Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
Southern Clown

Trader Rating: (0)
Southern Clown is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Having issues with Nissan dealership, need advice.

I just picked up a 1990 single cam auto for my wife for her daily, i knew it had its gremlins but nothing I haven't tackled before with previous cars. So I take it to the Nissan dealership to get the motor for the seatbelt replaced and while it was there have them check to see why my CO for smog was high and not allowing me to pass. They said they would fix the seat belt motor and do the factory recall, and while they waited on parts they would check on that smog issue. The only reason I couldn't do it is cause my wife works the night shift, I have the day shift, we have a new born, and I live in an apt with no garage. So a few days pass and they call me and say they can't replace the seatbelt motor and there is nothing they can do. Being the man that I am and after multiple calls back and forth and a few calls to Nissan headquarters I finally got them to agree to ship a new seatbelt motor from Japan and it will be here in about two weeks.
Now for the fun part, I ask them why my car had a high CO and they said it was because a misfire on week one, week two comes around and they now say that it is because the wires are bad going to the injectors so they have to be replaced but when they order pigtails to replace the ones they say are bad they don't fit and they have to modify my injectors to get the connectors to fit. By this point I just want the car back on the road and I say just make it work.
That night I think well what happens if an injector goes bad? Then I will have to modify all new injectors, I didn't want to do that. The next morning I tell two different service writers to not modify the injectors just modify the the clips that were ordered so future replacement of injectors would be plug and play. They tell me that they will get in contact with the tech working on the car and they will call me on updates. They never called...

Week three, this week Monday, I get a voice mail from the supervisor of the service department saying they just got the new wiring in and modified the injectors to get the clips to fit. I was heated. I don't call back, I decide to just wait for my day off and drive down there and pick up the car and be done with it. So when I arrive at the shop I don't say a word about the injectors, I just ask to see my car. They get the key and show me the car I pop the hood and go straight for the injectors and I see the bright white wiring for the new connectors awkwardly staring at me. I leave the hood up and try to start the cat, battery dead, get a jumper box and start the car.

IDLES LIKE £€^%~#!!!!

The car now shakes more than an etch-a-sketch being erased by Michael J Fox. I am now extremely upset but I keep my cool and ask what's the deal. The tech who worked on my car said that now injector 1 and 4 are not firing due to a bad ecu and they need to replace it. I told the service tech it wasn't running like this when I brought it in and he assured me that it was. The car couldnt move let alone drive out of the lot! How the hell you gonna tell me that the car was like this when i brought it in!?! So now they want me to buy another ecu from a junkyard or have them replace it for $900.

I said I would search for another ecu but after writing this long mess I'm going back in the morning to have them correct their mistake and get my car running again and do it for free!

I could technicaly do that.......right?
Southern Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links