Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-26-2005, 01:37 AM   #31
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mine is a sparco lap5 all black, I've try to use a spacer but it's too long 50mm and don't like it, now I'll wait for a 20mm one.
Nice turn signal extender!!

I've always loved the steering wheels quick release but don't know how to buy a good one without have too much spacer in add to my hub..
(damn english!! D: )
hotrodv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2005, 08:36 AM   #32
2JZGTE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 2JZGTE Send a message via MSN to 2JZGTE
Well, my steering wheel started coming off today. The HKB hub I got is sh#t. I am going to try to find a better hub. Anybody have other brands besides HKB?

R35 GT-R, R32 GT-R, Supra, S13, S14, FD3S
2JZGTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:45 AM   #33
biggie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
biggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to biggie
I can't live without an aftermarket wheel now, damn huge legs.

Momo knockoff, SPW 320mm black/red stitching. Hub, 25mm spacer, and D2 quick release. Big hands do solve the turn signal problem.

Horn works, very slight modding of wheel button. Cruise unit took out of OEM wheel, rewired, and mounted under the steering column.

Last edited by biggie; 04-27-2005 at 01:56 PM..
biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:45 PM   #34
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaDriver
most hubs will make you lose the CC anyways, but you can rewire it to make th ehorn and CC work

if u dont want the hub, how much u want for it?

I'll sell it for $40 I guess, All hubs make you loose CC, but the little peg thing to make the electrical connection between hub and horn on a CC equiped steering column is too far out. or my car is just weird. But, if you want it for $40 + shipping, let me know.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #35
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JZGTE
Well, my steering wheel started coming off today. The HKB hub I got is sh#t. I am going to try to find a better hub. Anybody have other brands besides HKB?

Jspec has Nismo ones. I never had a problem with it coming off though..... and I beat on the wheel alot (PS only works at like 50% and beginner drifter monkeying around with wheel = Steerign wheel)

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #36
biggie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
biggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to biggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee
All hubs make you loose CC,
You can just take the buttons out and rewire and relocate though. Mine works fine under steering column and is even unseen.

Last edited by biggie; 04-27-2005 at 02:30 PM..
biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:25 PM   #37
MikeDeuce
Zilvia Member

MikeDeuce is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I have a barely used Nismo hub just sitting around (purchased from JSPEC.com originally, then swapped out for a quick release + hub combo after a week). Feel free to make me an offer: [email protected]
Old 04-29-2005, 01:15 AM   #38
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Some advice of where I can buy a quick release for s14??
Old 04-29-2005, 01:17 AM   #39
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
www.splparts.com
www.jspec.com
Old 04-29-2005, 01:36 AM   #40
rancid240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (72)
rancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi
I just got my MOMO Competition w/FET QR hub, sooo much nicer... just odd having my turn signal arm so far from the wheel, that took some getting used to...

I LOVE my new wheel tho, its so much better... just haven't figured out how to wire the horn :/ Anyone know if it's fine that hte S13 momo hub only touches (fully) 1 of the 3 contacts? I'm hoping I didn't get sent the wrong hub or something... all my instructions are either in chinese or german or italian... big help.
Most hubs only have one ring, for the horn. those other two rings are for cruise control.
rancid240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:39 AM   #41
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

Is it all as 50mm spacer..damn!! I don't fell fine with 50mm more..I need at least 20/30mm
Dumb question..there's the possibilty that the steering wheels came off when u drive? I ask cause here I've never seen one..
Old 04-29-2005, 02:24 AM   #42
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
ive never heard of the wheel coming off, SOME people say some QRs have little play and others dont.

i believe HKB japan makes 20-30spacers
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:47 PM   #43
2JZGTE
Zilvia Junkie

2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaDriver
ive never heard of the wheel coming off, SOME people say some QRs have little play and others dont.

i believe HKB japan makes 20-30spacers
Yea, 2 of my bolts backed out and the wheel then vibrated the rest of the bolts out in a matter of 2 days because of the extra play in the wheel. Thanks for the offers guys, but I found a way to mount the wheel on the HKB more solid.

I'd like a quick release for mine but am worried about getting one that has play. I'll probably just hold off on it until I drive one in person that seems nice and tight.

Old 05-01-2005, 08:51 PM   #44
BOMEX180
Zilvia Junkie

BOMEX180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Personal and Work using Boss hub with NRG quick release(which is for sale). Might switch to Splash hub which is only 1.5in thick + the raphix quick release should be in stock length

Last edited by BOMEX180; 05-01-2005 at 10:00 PM..
BOMEX180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:56 PM   #45
susuki1220
Zilvia Member

susuki1220 is a well-known jackass
MOMO RACE! i love it but i want to switch to nardi soon......
susuki1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #46
Thieu
Zilvia Member

Thieu is an unknown quantity at this point
Grant 1064.... Cheap.. decent quality...feels great...

I've already blacked out the red "GRANT" and am going to get a Nissan horn button in the near future.
Thieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #47
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

zero.counter is making a name for him/her selfzero.counter is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to zero.counter
Pilot Hub and steering wheel on the S14. Works fine with a rewired horn..
zero.counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 09:58 PM   #48
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
anyone with the Grant racing wheels know of any spacers that are compatible with them?

i need to space mine out a good 50mm or more

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:04 PM   #49
BOMEX180
Zilvia Junkie

BOMEX180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
anyone with the Grant racing wheels know of any spacers that are compatible with them?

i need to space mine out a good 50mm or more
Does Grand steering wheels have 6 holes? There are quickrelease/spacers that are universal like L2 or NRG.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #50
Thieu
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMEX180
Does Grand steering wheels have 6 holes? There are quickrelease/spacers that are universal like L2 or NRG.
Grants are 5 holes... Grant does makees spacers (from website):

2" Extension kit. Installs between Grant installation kit and steering wheel to allow for additional clearance. Black rubber styling sleeve in matte black finish, inner collar and Grade 5 hardware for extra strength, ruggedness and durability.

1" Spacer kit. Use with Grant Signature series steering wheels. Replaces standard GT styling sleeve and reduces overall dish by 1 inch. Matte black.

1" Spacer kit. Use with Grant Signature series steering wheels. Replaces standard GT styling sleeve and reduces overall dish by 1 inch. Polished aluminum.

2" Spacer kit. Use with Grant Signature series steering wheels. Replaces standard GT styling sleeve. Polished aluminum.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:27 PM   #51
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
those replace the install kit tho...

i want something to go ON TOP of that

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 05-01-2005, 10:36 PM   #52
Thieu
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
those replace the install kit tho...

i want something to go ON TOP of that

2" Extension kit. Installs between Grant installation kit and steering wheel to allow for additional clearance. Black rubber styling sleeve in matte black finish, inner collar and Grade 5 hardware for extra strength, ruggedness and durability.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:58 PM   #53
Ian
Post Whore!

i have that one

the install kit is the little circular plate

i have the "extension kit"

i want something to go on top of that

i might end up having to shell out for a whole new wheel setup...wheel, hub, NRG QR :-\

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 05-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #54
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Yea, 2 of my bolts backed out and the wheel then vibrated the rest of the bolts out in a matter of 2 days because of the extra play in the wheel. Thanks for the offers guys, but I found a way to mount the wheel on the HKB more solid.

I'd like a quick release for mine but am worried about getting one that has play. I'll probably just hold off on it until I drive one in person that seems nice and tight.
odd
ive run a HKB hub for mm 3 years? never had problem
have another HKB hub on my s14. a-ok
got another for my beater s13, should be fine too
pink box for the s13s
green for the s14
all from jspec.com
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:40 PM   #55
locodrftr
Zilvia Member

locodrftr is an unknown quantity at this point
got my steering wheel from skyline, r33 or something, it fine and it was only 50 bucks, good grip but no horn and have to click turn signal thing up all the time otherwise it keeps signaling
locodrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:08 AM   #56
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouki
If you want the passenger airbag to still work, and the srs light to be off after installation of an aftermarket steering wheel, you just take an multimeter, set it to ohms, and test the resistance through the airbag its self, get a resistor that is equal to that value, and stick it in the plug on the steering column, and the light goes out, and if in a wreck, the passenger bag will still blow, and the resistor placed on the drivers side will just burn out. Cheap and easy alternative to buying the fancy hubs with that built in.
NOT A GOOD IDEA SENDING ANY SORT OF VOLTAGE THROUGH AN AIR BAG SYSTEM WILL SET IT OFF, and POSSIBLY INJURE SOMEONE,

I HAVE SET OF AIRBAGS WITH AA battery.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:26 AM   #57
2JZGTE
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
odd
ive run a HKB hub for mm 3 years? never had problem
have another HKB hub on my s14. a-ok
got another for my beater s13, should be fine too
pink box for the s13s
green for the s14
all from jspec.com
My HKB box was green, hmm.
My car is s13.

I have to run the bolts all the way through the hub now and install nut on the other side to secure the wheel. Maybe my green box HKB was wrong. Tnx for the heads up aaron.

billy

Old 05-02-2005, 11:39 AM   #58
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
yeah iirc green box is for s14...
pink is what i see for s13 usually.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:38 PM   #59
jjwilks240
Leaky Injector

jjwilks240 is making a name for him/her selfjjwilks240 is making a name for him/her selfjjwilks240 is making a name for him/her self

my momo wheel
dont hit my knees anymore
like it
Old 05-02-2005, 07:36 PM   #60
DRO916
Zilvia Addict

DRO916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DRO916 Send a message via Yahoo to DRO916
nardi 350mm rally deep corn summthin summmthin summthin