Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
koyv90
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
koyv90 is making his/her stupidity well-knownkoyv90 is making his/her stupidity well-knownkoyv90 is making his/her stupidity well-knownkoyv90 is making his/her stupidity well-knownkoyv90 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Okay So i have an s13 and it does not have coils i will plan to get some and drop it a inch or maybe a little more. This is my dd. I do not want it slammed to the floor or hella flushed. I want it to the rim to be flush with the fender however. I was thinking 17x8 or 17x8.5 or 17x9. I don't want staggered rims or anything really( i heard it does not matter for performance and is a look thing). What offsets should i be getting to clear brakes and coilovers? I would rather not have to roll my fenders.

Also id prefer a none sunken in look

The front rim here is perfect but the rear one is sunken in and has a concaved look(guessing due to negative camber).

I dont know lots really cause ive searched and get random answers like people said +35 offsets and stuff are gay honda ones and bad for RWD cars and then others say they are good and work on s13s perfect with no modification and then i see others wanting like +20 or +10 offsets. I do get how it creates rubbing but dont know enough about the s13 chassis.

Thanks for the answers in advance sorry if my question is dumb.
koyv90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
LovetoSlide
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
LovetoSlide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LovetoSlide

I was wondering if this ride height (exactly) was achievable on TEIN's; more specifically Super Drifts or Mono Flex...

Edit: just found the article to find out they're on TEIN's.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean P. View Post
http://i.imgur.com/5rdAd.jpg

Would 5mm spacers up front cause rubbing issues?
It should be right where the fender will be unless you manage to add some more negative camber up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowvia View Post
So I just got all my five lug swap stuff in the mail and got my hands on a set of 18x9.5 +15 battles. Wondering what size tire I should run for the best clearance on an s13 with just rolled fenders? I was thinking 215/45/18 up front and 225/40/18 out back. Am I still going to need to pull my fenders or run an ungodly amount of camber to get those tires under there? I'd really rather not if I can avoid it.
18's all around for S13 can really only be pulled off if you have aero. 225/40 all around will work. Assuming that you want a functional alignment, yes, you will have work with your fenders and run some negative camber. For the rears, you will need a pull. The fronts you will have to hammer the inner fender & depending on your camber settings, you will need to hammer those lips.

Should have gone with 17's. It requires less work to make them look good. Trade a pair for 17's if you have to.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
IROYLE1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
IROYLE1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
18's all around for S13 can really only be pulled off if you have aero. 225/40 all around will work. Assuming that you want a functional alignment, yes, you will have work with your fenders and run some negative camber. For the rears, you will need a pull. The fronts you will have to hammer the inner fender & depending on your camber settings, you will need to hammer those lips.
Is this for me? should work with fender work?
IROYLE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROYLE1 View Post
Is this for me? should work with fender work?
Lol, no. I quoted somebody else's post for a reason. I answered THEIR question.

You already answered your own question & are one search away from finding out if 18x10 +30 fits in the rear.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
IROYLE1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
IROYLE1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My fault, i dunno how i read your quoted comment wrong.
IROYLE1 is offline   Reply With Quote