Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-25-2005, 09:07 AM   #1
ren
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
who's got aftermarket steering wheel?

I bought a momo racing and waiting for the hubs.

so, what's your impression on the after market steering wheel? and how do you report to the insurance company ?

thanks
ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2005, 09:10 AM   #2
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
report it to the insurance company?

bad idea man...

you're removing safety equipment...that's grounds for them to drop your policy (assuming you have airbags that you're taking out)

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:18 AM   #3
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
you're not supposed to tamper with the airbag system.

that means you don't report it to the insurance company. also your airbag light is going to be on 24/7 when you disconnect the one on the steering wheel, and you won't be able to pass vehicle inspection.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
raen419
Zilvia Member

raen419 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raen419
i have s13, so no air bag system.
i've had a couple of steering wheels.
only one i truly like is my latest, r32 gts-t wheel.

many people remove the air bag system, but yeah, your insurance will more than likely drop you if you report it.
raen419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:16 AM   #5
BoroBoroS13
Zilvia Addict

BoroBoroS13 is on a distinguished road
I love my momo monte carlo... Cheap, simple, and classic
Old 04-25-2005, 10:25 AM   #6
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Nardi Gara3:

... Looks/feels great while I sit at the computer making frog noises and shouting random japanese gibberish... In other words, it ain't in the car yet

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:00 AM   #7
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
its great compared to stock. you get a better feel w/ the steering wheel
driftsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:06 AM   #8
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
momo race vs stock = no comparison. smaller, better, stiffer, much higher quality. luckily i have an S13 that only had GAYtomatic seatbelts as safety devices.

i dont need no stinkin' air bag.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:07 PM   #9
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
I just got my MOMO Competition w/FET QR hub, sooo much nicer... just odd having my turn signal arm so far from the wheel, that took some getting used to...

I LOVE my new wheel tho, its so much better... just haven't figured out how to wire the horn :/ Anyone know if it's fine that hte S13 momo hub only touches (fully) 1 of the 3 contacts? I'm hoping I didn't get sent the wrong hub or something... all my instructions are either in chinese or german or italian... big help.

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:19 PM   #10
SlowCoupe
Zilvia Junkie

SlowCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SlowCoupe
i have a KTS steering wheel with a HBK hub and my horn works with a little modding...and this is on a s13...good thing i didn;t have an airbag system
SlowCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:37 PM   #11
d4vech3n
Zilvia Member

d4vech3n is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a nardi steering whel on my s14. Just don't let the insurance company know about it. I think the credit for airbag is $33 so you'll be paying that much more if so. I dont know how it works but I haven't reported it to them.

Nardi classic is alot nicer than the huge bulky oem steering wheel. You can see the guages easier and grip the wheel better. I'd def recommend a spacer, it makes the car drive more comfortably instead of having your arms stretched out.
d4vech3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:12 PM   #12
ren
Leaky Injector

ren is an unknown quantity at this point
here is a little mod to the turn signal switch.

ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:46 PM   #13
kanekz
Zilvia Addict

kanekz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy
you're not supposed to tamper with the airbag system.

that means you don't report it to the insurance company. also your airbag light is going to be on 24/7 when you disconnect the one on the steering wheel, and you won't be able to pass vehicle inspection.
Just wondering what you meant by not passing vehicle inspection. Do you mean for the insurance co., DMV, track tech? I ask because im debating on wether to get the S14 steering hub that comes with the SRS indicator remover, but costs a few bucks extra. I could live with the light on IMO.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:47 PM   #14
MikeDeuce
Zilvia Member

MikeDeuce is an unknown quantity at this point
Clever! You should start selling those on ebay (CARBON LOOK JDM TURN SIGNAL EXTENDER)... hmm or I should make a trip to the bike store.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:20 PM   #15
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
i didn't notice the turn signals being out of reach with my hub and wheel.

...then again, i am a big bad texan
Old 04-25-2005, 02:58 PM   #16
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanekz
Just wondering what you meant by not passing vehicle inspection. Do you mean for the insurance co., DMV, track tech? I ask because im debating on wether to get the S14 steering hub that comes with the SRS indicator remover, but costs a few bucks extra. I could live with the light on IMO.
i live with it too.

i live in jersey... and i was referring to DMV smog. naturally if any of your idiot check lights are on -> instant fail.

not a terribly big deal, as it's easy to put your stock wheel back on every inspection. just make sure you do it right so the airbag doesnt explode in your face... lol.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:30 PM   #17
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
i didn't notice the turn signals being out of reach with my hub and wheel.

...then again, i am a big bad texan
They're not out of reach, just a little awkward, not as comfortable as before, but then I have little girly asian hands so....

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:37 PM   #18
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi
They're not out of reach, just a little awkward, not as comfortable as before, but then I have little girly asian hands so....
man don't tell him such things about our peoples!

don't listen to him... we asians have huge hands. and you know what they say about guys with huge hands...
Old 04-25-2005, 03:39 PM   #19
MakotoS13
BANNED

of course i do... cause i HAVE huge hands.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:41 PM   #20
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy
man don't tell him such things about our peoples!

don't listen to him... we asians have huge hands. and you know what they say about guys with huge hands...
They need big gloves??

I'm rocking a Nardi Classic, all black, on my S13. Glad I didn't have an airbag to worry about.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:28 PM   #21
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
unless u get a cage w/ seats and 4-5 point harness, theres no need to remove the airbag. keep the stock wheel, spend money on brakes...
Old 04-25-2005, 06:07 PM   #22
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee

nardi Classic, Panda Garage quick release, HKB hub, which I need to sell. HKB hub is made for a car without cruise control, on a cruise equiped steering column, the little prong for the horn is too far out. d'oh. Just figured this out when messing with a steering wheel for a friends car w/o CC, and trying to put my old stock wheel on his. Damn.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:13 PM   #23
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 91CRXsiR Send a message via MSN to 91CRXsiR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee

nardi Classic, Panda Garage quick release, HKB hub, which I need to sell. HKB hub is made for a car without cruise control, on a cruise equiped steering column, the little prong for the horn is too far out. d'oh. Just figured this out when messing with a steering wheel for a friends car w/o CC, and trying to put my old stock wheel on his. Damn.

that is one bigass shiftknob/dildo
91CRXsiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:19 PM   #24
007jpang
Zilvia Junkie

007jpang is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

where did you buy that shift knob... i want a pink one

john

April 24th, 1915
http://www.shockdrifting.com
007jpang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:15 PM   #25
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
Quote:
most hubs will make you lose the CC anyways, but you can rewire it to make th ehorn and CC work

if u dont want the hub, how much u want for it?
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #26
d4vech3n
Zilvia Member

d4vech3n is an unknown quantity at this point
Turn signal is out of reach if you have a spacer, it's basically oem distance if you just have the hub and wheel. Sorry if that makes you guys feel any less manly.

Get rid of that huge bulky wheel. It's easy to break a peice when taking it out so just start buying your inspections like most people here. The NJ DMV will fail you if your car is on coilovers or even noticably lowered.

I also removed the passanger airbag to get rid of that unnecessary weight. This was before they invented that s14 airbag hub. It's a pain in the ass to take out the dash. I also wraped the airbag light in electrical tape so it won't annoy me and took out my check engine light because i still had an auto ECU (after 5 speed conversion).

I've heard stories of how airbags went off when hitting cones or hitting harsh bumps. Everybody knows s14 airbag isn't jdm.
d4vech3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #27
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanekz
I ask because im debating on wether to get the S14 steering hub that comes with the SRS indicator remover, but costs a few bucks extra. I could live with the light on IMO.
where did you find one for a few bucks extra? the cheapest place ive seen that sells a SRS remover for a hub is HKB and Nismo, both are over 100, HKB's one is about 106 shipped.

the indicator remover doesnt just remove the light, it bypasses the light and makes the passenger airbag STILL FUNCTIONAL. if you get a hub that leaves the light on, the light means the ECU cannot read the airbag sensor so BOTH driverside airbag [dont have one anymore with an aftermarket wheel] and the passenger airbag doesnt work. as stated above the hubs withthe SRS remover lets the passenger airbag still continue to work fine.
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:42 PM   #28
2JZGTE
Zilvia Junkie

2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 2JZGTE Send a message via MSN to 2JZGTE
Nardi classic with brushed spokes like 240trainee. I love it. No airbag in mine either. Just pull off and swap.

R35 GT-R, R32 GT-R, Supra, S13, S14, FD3S
2JZGTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:42 PM   #29
Kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Kouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you want the passenger airbag to still work, and the srs light to be off after installation of an aftermarket steering wheel, you just take an multimeter, set it to ohms, and test the resistance through the airbag its self, get a resistor that is equal to that value, and stick it in the plug on the steering column, and the light goes out, and if in a wreck, the passenger bag will still blow, and the resistor placed on the drivers side will just burn out. Cheap and easy alternative to buying the fancy hubs with that built in.
Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:01 AM   #30
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
Momo Champion, Momo Hub, L2 Quickrelease. and no horn function either. I need a working horn with assclowns here in riverside.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote