Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
DamnedButDetermined
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
DamnedButDetermined is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Best Book/DVD for Forced Induction Theory???

Before I start building anything I want to know as much as I can about forced induction theory. For time reasons I would really like for there to be a comprehensive DVD with all the same information as a technical book, so I do not have to set aside weeks/months to get through a long book.

So what have you guys watched/read and how helpful was it?

Zac
DamnedButDetermined is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. It's basically the bible of forced induction literature.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Turbo: Real-World High-Performance Turbocharger Systems (S-A Design) by Jay K. Miller

If your a first time reader into engineering and turbo stuff this is a good way to start, it's simple and decently detailed into turbochargers.
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. It's basically the bible of forced induction literature.
damn beat me to it, this is one of the best books out there, get it OP
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
DamnedButDetermined
Zilvia Addict

So there are no good DVD's about forced induction theory/principles? I know there are the 240sxdvd collection that are good for people building a turbo 240 but I was hoping for more theory and less about installation.

I wonder if I can get the Corky Bell book as an audio book I really don't have the time to read a long book, but I can listen to one all day. I am a plastic fabricator so i am constantly welding/cutting/designing so having headphones on will work great for me.

Zac
Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
What are you looking to build? There's enough info available on the Internet for most anything if you know how to search. Sure you could read a long winded book but if you have an engine picked out do research on that specific thing. There's entire boards dedicated to Ka-t's and sr's.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
DamnedButDetermined
Zilvia Addict

Man i feel like an idiot...Once i saw the cover of Maximum Boost I thought I had seen that before. I went to my bookshelf and low and behold I already owned it I guess I had this same thought 8 years ago when I was originally into 240's.

I am going to use the KA24DE as my platform and i know about KA-T.org but for some reason they will not send me the activation link so i can join I will be searching those boards extensively and looking at other peoples builds but that will only teach you so much. They will say what pieces they used, but they will not go into explanation as to why they needed to pick those parts. That is where the theory and principles books/DVDs would help.

Zac
Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Agreed!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote