Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
Bumnah
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Bumnah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumnah
Nice ride. Tons of $ spent obviously.
Bumnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
bboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bboyoracle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumnah View Post
Nice ride. Tons of $ spent obviously.
Thanks. I've seen pictures of your car sparingly on ma240...its looking nice

I've been slackin on the car, going to wash it and take it out this weekend. Hopefully i'll get a chance to snap some new pics
bboyoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
NERV

Trader Rating: (0)
NERV is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
your car looks beautiful! Congrats!
NERV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
J ROK
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
J ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
on point!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Did you tape it up for the ride home?
You should look into the 3M clear protective film.
Might be worth the investment??
Old 03-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

bboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to behold
On the ride home I didn't bother. I just didnt want to show up to the meet with a car full of sand and dust (it snowed this past week) Also if it can prevent rock chips so why the hell not.

I thought about getting a clear bra but i've heard some reviews on it and it tends to turn yellow after a while.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
what the hell, i expected more pics from the meet... did u roll home right after?

I was watching Watchmen during the hours of the meet haha.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

theres a shit ton of pictures on vadriven. Grr I was wondering where you were!
Old 03-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
thesimpleS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
thesimpleS13 is making a name for him/her selfthesimpleS13 is making a name for him/her selfthesimpleS13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to thesimpleS13
nice build sir, love it!
Old 03-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
it looks so different now then from when you first posted the final product. . maybe im tripping but it looks soooo goood! congrats!

I10cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #11
FunctionFiRst
Leaky Injector

FunctionFiRst is an unknown quantity at this point
I love how it looks, but I think some other wheels would make it POP even more, only cause their really Sedan-ish!

...Still looks different than most cars in here though!

I Dig it!
Old 03-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #12
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Yeah, I saw this in person yesterday - it looks freaking awesome! I wasn't so sure about it when I saw the first pictures posted, but I can definitely say these more recent pictures capture it better, but it looks even better in person!

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
drifter_for_life06
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
drifter_for_life06 is making a name for him/her selfdrifter_for_life06 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drifter_for_life06 Send a message via Yahoo to drifter_for_life06
nice fucking car man. +1
Old 03-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
it kinda looks like he ended up slamming it ahah

i think hes tucking tire now no?

nice, pretty good job <3
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #15
Touge Monsta

Touge Monsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't mean to jack your thread Waldo Man, but to emphasize how clean the car is these pics should do the car more justice

Touge Monsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #16
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Man, I LOVE this car because it's so different, and well executed.

A+++
Old 03-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #17
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
looks so good.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #18
roorr0
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
roorr0 has a spectacular aura aboutroorr0 has a spectacular aura aboutroorr0 has a spectacular aura aboutroorr0 has a spectacular aura aboutroorr0 has a spectacular aura aboutroorr0 has a spectacular aura aboutroorr0 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to roorr0
you should feel/see the rear inner wheel wells...soo nicely done

once again, nice car waldo

next should be a crazier exhuast - more filling
roorr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #19
HyperLeafBlower

HyperLeafBlower is on the path to ruinHyperLeafBlower is on the path to ruin

is it wrong to say that this is my favourite picture of this car? I'm not sure why.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:43 PM   #20
SBCsx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
SBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
nice build +2
Old 04-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #21
CGraves
Leaky Injector

CGraves is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLeafBlower View Post

is it wrong to say that this is my favourite picture of this car? I'm not sure why.
Same here haha looks sick
CGraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:08 AM   #22
druthafoo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
druthafoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I shouldnt have been lazy and not gone to the meet. Gah, your car would be the only reason for me to go.... well the S15's wouldve been nice to see too :P.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:49 AM   #23
KidSaru
Zilvia Junkie

KidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant futureKidSaru has a brilliant future
Lowering your car more made a world of difference. I hated it a while back but now it looks A+
KidSaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #24
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
not my cup of tea, i think its ugly. but then its not like this car ever going to the track or anything.

trying to make a vip out of a 240 is like putting supra lights on a civic and molding wide body. it is still a civic.

i am glad YOU like it. thats all that matters.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:28 PM   #25
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
where did you get the kit from?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #26
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead View Post
where did you get the kit from?
I got the kit from Van at OneTonGarage. He's a official distributor for SuperMade products. You can email him at [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6_240sx View Post

I'm just stating an opinion though, not a real fan of them. The finish on them has a little orange peel even on some high-end brands. I should've mentioned that in my first post...
I agree, thats the main reason why I wouldnt get a clear bra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezahualcoyotl View Post
really like your build and the look of your car is a lot different from what im used to seeing on some forums.... but im amazed at how much hate you got, and im more amazed that you kept your cool and stayed with what you liked
Thanks people are going to hate regardless of what you do. Especially when it doesnt conform with the norm. I expected it, but no sense in getting all worked up over it. I built the car for myself, and any good comments really out weighs the bad.

Yoshida of SuperMade Japan actually posted it on his blog after I sent him some pictures. Seems like he liked it too, so that meant a lot:

‹g“c‹M“¿“ú‹L

Quote:
Originally Posted by andisan View Post
Thats a nice finished project and when I first saw the supermade kit on a 240sx I said WoW now thats clean kit and thats what you went for wich turned out great.
Great job and hopefully later on youll switch out the rims and try something new(some crazzy offset rims if you do, post the picks)
I love my wheels lol! The wheels are a very important part of this build. I've seen some supermade projects with run-of-the-mill wheels and it really kills the car. The Varianza D3S really makes the car stand out and also keeps in with the VIP style that SuperMade aero brings. I'm really grateful that Work Wheels hopped on board with this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLevent1 View Post
hey how is it driving at night with that headlight setup? post pics plz
The Piaa P3000 are very bright and great for driving at night. I don't have any pictures though sorry
Old 03-31-2009, 11:43 PM   #27
r6_240sx
Zilvia Addict

r6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfection
Well done man!

Don't get those clear-bra shits. Get it professionally detailed, nice coat of wax and it'll be all you need to prevent from rock chips and keep it looking fresh.
r6_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:52 PM   #28
Maximamike
Zilvia Junkie

Maximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6_240sx View Post
Well done man!

Don't get those clear-bra shits. Get it professionally detailed, nice coat of wax and it'll be all you need to prevent from rock chips and keep it looking fresh.
I detail for a living and thats totally incorrect, sorry. Get the car detailed then install a clear bra. Make sure the paint is spot less underneath before the clear bra is installed.
Maximamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #29
bruceguy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
bruceguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximamike View Post
I detail for a living and thats totally incorrect, sorry. Get the car detailed then install a clear bra. Make sure the paint is spot less underneath before the clear bra is installed.

what he said,

my cousin ran into a car that pulled out in front of him, not only did the clear bra held the front fender together in one major piece, upon pealing it off-the freakin paint and surface was perfect!

me and my cousin looked at each other with WTF?

if u like ur car that much, u can clear bra more area than ur blue taping, like mirrors, doors and such.
bruceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:22 AM   #30
r6_240sx
Zilvia Addict

r6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximamike View Post
Getting it spotless requires to get it professionally installed usually in a filtered booth by someone who's certified.

Basically, it cost more than getting bumper repainted. Depending on where he applies the film requires more masking work for detailer so wax doesn't build up on the seem too.

A good clearcoat with a good detail after the clear has fully cured should be all that he needs. Then again I don't know what clearcoat the OP used. I think the main thing is to not freakin tailgate trucks, motorcycles, big rigs and whatnot.

I'm just stating an opinion though, not a real fan of them. The finish on them has a little orange peel even on some high-end brands. I should've mentioned that in my first post...
r6_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote