Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 04-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
ok i see now....oil is bad

For all you guys who are opposed to going to war / conflict around the oil interested I am now officially on board. I finally realized we really don't need oil to protect our national interest.

I understand a lot of you get hung up on oil as energy, and I know with solar , wind, and ocean currents generators and government money to subsides the technology we can make it work.

BUT that still leaves us with MILLIONS of other product we need that are oil based

SO, I am in the process of a multipronged campaign.

I am in the process of starting a campaign to bring back whaling on a mass scale. When we move away from oil we are still going to need something for lubrication. Rendered Whale blubber will do the trick. We will still need plastics, I bet a chemist out there can figure how to use blubber in the place of the base oil currently used. We will need fuel oil, blubber is the answer. Cosmetics for the ladies, blubber. Really finding oil was the worst thing that could have happened to the whaling industry, it’s time for a comeback.

I am also aware the recent tidal wave has decimated the small global whaling industry that we had left. As a nation we MUST donate to help rebuild the Japanese fleet.

Knowing that blubber may not totally provide enough energy for home heating and generating energy, AND not want to get to reliant on one energy, I say we kick up the strip mining industry. We will need to massively increase the coal holdings. Strip mining is the answer. You don’t have to send guys in to those death trap mines, you just cut back the earth till you can get at it. PLUS the mountains get in the way of the view.

I haven’t forgotten the tire industry, We need to explore making tires out of leather. Leather(pig skin) is used in the best quality sports balls, I say we contact Good Year and see if they can stitch us up some tires.

I also know not all of you are going to go turn in your gassers for the new electric cars, SO we need to have the American farmer forget about growing nutritional foods and focus on CORN. We can always buy our fruits and vegetable form Mexico. We really have no excuse for letting that valuable farm land be used for anything other than fuel production.

If any of you can help improve on my plan, please let me know. I want it to be as complete as possible.
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
lol.

I work in the Oil Industry. A+ solution. We can use sea animals to build plastic objects, like Ipads and such. I frankly think we should start with the cute ones first. Baby Seals and Dolphins.

All jokes aside, I'm all for alternatives, but I'm smart enough to know that the people that will own and run the alternatives are the same people that run the current 'dirty' business.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future

I'm for baby seals
Old 04-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Here in Canada, I'm all for clubbing seals. No joke. They are destroying our fish supply.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

RJF has disabled reputation
90hatchie for President!

Love the plan.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
90hatchie for President!

Love the plan.
plus one

Why donate to Japans whaling industry? That'll just put us back where we are now.

I say we raise money and start a U.S. based whaling company to give Americans more jobs and become more dependent on our own whale supply.

vas570sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
My Evo Already Runs on E85 =) I'm part of the solution

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #8
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i've got no problem with oil itself, i just have a problem with the US running three fucking wars.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Surprised no one 'farms' whales yet, among many other creatures. People do not seem to have a problem with farming pigs, and pigs are more intelligent than dogs.

The Middle East should have been closed off from the world a century or two ago. Then the rest of Earth's population would not be burdened with constant conflict stemming from there, and I bet we would have alternative energy sources by now.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
The Middle East should have been closed off from the world a century or two ago. Then the rest of Earth's population would not be burdened with constant conflict stemming from there, and I bet we would have alternative energy sources by now.
I honestly agree with this, it's like they've been living in the stone age so long they'll never move forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
back in my day, trolling was an art.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #12
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
Here in Canada, I'm all for clubbing seals. No joke. They are destroying our fish supply.
The seals in Canada haven't changed your fish supply at all.

"farming" to help replace oils is going to be based around genetically engineered algae.

whales?

Using an old number to be extra conservative, 62 million cars on the road (not counting trucks, buses, motorcycles, machinery)

assume 5 quarts of oil per car

310 million quarts, 77.5 millions gallons of oil to lubricate 62 millions engines.

200,000 sperm whales worldwide, average it out to 26,000 kilograms, and convert 100% to whale oil and you'll get about 7500 gallons of oil

so for a completely unrealistic conversion (fudged dramatically to help your troll case), your entire sperm whale population should give you 1.5 billion gallons of raw whale oil.

So you'll lubricate car engines in the US for 20 fluid changes.
Bring in the rest of the things you want to lubricate, bring in the rest of the world and you won't fix anything for more than a few years. Not even with all the weight of all the marine mammals.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #13
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

^firstly, I said I was for clubbing seals; But for other reasons. My bad if you actually thought otherwise.

and you are wrong about our fish population, Seals, Sea Lions, as well as existing fish farms are killing our fish. But you'd know because you are an internet researcher from San Diego.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #14
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Seals, sea lions and other predators have been eating cod for millions of years. Cod stocks didn't collapse until a combination of intense international fishing efforts hit them hard from the 1950s through the 1970s along with natural boom bust cycles controlled by environment.

Hate to break it to you, but I'm a little more than an internet researcher on this one.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #15
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not too worried.

I heard this thing called cold fusion is right around the corner...

By the way, how are the Marine Sciences going, Dan?
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #16
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'll just put this here
Biodiesel vs. Diesel - Blue Sun Biodiesel
Biomass based diesel versus Biodiesel | Beta Analytic
Green Technology to Produce Blue Fuel
Directory:Biodiesel from Algae Oil - PESWiki
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #17
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

You're just a leftist liberal tree hugger. OP is worried there won't be any lube after we ditch fossil fuels.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #18
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
And narrow minded people attach labels to things.

But I digress, I don't think that we should move to greener resources because they are better for the environment.
We should do it because its RENEWABLE, therefore the price wouldn't be subject to as much fluctuation.

Also before its turned into biodiesel its oil......

But really what point is to be made as this is just a troll thread.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:54 AM   #19
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
there's oil on utah...drill that shit up!
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:31 AM   #20
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

just paid 4.12 a gallon for 93...
if we can get 93 from whale's blubber I'm all for it.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #21
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^

Good for you, paying around $4.40 for 91 here in Los Angeles.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #22
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
HA! You're lucky.

I pay over $8.50/gallon!!!

You guys don't know how good you have it.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #23
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^thats terrible,

about to buy a 55 gallon drum and start filling it..
there predicting its going to be 5+ this summer
Old 04-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #24
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
Seals, sea lions and other predators have been eating cod for millions of years. Cod stocks didn't collapse until a combination of intense international fishing efforts hit them hard from the 1950s through the 1970s along with natural boom bust cycles controlled by environment.

Hate to break it to you, but I'm a little more than an internet researcher on this one.

We have laws to prevent fishing in mass scale. Everytime I've been out fishing DFO has always been after someone.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #25
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrischeezer View Post
^thats terrible,

about to buy a 55 gallon drum and start filling it..
there predicting its going to be 5+ this summer
You cannot hoard gas for long periods of time. It goes bad. Diesel however lasts quite a lot longer.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #26
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
We have laws to prevent fishing in mass scale. Everytime I've been out fishing DFO has always been after someone.
The amount of fish taken by commercial fisheries are on the order of millions of pounds per year.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:04 AM   #27
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
all of u are seriously sick if u think its ok to farm animals like whales for our own selfish needs. i really hope this is all a joke. wut gives us the right as humans to go out and murder whales? just because we have technology and opposable thumbs? thats sick.

its one thing if its for food, but even then we don't need to kill whales for food. theyre way too large for that. theres reasons there are international laws protecting whales. i cant believe u people really think its ok to kill such large beasts just because were gunna need a new lube.

theres plenty of shit we can use to replace what we currently use.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #28
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^
Whats wrong with you?

Their animals, they don't care what happens to them. Might aswell serve a life helping us better mammals enjoy our advanced technology
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #29
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZo7bg0h6eg
Old 04-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #30
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
^
Whats wrong with you?

Their animals, they don't care what happens to them. Might aswell serve a life helping us better mammals enjoy our advanced technology
so because theyre not human beings its ok it murder them for something as stupid as lubricant?

u really don't see anything wrong with that?