Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:04 AM   #271
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I'm waiting for the day when I have to replace my septic tank because of the massive tree close to it. Last time it was cleaned there wasn't any signs of roots, but I know it's coming. The good news is we can move the tank to an empty spot in the yard and really won't have to move much of the piping.
Why not do that now before disaster strikes?
Old 06-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #272
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Debating the cost since the city is finally getting around to running sewer pipes in the neighborhood. Pay to get hooked to that and have a bill, or drop a few thousand to get a new hole dug, another 1500 gal tank, and pay $300+ every three years to pump it.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:49 PM   #273
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
If there aren't roots now and it's a mature tree it's going to be a long time before it's an issue. You'll be dead. Lol
Old 06-04-2016, 05:49 PM   #274
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Had a kid offer me $14k for it 2 yrs ago. Bought the c6z right after, hence the reason I've been mia around here. 😅
Only two years ago? Guess I'm behind the times. I remember you had gotten a good deal on it originally.

Think you would you ever pick up an s-chassis again?
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:57 AM   #275
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
Here in WA, you have to spend around 450K to have a decent house with no yard and maybe a 2 car garage.

The home I just bought, being built right now was 285, 2053 sq ft on a 5000 or so sq ft lot so decent yard, 2 car garage(wanted 2.5 or 3 but oh wellz), etc, just gotta find the right distance from work and a newer area, down south near puyallup and out by orting theres a few brand new communities going up where you can get into a house for 230+. I didn't wanna spend more than 300k. But I know quite a few buddies who bought brand new for 230, and theres quite a few almost brand new for sale around the 200s in Puyallup that are nice houses.

My problem now is I'm finding all these sweet 'mods' to do to the house... and I gotta pick between car or house. Lol

Also, I'm single, sorta.. in response to the other post. Not married, no kids, don't plan on it either. Racecars>kids. lol
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:54 AM   #276
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I was looking at house in WA as well recently. Like boosty said its all where you look. I think ill be looking around the 400k mark though. I would like something with a view of one of the lakes and a decent yard. Dont really want a huge house though

Im very cheap, and i feel i could have it paid off in 10 years easily.
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:13 AM   #277
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
God the market here is so damn hot. It's really tempting to sell and upgrade or build. Fuck.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:51 AM   #278
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'm planning on selling/upgrading within the next year or 2 hopefully.

My wife and I make about 50% than we did when we bought our current house 7 years ago.

We have about 40k worth of equity. Houses in our new price range are sitting but houses that are comparable to ours are selling.

Going to try and get an older farm house with a barn to convert into a garage, get a renovation loan, and hopefully have an additional 60k for just in case.

Ideally get a low interest rate before they rise again.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:57 AM   #279
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I just wanted to be close to work. If I get out of the military i'll just end up renting it out and moving north and going to work for Boeing unless I get my pilots license, but there's some pretty nice lake view properties for 400k. orting, bonney lake, lake Washington, etc. I didn't want to spend over 300k due to most likely eventually renting it out, making some $$ on top, and having the tenant pay the mortgage for me so I can buy more real estate. Win win
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #280
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
Only two years ago? Guess I'm behind the times. I remember you had gotten a good deal on it originally.

Think you would you ever pick up an s-chassis again?
I'm itching for one but fuck the drift tax. Only way I'd get in one is if certain things happen. If I can get rid of the vette for one and another s14 comes along for cheap. Fuck all that noise paying $6k for a stock chassis.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #281
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
The new pad
Old 08-29-2016, 06:14 PM   #282
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Damn, that looks amazing!
Old 08-30-2016, 10:42 AM   #283
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 looks super serene! I can't wait to move. How do people afford houses? Sell your car on Zilvia LMAO!!

True story
Old 08-30-2016, 10:54 AM   #284
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Since we have a new president coming into office next year the economy traditionally dips a bit.

I am hoping that it dips enough for me and my fiancee to get something decent. =/
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #285
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I own a home. I paid under 6 figures for it and it gets the job done. I've been working professionally for 8 years now and I make good money.

Now I'm in Detroit and I'm chilling at the hotel. I turn on HGTV (I don't have cable at home) and I was hoping to catch a cool DIY project. However the channel is a never ending loop of young couples crying about not getting granite countertops and picking between a house that is $670,000 which is $70k over budget or the "fixer upper" for $500k and putting another 120k into it.

WHAT THE FUCK DO THESE PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?!?!

Thats what the show should be on!

Who pays enough that you can hack $3-5k a month for JUST A MORTGAGE!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ianaltma.../#60258d0021e1
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #286
STR8 H8N
BANNED

and

http://www.popsugar.com/home/Couple-...-List-40993185
Old 08-31-2016, 06:51 AM   #287
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_S14 View Post
The new pad
Yeah nice place you have there.

Hoping to finish up my locker project this fall. Turning out pretty good so far.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:13 AM   #288
STR8 H8N
BANNED

work

save money

marry

no credit cards

buy house
Old 08-31-2016, 07:47 AM   #289
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
work

save money

marry

no credit cards

buy house

Don't get married, you'll pay less in taxes IF you both have successful careers.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:49 AM   #290
STR8 H8N
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
Don't get married, you'll pay less in taxes IF you both have successful careers.
work

save money

"find partner who works also"

no credit cards

buy house
Old 09-05-2016, 10:21 PM   #291
lploutz23
Leaky Injector

lploutz23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
Fucking hate California for how overpriced homes are. I have cousins near the east coast. Paid something like $350k for something that pretty much resembles homes than would sell for nearly a million out here. It's nuts.
Don't be fooled by our lower real estate costs. Taxes are fucking ridiculous in New York.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
lploutz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:54 AM   #292
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Texas is the place to be
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:52 AM   #293
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
Texas is the place to be
Yeah I envy the tax situation and cost of living in Texas. WI has higher real estate values and taxes than the south, but not crazy like the East or West Coast. California is just nuts.

My wife was looking for an apartment for in Manhattan while she is working there instead of staying in hotels. Lol. $10,000/ month.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:11 AM   #294
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lploutz23 View Post
Don't be fooled by our lower real estate costs. Taxes are fucking ridiculous in New York.

Dirty Jersey is just as bad........
RalliartRsX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #295
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lploutz23 View Post

Ive heard the same about oregon.

Yeah the houses are cheap and your money gets further but property taxes are much higher up there than it is to california.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #296
lploutz23
Leaky Injector

lploutz23 is an unknown quantity at this point
In my area the median household income is pretty low too (35k/year). The local colleges drive up apartment rent cost. I can't complain too much because I do okay even though I dont own a house, but I am moving in January.
lploutz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:08 PM   #297
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...916-story.html

"He said the only brake on appreciation might come if interest rates rise by one or two percentage points from their current level of about 3.5 percent on 30-year, fixed rate loans. But buying typically accelerates when rates rise and that leads to further price jumps. And if prices and rates rise, many buyers switch to adjustable loans with lower rates. "

Man these articles are definitely re-igniting my thoughts of leaving california.

Last edited by ZenkiKid; 09-21-2016 at 05:05 PM..
Old 09-21-2016, 05:45 PM   #298
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
Texas is the place to be
Damn right. But even with that said, Dallas & Austin real estate prices have been skyrocketing out of control the past 2 years.

Many "experts" are claiming that we're in another huge housing bubble & poised to pop AGAIN this winter. Supposedly, it won't be as bad as 2008/2009 nationally, but I'm just waiting to see what happens.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:41 PM   #299
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Many "experts" are claiming that we're in another huge housing bubble & poised to pop AGAIN this winter. Supposedly, it won't be as bad as 2008/2009 nationally, but I'm just waiting to see what happens.

You're not the only person I've heard saying this.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:43 PM   #300
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Good credit, good job, and sometimes a good chunk of change down. I live in Seattle, one of the MOST unaffordable places to live. Houses in my county average over $500k, for some piece build in the 60's...
Personally, Id rather have a pimp condo for 80k in Bangkok.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote