Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Central States

North Central States Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
BHack3tt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
BHack3tt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What would you do!?!?!? Please Help!

I threw in an s13 sr20det into my 95 240sx and did everything in the swap except for the turbo and oil lines and my s15 front end conversion.

I asked around local shops (in the Indianapolis Area) and had been referred to this "unmentioned" shop by multiple people. I gave them the car and ALL PARTS needed to finish the job. They have done full body fixes on lotuses, lambos, etc and have done an amazing job! I dropped my car off early January 2011, with the expectation of them getting it running and the conversion looking great by February 19th (the day I had to turn in my lease and would be without a car).

It is now almost MAY!!!! and still no car.

I call/text the shop and the owner's cell phone every day and I am lucky to get one or two texts back a week. I am needless to say... FRUSTRATED with the whole situation. Communication is horrible, and at first they kept saying they couldn't get it running, and now they keep saying that it is a timing issue that they are trying to figure out.

He said he thinks it is either the ecu or the angle cam sensor, so I called empalthy (the guy who rom tuned my ecu), and he said to have the shop call him to work through some common small issues that could effect the timing. So then I gave the owner his contact information multiple times and still no word if he has even called the guy.

I am trying to stay understanding in this whole situations, but my Christian values are fading fast with how frustrating this whole situation has been for me. Anyone have any ideas what I should do. I am scared if I just go get the car that I will have to pay an arm and a leg just for me to have to take it to another shop to get it going.
BHack3tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
theboy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
theboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What about going to the shop? Theres no reason you cant go see the car you own. They cant turn you away from your property unless you have an outstanding bill with them. On top of that when you get there and ask whats up with the car, then call enthalpy up and get whomever on the phone with the guy who is putting your car together. That way you know he talked to the tuner. If you took your car to a body shop, why would you have them finish your motor? That puzzles me.

And for my honest answer on your subject. I wouldve just finished the motor build and got it running. And i mean running as good as it should be running. Then done the front end conversion. If i didnt have a welder, then i wouldve gone to the body guys. Maaco doesnt do motors and trans'.
theboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:15 AM   #3
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Its been five months - if they haven't had time to bolt shit on, just take your car out of there.
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote