reviews
Send a message via AIM to IMPORTIMAGE
Quote:
Actually the site says 50mm INNER piston size. The outer diameter is 59mm on Fortune Auto.

Whats the INNER diameter on these coilovers?

I didn't want to get involved in this since it's not usually my thing. But state facts.

Thanks.
IMPORTIMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #59
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Vendor battle!

Where's my popcorn?!
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #60
IMPORTIMAGE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (78)
IMPORTIMAGE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 78 reviews
Send a message via AIM to IMPORTIMAGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Vendor battle!

Where's my popcorn?!