Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #361
Atljunglist
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Atljunglist is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sick ass build and fab work. I just looked through the entire build on that other forum and i couldnt stop i had to check out all 27 pages. Great work man.
Btw Gav, How much crack do you sell for all those premo parts??

Last edited by Atljunglist; 03-19-2007 at 07:51 PM..
Atljunglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #362
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Thanks guys....haha yeah Logan, in ABQ the cops only care if your muffler *looks* loud, not if youre spraying outside, lol!

Atljunglist, lmao at that one!! I work hard at 2 jobs and still go to school full time to afford this...plus my girlfriend is VERY understanding <3. Thanks for looking through everything....Im flattered anyone would take the time to dig through it all!

Updates soon I promise!!

-Gav
Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #363
Atljunglist
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster
Thanks guys....haha yeah Logan, in ABQ the cops only care if your muffler *looks* loud, not if youre spraying outside, lol!

Atljunglist, lmao at that one!! I work hard at 2 jobs and still go to school full time to afford this...plus my girlfriend is VERY understanding <3. Thanks for looking through everything....Im flattered anyone would take the time to dig through it all!

Updates soon I promise!!

-Gav
Well you do great work. I just got certified in Mig welding and i am in the process of getting certified in TIG as well. Fabricating and cars interest me and it was interesting to see what all can be done with welding/fab work to make a car great. Besides the standard welding/ bending pipe for the Intercooler and such. Im just amazed, from the tack welds on the floor pan to the custom made motor mounts, the custom cage and everything in between.
Great job man keep the updates coming.
Atljunglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #364
big_schaf
Zilvia Member

big_schaf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atljunglist
Sick ass build and fab work. I just looked through the entire build on that other forum and i couldnt stop i had to check out all 27 pages. Great work man.
Btw Gav, How much crack do you sell for all those premo parts??
there's only 13 pages
btw keep updating, its looking good
Old 03-19-2007, 09:30 PM   #365
kodama
Leaky Injector

kodama is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kodama
Looking good man, lemme know when you can come make me the IC piping.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:32 PM   #366
blackflag_Rms13
Zilvia FREAK!

blackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_schaf
there's only 13 pages
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atljunglist
I just looked through the entire build on that other forum and i couldnt stop i had to check out all 27 pages.

Still needs cowbell! Haha, great work Gavster...
blackflag_Rms13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #367
Atljunglist
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_schaf
there's only 13 pages
btw keep updating, its looking good
I said on the OTHER SITE!!! Like this one from the original post
http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/in...howtopic=31576
and..... yes it is 27 pages in case you were wondering.
God, this is why i dont say shit on this site cause everyone is so ready to freakin flame someone!! Read and comprehend before you start talkin shit.
NE ways good job Gav. Sorry had to vent.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:08 PM   #368
StickNMove

StickNMove is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good..... What size tubing(looks 1.5), and wall thickness did you use for the rollcage??

Last edited by StickNMove; 03-19-2007 at 11:09 PM..
StickNMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #369
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
Can't wait for updates/see finished car ...
Don't do like so many other build tread and stop after half the car is done and we never hear (well read!) about it again. Would be sweet to see it completed
wannabe_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:33 PM   #370
misfitsfreak81
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
misfitsfreak81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yeah, lets see some more updates. and i dont know why but i keep loseing my subscription to this thread. its startin to piss me off.

mike
misfitsfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #371
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
more pics, please
civilized_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #372
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xblack240x
Kind of late, but just went through all the pages and love what you're doing with the car. I wish I had the time as well as all the equipment to do all of that (not to mention the skills)... Anyways, keep up the hard work and keep us updated
xblack240x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:32 AM   #373
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
wow.. thats amazing to hear that you work 2 jobs and go to school full time and still have this project going... keep it up!! 2 thumbs up
Old 03-27-2007, 05:50 AM   #374
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
yeah, more pics!
300hp owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #375
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Just curious. Why didn't you TIG weld the roll cage?
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #376
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Sorry for the lack of updates guys...school is winding down and really kicking my ass...but i still have updates for you, but im gonna answer a few questions first.

atutt, I didnt tig my cage because the welder wasnt in my possesion yet

StickNmove, the cage is DOM, .095x1.5

As always, thanks for all the praise and compliments guys, it means a lot to me!!

As for my update, I have been spending time prepping the car for final paint. The engine bay is all sanded as well as about 1/4 of the interior and the whole trunk. The plan is to spray the interior, jambs, trunk and engine bay at my house, and take the car to a booth to do the rest. My VS kit will be here the week after next I hope so then Itll be ready for the booth. Did I mention I really hate sanding by now LOL. Also, my dash board was royally eff'd from the airbags going off from the previous owner...well since im re-wrapping the dash, I went ahead and repaired it with fiberglass and bondo...again, I hate sanding hahhaha...also look at my paint!! Pics:

Prepped Bay:

Pwned dash

Sizing up the fiber

Laid...

Done with the fiber

I <3 Bondo

Repaired and ready for wrapping

Mmmmmm paint! Its slate grey metallic off the 07-08 Maximas/Altimas

Thanks for lookin guys!
Old 04-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #377
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Freaking nice, that colour is gonna be absolutely awesome as well. Are you wrapping it in suede I assume? Will you be able to take off your exhaust/intake manifold and valve covers with the engine that far back?

-Jackson.Vaughn.Photography-
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #378
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
gavster its looking great....cant wait to see the paint on the car!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #379
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Very Nice.

I nominate it as the "2007 Zilvia Car of the Year".

Does Zilvia even has such a thing...now it does, because of me.

Why nominate him?

- He does more than 90% of the work in his garage

- He is doing something nobody else has tried on the forum

- The work is pristine

The qualifications and validity of this award have not been verified yet.

I also nominate DousanPG for this award while I am at it.

More to come...

Carlos
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #380
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
dude.. this is like just *drool* wow.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:23 PM   #381
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
More details on wrapping the dash, por favor.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #382
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
dang thats what i was gonna do to my dash you should have integrated some gauge pillars in it. that color is going to bling! good job
Old 04-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #383
mdigiamm

mdigiamm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mdigiamm
what what what??? u show us the paint wet in the can but not on the car. feel like im at a titty bar... yea rub them in my face but kick me out if i touch.. WTF?

j/k... but really thats a tease
mdigiamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #384
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Trader Rating: (7)
CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Gavin wrapping your dash in suede is so 2006! J/P man... looks good so far, you going to one color this thing or two?
Old 04-14-2007, 05:53 PM   #385
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

One color Jay, two tone is hot, but Id rather keep in one color!

Small updates....

So today was just a bit cooler than I had hoped, so in the interest of nice paint, I only finished prepping the car's interior for paint. I hate sanding...that is all. OH...and I did get some parts today! Scored a pretty fresh T3/T4 60 Trim, .63 stage 3 wheel from a friend as well as a Tial 38. Should easily satisfy my power needs for now (as well as my budget) and be responsive on a 6 cyl....I have plans to ultimately use a GTxx turbo. Anywho...my Origin Kit will be here next week and paint is imminent! Stay tuned...pics:

mmm mmmm..

the real deal...no fake shiz here

dirty gate

All sanded

sanded more

Thx for peepin the setup!
Old 04-14-2007, 06:23 PM   #386
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
looking great. much props.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #387
djp.
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

djp. can only hope to improve
cant wait to see it finished.. keep up the awsome work
djp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:09 PM   #388
PITCH
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
PITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Best thread ever.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #389
93 240 s13
Leaky Injector

93 240 s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i want your babies hahaha
and 1/3 of your talent
amazing work my freind
93 240 s13 is offline   Reply With Quote