Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #1
NismoR003
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
NismoR003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s15 How BAD do you hate your JOB?

I was just wondering how bad do some people hate their jobs, from 1-10.

I'm an Infantryman in the army, and I hate my job, like a 10 for sure, how about you guys.

What do you hate about it?
NismoR003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I rarely hear of enlisted folks complain how they hate their jobs until they’re sent to the sandbox away from their families.
I mean, you have a (mostly) guaranteed paycheck, get discounts on about anything you could want or need, amazing benefits for you and your dependents, housing can be provided in most cases and people respect you for what you do. When you’re done, you have a nice pension and a lifetime of those benefits extended.
Fuck, when I see a uniformed member of the military in public, I THANK them.
You’ll learn to hate a job when you have more and more of someone else’s shit piled on you as a means of keeping you busy enough to stave off a layoff. You’ll learn to hate a job when porous reasoning for half-ass training and unfair compensation for said duties are things you just fucking deal with to make sure your bills are paid. You’ll learn to hate a job when you’re exposed daily to passive aggressive micromanagement. It is normal to hate passive aggressiveness and micromanaging separately, but together they will make you want to scream.
And to think, the options for civilians are worsening as jobs dry up.
I won’t place a number on how much I might happen to dislike my job, because it pays my mortgage and feeds my daughter. There are people who don’t have that.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I don't hate my job at all, just bored. I am a deskside technician, I also do the weekend thing as a deskside tech with the USAFR.
So I'd say a 1-2.

If you hate your job so much OP then maybe you should change your MOS, AFSC, or whatever they call it in the army when you re-enlist. Thats what I did and I couldn't be happier.

Honestly you'd be better off with a job that teaches you a skill you can use in the civilian world, I mean I guess you could be a cop or a prison guard, but if you don't like your current job I'm not sure you'd like those either.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:34 AM   #4
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
I hate my job because they outsourced all the jobs of the people i used to work with to India after those guys all quit to go to better jobs. Also the India staff is not properly trained, suck at communication, refuse to listen when i have a suggestion(yet ask me what to do about things that i know nothing about because they arent my job,) and tend to repeat every message they send and say things are urgent when they really arent.

Also I am incredibly bored. I might go back to working retail honestly.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #5
NismoR003
Leaky Injector

those are good points, yeah i have a steady paycheck, good benefits, but that does not keep me from hating it, i just wish i would picked a different job in the military.

in the army being a soldier and being an infantryman is a whole different thing. an infantryman is a soldier but not all soldiers are infantryman for a reason, not all soldiers deal with the bullshit we deal with.

we actually train hard, for a long time, under the worst conditions, get treated like shit by the whole army, our uniforms always have to look sharp, one example when deployed we go out on missions that take days, come back to the fob forward operating base, all we want to do is eat real food and rest, well after we are done with all of equipment clean up, we go to the eating place we call it dfac, and there is always a bunch of fat high ranking fobbits= people that are not infantry and they never do shit not even get out the wire always stay in the fob eating burger king and shit telling you that your uniform is dirty or your pants are ripped, giving you shit about the smallest details, and all you want is a bite of real food cause u been eating MRE dehydrated food for days, then go take a shower and go to sleep.

its shit like that drives me crazy, we are always expected to work harder, faster, better, and we get treated like shit, some shit we go thru am not even aloud to talk about, the shit that the taxpayers do not know that would blow peoples minds.

i understand the job situation is bad, am just wondering how bad do you hate ur job, not why your lucky to have one

i've not always been in the army i was a civilian before i joined and worked regular jobs earned a college degree, and right now I work hard and get my job done until my contract is over, but I would rather be a freaking homeless for a few years than being in the army. i hate my job a 10
Old 07-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #6
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
1-10? 15.

- Underpaid and overworked (like 90% of us I'm sure)
- boss LOVES to scream and yell so I will eventually go deaf
- no AC unless the room temperature reaches 90
- no OT pay at all
- list goes on, but those are all I can think of for now.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
NismoR003
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
1-10? 15.

- no OT pay at all
no OT pay shit thats illegal unless you're in china ha ha
Old 07-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #8
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Easy on all that motivation phlip. You don't get discounts on anything and you are away from you're family regardless of being deployed or not. That steady pay check is enough to make it to the next paycheck. It's only cool to be in the marines if you aren't a marine or you're on leave. You can't plan on doing anything in your free time because you will likely have duty or a formation that wasn't scheduled. There's no such thing as staying home sick. Your room is smaller than a hotel room and you share it with 2-3 other people that come from low income homes and don't know what hygiene is or how to pickup after themselves. Your room is subject to be searched and often is as if you are a felon in prison not serving your country. You can't own anything nice because it will be stolen eventually. The laundry machines don't work and the one that does is always full because literally 40 people are sharing it. It's better than being homeless I suppose. Also if you stay in for 20 years you get half of your pay for the rest of your life which isn't enough to sustain your lifestyle and family so you have to work at mcdonalds because you don't have an education from college because although you can attend college for free your commander has to sign off on it meaning that sometimes you will be missing training because of class. So they turned down 14 out of 15 of us who signed up. The one that got to attend college for one semester was a pregnant chick who seemed to become pregnant right before each deployment. The best thing that came out of the marines for me was that I learned good work ethic and the gi bill is absolutely amazing. School completely paid for plus 1200 a month for housing.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #9
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
if you dont like your job quit.
Chaluska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #10
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quit the military? Please explain because in my 4 years the only thing that guys got for quitting was being in longer lol.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #11
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

-Work with a bunch of union workers yet I myself am not covered by the union because I am only a "student"
-Got screwed out of easily a couple hundred out of my paycheck because I basically signed an agreement saying "hey, if they fuck my shit up they dont have to fix it"
-No overtime pay
-No paid holidays
-No accumulated sick or vacation leave
-Is SUPPOSED to be an internship type job yet I am months away from being kicked to the curb with no connections whatsoever.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #12
NismoR003
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post
if you dont like your job quit.
if I quit is like quitting at every future job during the interview, am not sure where a dishonorable discharge will take, I hate my job, but am still a man and give my word to serve my contract so i'll finish it, if I dont get blown the f*** out
Old 07-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #13
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoR003 View Post
Seriously. When I worked at Sam's Club as a cashier a few years back, they would work us through our breaks and move our hours around to not pay us OT.

Class action lawsuit was filed and everyone who was employed during that time period was paid. I didn't find out about the lawsuit until a year after I quit. Just got a random letter in the mail stating they were getting sued. They gave me right around $1,000 in the settlement.

The same thing happened to my older brother when he worked for UPS and to my girlfriend when she worked at Subway. Older brother received right around the same amount I did and they're still working on the Subway lawsuit.

I was never one to complain about these things because like Phlip stated, it pays for things and some people don't have that. Just hope these companies learn from this and give people the pay they deserve.

The only job I hated was Pizza Hut (had been unemployed for quite some time and wanted to get a temp job), but I was literally there for only a day. The neighborhoods were bad and all of the stories the employees were telling me on the first day made me think twice about it. I wasn't about to risk getting robbed at gunpoint for a measly $20-$30.

Every other job I've had has been cool. Co-workers were fun to be around with and management wasn't bad. Current job is definitely at 0. Absolutely love it.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #14
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
OP if you have a college degree why did you choose the job that has the lowest ASVAB requirements?

I think its also the most populated career field in the military.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #15
Gizmo_S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Gizmo_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm 22 my jobs boring but it pays for my bills and expenses
On a slow day I sit on my ass and clip shit off a product. On a fast day I'm either hammering away at a Bose speaker cover or snapping rings on a disc. Simple shit really... I work graveyard so I get paid extra as well Oh! And my managers are all pretty chill. The only thing they complain about is being on the phone or listening to music. I work usually 32-48 hours a week, depending how I feel really.

So I hate my job 2 out of 10.

Hachiroku, ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!!!
Gizmo_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #16
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
I work for a Chinese company and for a Chinese boss. LMAO

The OT that we work goes towards our 'vacation days'. More OT you work, more vacation days you can get.

I'm supposed to be working on an upcoming Saturday for a few hours for some event. Going to talk to the boss about this one. I signed a contract stating normal work hours are 9-6pm M-F. If I have to work on a Saturday, I better be getting 1.5x of SOMETHING. I am non-exempt from OT pay according to my job title (not sure about responsibilities since everything gets thrown my way anyway).

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #17
turbobrick
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
turbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I work at a dealership, its only a part time job while I'm in school, but recently things have worse. So I'd say 7 out of 10.
I don't get paid enough and I'm outside in the heat all day. But the worst part is the manager, which has no clue how to run a service department, and thinks everything she does is right and everyone else is wrong.

Only good part is I get to work on my car in the shop when the manager leaves.
turbobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #18
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
it depends what you consider OT.

I work for a defense contractor, and my OT is about 80% of my normal pay (lowest salary of same paygrade). I pretty much consider that no OT eventho i hit it by an hour or two weekly.

and i dont hate my job since thats the topic of hte thread. 2-3.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #19
biggie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
biggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to biggie
Salaried jobs that don't pay OT keep many large businesses going. My old job (mainframe programming) was nothing to work 70-80 hrs a week during the busy season and be in all weekend, no OT at all.

Current one isnt too bad, hardly ever work more than 40hrs/week (though I still wouldn't get OT pay if I did work more), and only worked for about 1 hr on one Saturday in my 4yrs+ here, so never any weekends. Just wished the pay was higher, too many salary freezes and slow/hard to find carreer progression.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #20
NismoR003
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
OP if you have a college degree why did you choose the job that has the lowest ASVAB requirements?

I think its also the most populated career field in the military.
when I get out i'm gona apply with some federal law enforcement agencies thats what I always wanted to, i got a BS in criminal justice, i wanted 4 years of combat arms experience federal agencies prefer combat arms experience, i figure a lot of people apply with just college other apply with just military experience, if i have both i got better chances.

I have gained a lot of skills, and a dude shooting at me with an 9mm dont really scare me anymore compared to the shit we are exposed to here
Old 07-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #21
misterdumby
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
misterdumby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I currently don't have a job... so I hate that
misterdumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #22
alexanderig
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
alexanderig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I hate my job it's probably a 10 at this point I work with lazy people that cannot speak English in a store where the primary customers only speak English. But even though I hate it it really doesn't phase me seeing this is just a temporary job while I'm in college and will not be my career. Also they don't give ot or time and a half on major holidays
alexanderig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #23
RB180sxChris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
RB180sxChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
1-10? 15.

- no OT pay at all
I can relate to this on point...fucking hate my job the only reason why I'm still here is because the hours work with my schedule during the week......
RB180sxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #24
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
NickIsAZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
This makes me feel better about my jobs since I can honestly say I've never worked a job that I hated. I've worked as a service tech at a few dealerships, most of them were always laid back. Done graphic design for a good while, vinyl/wrap installs and the worse thing about that is being out in the heat. Since I was a contract worker I was paid per job, not by hour so it was worth it. I've worked in restaurants in the past too and loved it, those were the most laid back jobs I've ever had. Now I work half in a graphics shop and half in a performance shop. 10am-4pm I sit in the a/c dealing with maybe 4 customers a day, sitting on the internet, hustling parts online and making decals. After 6pm I'm out in the shop working on customers cars (usually s-chassis), friends cars, or my own and I get paid on what I do.

So my hatred level for my job... 1/10 The only thing I hate is the heat, so I work around it.
NickIsAZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #25
g00se
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
g00se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I am about to be laid off and am in a pretty bad situation. As long as you have a stable occupation enjoy the paycheck. At least you wont be evicted.
g00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #26
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I run a sports store part time while I'm finishing up college. It's great, I spend most of my time browsing Zilvia. 100% flexible with my schedule. I can work 40 hours a week or 20 (and anything in between). Overtime pay is time and a half. Pay isn't that great but it gets the bills paid.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #27
XiaoAZN
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
XiaoAZN is making his/her stupidity well-knownXiaoAZN is making his/her stupidity well-knownXiaoAZN is making his/her stupidity well-knownXiaoAZN is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Currently a call center rep for a popular gaming company.

I spend a lot of my time sitting here talking to idiots. I'm actually talking to one now.

Pay isn't great, but it pays the bills.

Rating is probably a 4/10 on the scale.
XiaoAZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #28
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoAZN View Post
Currently a call center rep for a popular gaming company.

I spend a lot of my time sitting here talking to idiots. I'm actually talking to one now.

Pay isn't great, but it pays the bills.

Rating is probably a 4/10 on the scale.
i had a call center job, it sucked having to deal with stupid people but we got 1 month paid vacation every year and double time and a half if you worked holidays. that made up for it.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #29
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
I hate the ever-loving shit out of my job.

But you know what? It's a fucking job.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #30
dat411kid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dat411kid is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I love my job. When I work.

so 1/10.