Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-20-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
timtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timtiminy
TW: 13" Rotor, Caliper Brackets

Before I go ahead and make brake caliper brackets to use 13" Cobra rotors with Z32 calipers (Front), I want to know how much interest there would be for this. Basically you would be getting the two brackets and hubcentric rings(or spacers for the lug bolts to keep the rotor centered) that will allow for the use of the 13" cobra rotors up front with your 300zx 4 piston calipers. Let me know what you think and how much you are willing to pay. Questions I would like for you to answer me are:

1)How does $50+ shipping sound, i think that would be fair.

2)Should I include hardware? This will increase price a bit depending on how much i can source the hardware for.

3)Should i have the option to have them powder coated for an extra $10? By request only.

4)Would you be interested in a kit that comes with rotors? Brembo blanks, slotted, or drilled and slotted depending on preferance. I will have to figure out pricing if so.

P.S. I will also have brackets for the ECR33 calipers if anyone is interested, as I know R33 rotors are hard to come by.
timtiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2006, 03:03 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I'd say definitely include hardware. Slotted or Blanked Rotors can be an "add-on" option.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
FinalDrive
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
FinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sounds fair

2)Should I include hardware? This will increase price a bit depending on how much i can source the hardware for.
Yes

3)Should i have the option to have them powder coated for an extra $10? By request only.
Only if they will be visible when installed

4)Would you be interested in a kit that comes with rotors? Brembo blanks, slotted, or drilled and slotted depending on preferance. I will have to figure out pricing if so.
Nope
FinalDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:20 PM   #4
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

timtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the rough
okay so far soo good i am pretty sure i will be including hardware. The brackets cant be seen so it's no use to powder coat unless someone really wants it. I will find out pricing on rotors for those who want everything at once.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:27 PM   #5
CrazyIvan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
CrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sounds fair x2

Yes

Nope

Nope
Old 09-20-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
Trader Rating: (3)
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What are the brackets going to be made of???
Old 09-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

brackets will be steel. considered aluminum and stainless but aluminum is too soft and stainless would just be expensive and not have any benefits over regular steel other than not rusting.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #8
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
i would be interested, but how safe is the hubcentric idea? why not make a bracket to use the 350z rotors so the actual rotor is hubcentric
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #9
n2motorsports
Zilvia Member

n2motorsports is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to n2motorsports
what's the thickness of the rotor;s. will it work for the z32 26mm calipers as well?
n2motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:46 PM   #10
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Very Fair

Include it, it will save headaches.

I like this option just to protect the metal.

I would go with the rotors if they are the same price, or cheaper than the price I can find them at.

P.S. I will also have brackets for the ECR33 calipers if anyone is interested, as I know R33 rotors are hard to come by.

I need these brackets, instead of the z32 ones.

pss hubcentric rings?
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:50 PM   #11
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
very interested!

How much different would the cobra rotors be from the 350z rotors? I know splparts makes a bracket, so not to steal customers away from them, but that would be nice too.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #12
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
very interested!

How much different would the cobra rotors be from the 350z rotors? I know splparts makes a bracket, so not to steal customers away from them, but that would be nice too.
Im down for this... would be cool to make brackets for the z33 too,

but anyways outcome will be put me down for it.

Also, im on the look out for front z32 calipers cheapies pleaseee
Old 09-20-2006, 09:45 PM   #13
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
i say make the bracket for the 350z rotors to avoid the hubcentric ring issue
Old 09-20-2006, 10:17 PM   #14
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004

lets get um to work with some of these badboyssss

http://www.racingbrake.com/NISSAN_350Z_s/255.htm

oh, and im local, id come pick some up for me and the guys
Old 09-20-2006, 10:29 PM   #15
SlowCoupe
Zilvia Junkie

SlowCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SlowCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004
im down for this one. but its not my call.

im in 100% if theres one made for the z33 track rotors.

theres a shop that sells em but i want just the bracket.
SlowCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:03 PM   #16
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

z33 track rotorsssss

Old 09-21-2006, 07:13 PM   #17
boost infested
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
boost infested is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
interested also...
Old 09-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #18
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

yah still down with r33 rotorss =D
Old 09-21-2006, 08:23 PM   #19
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

Okay well i have seen interest in the z33 track rotors which would actually be a 12.75" rotor.
The difference between these and cobra rotors is the fact that cobra rotors are 13" and cobra rotors would need hubcentric rings in order to keep the rotors centered on the hub.
I can look into making a kit for the z33 track rotors but the price will significantly change. Cobra rotors are an easy find and offer 13" diameter. I even believe they are cheaper.
The Cobra Rotors are 28mm thick, not sure if they will fit the 26mm z32 calipers?
These will have to be ran with 17"+ wheels and may require spacers depending on wheel offset. 17x8 with +28mm offset there is more than an inch of clearance on the wheels i own.
So far so good, thanks for all your responses. Keep um coming!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #20
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

so z33 track rotors are 12.75 inch. how big are the non-brembo version
Old 09-21-2006, 11:31 PM   #21
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Z33 track rotors are super expensive, whereas you can easily find cheapo cobra rotor blanks for next to nothing. Cheapest Z rotors I've found are like $220 a pair, cheapest Cobra rotors are $50 a pair. For people who will use this setup on the track, having a good source of cheap replacement blanks is a major plus. Plus, several places already sell brackets for Z33 rotors. I say go cobra w/ metal hubcentric rings.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:29 AM   #22
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
I would definatly be down for a set, $50 or so sounds fair, sounds rad

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:13 AM   #23
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
does anybody know of any affordably priced 2 piece 350z track rotors
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #24
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
I'm down for a 2 piece. I am sure you can make it with wilwood parts, but the getting the correcto dimensions can be difficult.

Please note the R32 GTR caliper, using a z33 rotor, will have to be about 1cm closer to the hub.

http://www.racingbrake.com/product_p/2016-311-17.htm

Carlos
Old 09-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #25
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
500 bucks for a pair of rotors :/

i am so broke
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #26
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

Thanks for the interest. Please keep the replies coming. I will be working on the bracket kit for the 350z track rotors which are 324mm as opposed to the 330mm cobra rotors. these will be a bit more expensive but still cheaper than the ones out there. I want to keep everything affordable, thats why I was going for the cobra rotors but i have seen the want for brackets to use the 350z track rotors with the z32 brake setup. plusses there are thicker rotor 30mm instead of 28mm on the cobra rotor, and you wouldnt have to use hubcentric rings to keep them centered. Oh and the fact that it is still Nissan... either way I will be working on 4 bracket kits total. Cobra rotors w/ z32 calipers; Cobra rotors w/ r33 calipers; z33 track rotors w/ z32 calipers; and z33 track rotors w/ r33 calipers
Cobra rotors will be the cheapest alternative overall thanks turtl631 for pointing all that out.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:53 PM   #27
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

yeah the cobra rotors are defintaly cheaper. its just that i have never seen hub centric rings on rotors before so i'm not sure how good/safe that works
Old 09-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #28
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Just to clarify, these are the R32 GTR calipers I am talking about.

Will you still offer the hubcentric rings with the cobra rotors?

BTW, most aftermarket rims are not hubcentric, I know SPL sells hubcentric rings for rims.

Carlos
Old 09-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #29
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

the ring is to keep the rotor centered, it will stay flush with the rotor, you will still be able to use hubcentric rings for your wheels ontop of the rotors.
those are the r33 calipers i will be working on the cobra kit for. these are being a bit tricky since they have longer arms than the z32 calipers, i may have to offset the caliper higher on the rotor (10 o'clock position instead of 9).
Old 09-22-2006, 10:18 PM   #30
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

yeah, but wheels and rotors are different when talking about being hubcentric. does anyone have a pic or something of a hubcentric ring for rotors b/c i can't picture it