Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
Mr.S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Mr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mr.S14
Military Discount

So I just returned from Afghanistan about four months ago and went straight to Pep Boys for a new car battery to fit in my Legacy GT, well as I payed I glanced outside and noticed the tiny sign Military Discount 10%......well shit my bridges I smiled and said,"Military" and needless to say I got my discount, which brings me to my question...what other stores offer discount for military personnel?, I mean I dont wanna sound cheap, but hey if I need it, why am I going to pay for price.....
Mr.S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
In my experience, almost all of the big auto parts stores offer military discounts.

Same with most fast food establishments.

Hardware stores are hit and miss.

Best bet is to just ask.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
I know the foot actions at the mall by my house has military discounts which come in handy when buying hundred dollar shoes. Most places if I'm making a purchase over $50 I'll ask just to check. Majority of the places don't have military discounts and the staff always say they wished they did because they know that we deserve it.

So best thing to do is just ask, worst thing that they can say is no.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
you'd be suprised, almost everytime i go to a new store ill ask them, especially if im spending a good chunk of change
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
NAPA offers it.
jorge1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i know for a fact autozone,advance auto, and lowes
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Yup, most of the time I just ask. Hell, I got a 15% discount off my AT&T cellphone bill just cuz I asked. Chipotle has military appreciation days where you show up with your ID and you get a free burrito. Between discounts and places having military appreciation days, you can't go wrong.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #8
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Every business should.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #9
Mr.S14
Zilvia Junkie

Mr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Every business should.
I agree
Old 07-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #10
blktopsr20
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (83)
blktopsr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 83 reviews
damn i miss having a military discount. discounted price on top of an already discounted price...
blktopsr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #11
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Mostly all busineses do. The only place I know for sure who doesnt is Vans. I swear that damn business never has any good sales even though they already generate good ass revenue. Assholes.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
Speed Junky
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Speed Junky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Mostly all busineses do. The only place I know for sure who doesnt is Vans. I swear that damn business never has any good sales even though they already generate good ass revenue. Assholes.
Ya their shoes are sweet too. Classic.

I never really cared about the mil discount. I just recently noticed when I was goin through a drive thru at Jack in a Box in ACUs, that they give mil discount..
Speed Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My mom's first husband (who died when my brother was a baby), she gets military access to the base here.. Well she has a military i.d. so she uses the military discount. especially at home depot/lowes etc.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #14
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
My mom's first husband (who died when my brother was a baby), she gets military access to the base here.. Well she has a military i.d. so she uses the military discount. especially at home depot/lowes etc.
Yeah I was going to say that Home Depot has a 10% discount for military
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #15
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Sport Chalet does Police, Fire, Military discounts 10% off.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #16
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Most Buffalo Wild Wings offer it, and Hooters has military appreciation Mondays. I know footaction does almost 20% if I recall correctly. Hot Topic offers it if you're a fan of that stuff and I know Autozone, Pep Boys and a few auto places do. Some advertisers offer it as well you just have to ask. I know ETS-Extreme Turbo Systems offers it on their website

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #17
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
This may or may not sound shitty, but I have the Iwo Jima scene as my theme for my credit card. Everyone always assumes I'm military and gives me a discount. When they mention it, I always try to correct em because I feel shitty for the "deception." Some give me stink eyes, others mention how "smart" it is.

Final thoughts? 'Merica.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #18
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
This may or may not sound shitty, but I have the Iwo Jima scene as my theme for my credit card. Everyone always assumes I'm military and gives me a discount. When they mention it, I always try to correct em because I feel shitty for the "deception." Some give me stink eyes, others mention how "smart" it is.

Final thoughts? 'Merica.
you acknowledge its wrong and try to correct them...why not just get a new card?
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #19
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Because I like the imagery of the flag planting.

One, its badass as fuck.
Two, it is a reminder to me to be less of a wasteful spender, 'is this purchase going to a greater cause?'
Three, its badass as fuck.

SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #20
Mr.S14
Zilvia Junkie

Soooshi, that card is awesome and you have all the right reason as an American, but the fact that you acknowledge and try to correct them, your an honest man, kudos, but i just remembered i went into Farmers boys in my ACUS with my MP buddies(Yes, I am an MP) and my girlfriend.....but they gave me a 10% discount, they have chicken club sandwhices that make me cream my pants
Old 07-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #21
ChrisWantsBoost

ChrisWantsBoost is an unknown quantity at this point
Also, most theatres give military discounts.

I don't feel quite right using this discounts to my advantage. Ha, I need to just man the hell up and get my 10% goin' on.

And we MPs are good buddies to have, S14. =]
ChrisWantsBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #22
Mr.S14
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah LOL especially if you roll onto an active duty base :P
Old 07-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #23
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge1190 View Post
NAPA offers it.
Yeah but fuck NAPA.
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #24
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Home Depot does, just noticed that the other day.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #25
ghost_22_47
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
ghost_22_47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Most places don't post anything like Autozone does, so the key is if your about to pay for somthing then just ask if they do military discounts. No harm no foul thats what I do. Even if you call some place, I can't remember where I was ordering from but I got a nice discount on a set of sway bars and bushings.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:45 AM   #26
thatdrifterguy
Zilvia Junkie

thatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to behold
i wish the bx/commissary had military discount. lol. jk. i keep forgetting to ask for military discounts. good to know which places have now cuz whenever i do remember to ask, its at a place that doesnt have
thatdrifterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:00 AM   #27
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
flat top grill, red lobster in texas(not in illinois), texas roadhouse in texas(not in illinois)
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:50 AM   #28
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Pac Sun has military discount, so does oakley www.usstandardissue.com
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #29
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^ usstandardissue is legit
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #30