Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #61
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
our 10am update is just 'got parts'... how lame is this guy...

I have sexy pics on Joe's website, go check out the 'free trial' (aka pics page).

Joe I love the fact that you're not trying to use the EGR, its ghey, and that's all there is to it. I know a few people with stock engines, no EGR or AIV, stock ECU, and they pass the sniffer test, so including the AIV even without a retune might be alright. Anyhow, retune's good for the soul, and should (hopefully) take you far, far away from the NOx cutoff line.

Resume pics/solid build please.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #62
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Sorry I would have pics but my camera is dead. in the meantime I'm pinning out the S13 DCC controller, I will post that later too.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
Old 05-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #63
J-Style
Zilvia Addict

J-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant future
I have a good picture of your car Joe, but I don't know how to resize it! I will also get you a picture of my LegalJDM sticker soon!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #64
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Day 7
Monday May 21, 2007
Finally got my parts in today, but since my camera battery was dead first thing, I went ahead and pinned out all of the wires for the digital climate control I want to put in later. Once my battery was charged, I opened the box of gaskets, to take the valve stem seals out and down to the machine shop.

Then I took off the timing chain guide that holds the chain on, the top bolt came loose easily but the bottom one was a huge pain. I started to strip it out with the 6mm allen wrench, so I stepped up to a 1/4” allen, which also started to spin. Luckily however I had an impact remover which spins as you hit it and broke that sucker loose. Then I replaced the timing chain, it had a regular silver link instead of the gold one to line up the crankshaft with, so I took a paint pen and painted it gold. Then I lined it up with the marks on the crank, put the chain guide back in and carefully tightened the bolts back up.

Finally I torqued them down per the FSM. Next I got some Permatex Ultra Grey liquid gasket and added a bead to the timing cover.
At first I put in in the ridge of the cover, then realized I was being an idiot and put in the groove where it is supposed to go. I let it sit for about two minutes then slapped that baby onto the block and torqued it down.

Next I put on the new oil pick-up, put back in the upper baffle and added a bead of Ultra Grey to the oil pan,
then put in on the block and torqued it to spec.

Here you can see the difference between this pick-up and the one that came with the motor.

Next I added the lower baffle.

Then I added the water pump, thermostat housing and water neck, followed by the accessory brackets. Finally I torqued everything down. Now I’m just waiting on the head.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #65
JustinStrife

JustinStrife will become famous soon enoughJustinStrife will become famous soon enoughJustinStrife will become famous soon enoughJustinStrife will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to JustinStrife Send a message via Yahoo to JustinStrife
s13

Keep it up man. Been following you on Nico. Would love to get my S13 legal here.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #66
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

I think the coolest thing out of this whole project isnt getting the stock 240 legal, its that my boss wants to get a 400hp SR street legal.
8==========

He's talking about doing stages.
Stock
stage one- intake, downpipe...
stage two- cams, header...
stage three- bigger turbo, bigger injectors...

Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 PM   #67
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
you do realized that enlarged passage on the one that came with your motor was to increase the amount of oil the motor would take in. Thats a typical mod that has been used by j-land guys for a long time. if you watch the silvia/180sx tuning guide video. they show that. plus its been in options mags years ago.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
Old 05-22-2007, 11:47 PM   #68
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

your talking about hte pickup?

Old 05-23-2007, 12:31 AM   #69
SDS13COUPE
Zilvia FREAK!

SDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant future
Love for you and the nice build.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:38 AM   #70
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
yup at the pick up

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
Old 05-23-2007, 02:03 AM   #71
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
enlarge ur pick up
or get a late model one!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:08 AM   #72
drifting_changed_mylife
Zilvia Junkie

drifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to drifting_changed_mylife
Quote:
Originally Posted by tknbkthrsdy4anfg View Post
Does anyone else see whats wrong with this?
dude i hate HATE HATE!!!! ups! they really need to rethink the way they run their business. i hate tons of parts comming from ca to nyc and every time i would request that the package be signed for. and not only did the mother fuckers leave amost 1000 bucks in parts at the wrong address, they just left it on their porch!!!! and i mean ny is not the safest of all places so some crack head could have came and scooped up the boxxes and then what....... dude sometines i would rather use usps

anyways great job on the thread, its pretty awsome! keep the pics comming for us noobs!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:21 AM   #73
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
I've had the same thing happen w/ usps (100's of dollars of parts left on a doorstep when they were supposed to be signed for)... it just depends on the person delivering the package... if they decide that they actually wanna do wtf they are getting paid for that day.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:05 AM   #74
matixx

matixx is a well-known jackass
this is an awesome thread man! i hope this goes together well and you can get this legalized!!!

oh and i hate ups as well. i only use fedex now... i have shipped rare parts with only stretch wrap on them and arrived without a single scratch and i have had packages lost and was taken care of really well.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:29 AM   #75
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Which late model pickup? Part number?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:30 AM   #76
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Im pretty sure he's talking about a S14 pickup, the one I took off looked like the one in the S14 FSM

Old 05-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #77
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
coming along clean really clean mate. congratulations keep it up. I wanna see this result. then maby we can start with my RB? =]

Review Thread
Old 05-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #78
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

teehee sounds like a plan to me
except I saw ur set up, there is no sidemount in the pitcha!

Old 05-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #79
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
Great thread!!! Keep up the good work and let us know how we can help!!

......other than money cause I'm a broke bitch at the moment.......
Old 05-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #80
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Well since I haven't gotten the head back, right now I'm tearing down the RHD dash harness to pull out the DCC parts, man this is a sticky mess. I guess Kouki 180's didnt have a subharness for the DCC, all there was was DCC

Old 05-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #81
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to cmcdougle
Subscribed. This is exciting!
Old 05-23-2007, 08:32 PM   #82
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Day 8
Wednesday May 23, 2007
I started off today tearing the digital climate contol harness out of the JDM dash harness. Then I took apart the intake manifold and cleaned the plenum, runners and air injection and throttle body. They were all pretty bad.

Then I put in new gaskets and torqued everything back down.

Next I went to the machine shop and picked up my head. He cleaned up all the ports and gave it a 3 angle valve job. He also put in a spacer to help the valve seal and prevent valve float.

Next I put on the head gasket and set the head on top.

Next I went ahead and bled the lifters. I used two cups of motor oil and 1/16th inch diameter piece of filler rod to pump the lifters. I used one cup to bleed them in and another to store them.

It was a little tricky because each one had a sweet spot that would bleed alot out, but if you weren’t right on the spot, it would make you think it was done. However I got all 8 bled out and ready to put in.

Then I torqued down the head bolts per the FSM.

I didn’t actually use the spinner to torque them. Instead I brought out brutus the breaker bar.

Friday I should be able to get the top end back together and be one step closer to being done.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #83
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
nice build, is that a 959 in the second to last pic?
Old 05-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #84
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Yea
msglgnth!

Old 05-23-2007, 10:28 PM   #85
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Wow, never seen someone actually this deep into cleaning. I am impressed!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #86
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

I would have taken everything down to bare metal media blasting, thats what I did with my 5 lug swap, but I just dont have the money and my boss doesn't really care. I dont really either, when we start making more power I'll make it look mo bettah.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #87
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xblack240x
Keep us updated, haven't checked on this for awhile, but its looking so good so far, and I like your bosses idea

Last edited by xblack240x; 05-27-2007 at 10:14 PM..
Old 05-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #88
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

*ahem* my idea

Old 05-24-2007, 12:39 AM   #89
4thHorse
Zilvia Member

4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice
Don't worry if the Porsche isn't in the shop when you get back. I might bring it back ... and with a full tank.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:52 AM   #90
Yum-Yum
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Yum-Yum is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
lol so you torqued them going by angle and turns? I'm not saying that doesn't work well but if any of your threading in your block was stretched, messed up it may throw things off for ya... but im guessing you had no problems.

did ya just go w/ stock studs?
Closed Thread