Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #61
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
you fools that have no experience with the wheels need to just be quiet about talking about durability and safety. your opinion doesn't have any significance.

i'll copy and paste what i said in the last thread:

please.

how many of you have actually owned a set of P45R's?

they are <$900 a set, no shit they aren't the same quality as Nismo wheels...

but everyone makes it out as they wheels will just fall apart. get real.
you do get what you pay for, but P45's aren't going to spontaneously combust. The fact is, these wheels have been proven over and over to be made strong and durable. The Driftworks team has been running them for years on multiple cars with no failures whatsoever.

Life advice:
Form an opinion after you have had experience.
People that make blind assumptions are just that, blind.

I'm not saying this to stick up for the wheels I chose to buy. Yeah, they are knock off unoriginal design cast blah blah... but that fact is my 18x9.5's look good, weigh 22lbs, were custom fit for my car, and cost me next to nothing. try getting a wheel made to custom specs for cheaper... unless you want to be dirt spec and get Burt Reynolds SPL diamond racing steelies.

Nobody knocks CST's, Bee-R B5's, or Uras NS01's, how come?

I'm not proud that Rota is a knockoff company without a single original design, thats real wack in my book, and i'm not proud that they take profit away from the companies that pioneer in wheel design. But, for me they are a perfect combination of size, price, quality and appearance.

Coming from someone who actually has used the wheels, i'd take 3 sets of P45R's before 1 set of LMGT4's, but thats just me.

I'm not looking to shave every milisecond off my lap time to the grocery store, so i don't personally deem it necessary to spend 3 grand on 1 set of wheels, some of you may see where i'm coming from, some of you might need that forged monoblock wheel to get you to the mall that much faster.
Bushido, while you may have experience with Rota's in general I have seen you post on this forum based on your own opinion vs actual knowledge on more than one occasion. In as such you shoot yourself in the foot here. Just by posting that the people that are talking about Rota's in a negative way have no knowledge. How do you know that? You assume a awful lot.

Some people have had Rota's break some people have had Lenso's break yet online magazines(Nissan Performance) propped Lenso's as light weight wheels. Did that make them good? No.

So you have run Rota's and they have not broken. That does not mean much in the bigger picture. Same goes for Luke,except he is sponsored which means he gets them free and if they do break he just puts on another one, LOL.

Its a numbers situation. If you have 10 sets of wheels and 3-4 sets break vs a name brand wheels 10 sets with 1 set breaking then you clearly have a delination point in quality. If you did an a online poll on how many people using all different types of cars running Rota's with actual numbers as to how many had not broken then you have facts.

Now all of you, including you and a certain other person. A person I might add, that keeps on posting his opinion based on being cheap. Have all got caught up here on whether the Rota breaks. Thats really not what the greater point of this thread is.

You want to run Rota's? Fine run them. I will say this again and I said it earlier,the biggest arguement to this thread and the OP starting it, is the fact that Rota's in the size and offset he listed are just not worth it! I.E. They are not that inexpensive and the offset is terrible.

For the money he wants anyone here on the forum to spend on a set of Rotas a person could pick up a set of Works or Enkei's for a couple of Hundred dollars more. Size and finish wise the Work is always going to be the nicer wheels. You cannot get around that.
Like I said earlier some people would rather run quality for a little more money vs cheap with less quality.

I have looked at Rota's up close and the quality finish wise is just not as nice. Some people like nice finish. Some people are content with a $500 paint job that looks shiny but has orange peel. Some people want a paint job that has no orange peel and is like glass. Those people will pay more.

Fact is in the end no matter what you say knock offs are never the quality level of originals. You want to rock Knock offs fine. Just stop calling people ignorant that don't. Especially if you espouse running the knockoff as being superior based solely on price.

Now in a quick nutshell to summarize

1. OP listed Rota's for a high price with a terrible offset
2. Several people spoke up and said why buy those for that price with that offset.
3. Said people pointed out for the money they would rather buy the real deal by spending a little more.
4. People came in and said Rota's break
5. You and the Rota brigade got all offended and completely overlooked the original points, which pretty much should have ended this thread.
6. You and another poster take as a personel crusade to convince people people Rota's don't break and are worth paying less, regardless of fit or finish.
7. Thread has left original topic based on your opinion and Zealousness.
8.Thread should be closed because at this point its worthless as are Rota's lol

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #62
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post

2. Several people spoke up and said why buy those for that price with that offset.
3. Said people pointed out for the money they would rather buy the real deal by spending a little more.
5. You and the Rota brigade got all offended and completely overlooked the original points, which pretty much should have ended this thread.
6. You and another poster take as a personel crusade to convince people people Rota's don't break and are worth paying less, regardless of fit or finish.

greatest cliff notes ever....

Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #63
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEELS@Subydude View Post
the new wheels meet all JWL, ISO, and VIA Certification.

-Dan
Are you saying that ROTA is a ISO9000 Company?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #64
Nismo2Forty
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Nismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
And your still in here arguing??? Writing a book. Ok, i'd LOL too... Oh, "rota brigade" I think you mean knockoff brigade.

Fine, heres what i say to OP, which already has been said, get lower offsets that fit better if you intend to spend this much, it will generate more interest.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #65
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo2Forty View Post
And your still in here arguing??? Writing a book. Ok, i'd LOL too...
Not arguing, pointing out how useless you Bushido and Subydude had made this whole thread.your above statement is useless as well. Keep earning those red squares you deserve them.

Oh I see you added a mimic of what I had already said to try and make yourself look good. heh you fail. The red square comment bares itself out well

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #66
Nismo2Forty
Leaky Injector

Nismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Not arguing, pointing out how useless you Bushido and Subydude had made this whole thread.your above statement is useless as well. Keep earning those red squares you deserve them.

Oh I see you added a mimic of what I had already said to try and make yourself look good. heh you fail. The red square comment bares itself out well
Ok, you win. Good job. Hope this makes you feel better.

I like red squares, but i'm actually losing them now bc of +rep... Like my life goes by those colored squares. and i do look good. Thank you. Please keep writing, i'm enjoying this.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #67
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo2Forty View Post
Ok, you win. Good job. Hope this makes you feel better.

I like red squares, but i'm actually losing them now bc of +rep... and i do look good. Thank you. Please keep writing, i'm enjoying this.
sorry but my cliffnotes summed it up. Its not really a question of feeling better or worse, in fact I don't care. I made my points. I have nothing more to say on the subject.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #68
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
"Thread should be closed because at this point its worthless as are Rota's lol"

As the op this shit has gotten out of hand the only reason i posted this was to let people who were interested that DasubyDude would order you p45r in custom size/ offset in 4 lug if he got enough orders so a mod should just lock this so it doesnt continue being just another rant thread about pros and cons of knock off wheels. so for those interested you can IM Dasubydude. If not let this thread die.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #69
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
"Thread should be closed because at this point its worthless as are Rota's lol"

As the op this shit has gotten out of hand the only reason i posted this was to let people who were interested that DasubyDude would order you p45r in custom size/ offset in 4 lug if he got enough orders so a mod should just lock this so it doesnt continue being just another rant thread about pros and cons of knock off wheels. so for those interested you can IM Dasubydude. If not let this thread die.
See and know you have violated forum rules by actually turning this thread into a purchase thread. Brilliant! NOT! more like fail.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #70
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
See and know you have violated forum rules by actually turning this thread into a purchase thread. Brilliant! NOT! more like fail.
First of all im not selling anything and all i did was some research and came up with this nowhere am i actually selling anything. Sorry for doing some research i was just trying to help the people who might be interested out.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #71
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
First of all im not selling anything and all i did was some research and came up with this nowhere am i actually selling anything. Sorry for doing some research i was just trying to help the people who might be interested out.
Your research was fine until you pointed people to Subydude for purchases. That is where you made a mistake. Subydude has no interest in this thread beyond selling wheels. Therefor his participation is biased at best. Again thats a fail.
Maybe I was harsh on you,saying you violated forum rules. Though you certainly lessened your possible research position when you pointed people to him. That starts to look like a blatant sales call. I call it as I see it.

P.S. you could have stepped in and ended it before it got out of hand by asking a mod to close it. You did not do that.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #72
WHEELS@Subydude
Zilvia Member

WHEELS@Subydude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WHEELS@Subydude
drift freaq - I'm not sure how you think Bushido and I made this thread useless. The point of this thread was to gather interest for ordering wheels, not to debate the quality or price of Rota wheels. This thread could have been very different but the fact is you took it off course by replying first with a very negative post. The majority of the posts in this thread are by you arguing about something not related at all to this thread. So I would have to completely disagree with your statement. You make us out to be bad guys for trying to help people get wheels that they want and could otherwise not order.

-Dan

phone: (510) 651-2956
email: [email protected]
web: www.subydude.com
aim: DaSubyDude
Old 02-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #73
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Bushido, while you may have experience with Rota's in general I have seen you post on this forum based on your own opinion vs actual knowledge on more than one occasion. In as such you shoot yourself in the foot here. Just by posting that the people that are talking about Rota's in a negative way have no knowledge. How do you know that? You assume a awful lot.
First, I don't have experience with Rota's in general, I have experience with only the 18x9.5 P45R's that i had custom made.

I don't make unproven blanket statements. I don't form opinions of something because of the name attached to it.

One of the rules I try to live life by is, "try not to judge things without experiencing them first".

you should try it.

I do assume that you and the other people talking negatively about them have no experience with P45R's, otherwise you would have a different opinion about them.

Quote:
So you have run Rota's and they have not broken. That does not mean much in the bigger picture. Same goes for Luke,except he is sponsored which means he gets them free and if they do break he just puts on another one, LOL.
Its a numbers situation. If you have 10 sets of wheels and 3-4 sets break vs a name brand wheels 10 sets with 1 set breaking then you clearly have a delination point in quality. If you did an a online poll on how many people using all different types of cars running Rota's with actual numbers as to how many had not broken then you have facts.
This is a total bogus statement/argument, you do not have any facts supporting that P45R's are weak.

Quote:
You want to run Rota's? Fine run them. I will say this again and I said it earlier,the biggest arguement to this thread and the OP starting it, is the fact that Rota's in the size and offset he listed are just not worth it! I.E. They are not that inexpensive and the offset is terrible.
no shit, thats one of the reasons i said this thread should be locked.
also, those same prices would be what the wheel would cost with a proper offset and if you know anything about custom specification wheels those prices are extremely reasonable for a product that isn't shit quality or shit looking.

Quote:
For the money he wants anyone here on the forum to spend on a set of Rotas a person could pick up a set of Works or Enkei's for a couple of Hundred dollars more. Size and finish wise the Work is always going to be the nicer wheels. You cannot get around that.
Like I said earlier some people would rather run quality for a little more money vs cheap with less quality.
Once again, this argument is moot. You have no evidence supporting a lack of quality.
Me, personally, I was set on a 5 spoke design. I looked at the options, CST, Bee R, LMGT4, NS-01. All are considerably more expensive, and weren't custom tailored for my car.
Size and finish wise, Work was not nicer, they don't offer 9.5 +15.

Quote:
I have looked at Rota's up close and the quality finish wise is just not as nice. Some people like nice finish. Some people are content with a $500 paint job that looks shiny but has orange peel. Some people want a paint job that has no orange peel and is like glass. Those people will pay more.
I would post a close up shot of the finish, but I don't care that much to prove you wrong once again. The finish on my wheels doesn't have orange peel...

Quote:
Fact is in the end no matter what you say knock offs are never the quality level of originals. You want to rock Knock offs fine. Just stop calling people ignorant that don't. Especially if you espouse running the knockoff as being superior based solely on price.
I never said the quality was the same.
P45R's are cast and $900
LMGT4's are forged and $2400+

of course there are going to be differences in quality. but is the difference big enough for a car that isn't going to be driven at 10/10ths all the time?
not to me. maybe if it was a full blown race car. but my car isn't and neither is most people that are arguing here. And the one guy that is using his car as a race car, has nothing but good things to say about the wheels.
Go figure.

...and the only people i'm calling ignorant are people that don't have any factual data backing up their opinions as i've said over and over.

Quote:

1. no shit, thats why i originally said this thread should be closed and a new one should be made.
2. <$900 is a bargain for a quality wheel made to custom specifications.
3. thats fine if you got the dough, but why do i need a forged monoblock wheel for a daily driver? my car isn't a dedicated race car. If it was, my needs would be different. And it isn't a "little more", it's 3x the cost.
4. This is an unfound statement. You can't include all of the wheels Rota has made in this argument. We are talking about P45R's. They have been proven time and again to hold up to substantial abuse.
5. I'm not part of the "Rota brigade", you faggot. Am I the only one that seems to realize the only way to fairly judge something is with first hand experience?
6. A personal crusade? get real man. Regardless of fit or finish? you're talking out of your ass.
7. The topic became the unfound opinion that P45R's aren't durable and will break. I was disproving this statement with my personal experience and the experiences of others with the same wheels.
8. I agree this thread should be closed. I knew it was going to become something like this the minute I read the first post.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #74
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
Since this is turning into a Rota ad, lets show some alternatives to the $900 price tag. You really don't have to go very far.

Weds Kranze Cerberus 4x114.3 18x8 / 18x10 Massive lip!! ($1000 obo)
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=176957

Fs: (4) Work Emotion Xd9 17x9.5 +17 4x114.3!!socal ($1100 obo)
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=175360

FS: 18x8 +29 18x9 +35 5/4x114.3 JDM Leasing VIP wheels!!! ($1100 obo)
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=174045

Buddy Club P1 17x7&17x8 +35/32 4x114.3 ($500)
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=174117

Super Advan SA3 (4) 17x8 +32 4x114.3 SOCAL ($650)
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=165798
Old 02-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #75
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
cool, all of those wheels either look like shit or have shit fitment.
not to mention the fact that they are all USED.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #76
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Really, I didn't notice they were used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido
Work was not nicer, they don't offer 9.5 +15.
I always thought 9.5 +17 was pretty close to 9.5 +15 though.

---

So given the option

$900 Rota (brand new) > $1100 Work (used)

Seriously?
Old 02-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #77
Bushido
Post Whore!

but +17 isn't +15. and pretty close doesn't mean shit when you have 1mm of clearance between your coilover and wheel.

Learn about fitment and then you will realize that those 2mm's make a big difference.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #78
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

I didn't realize they didn't make spacers.

(which he includes in the sale btw)
Old 02-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #79
Bushido
Post Whore!

why buy spacers when you can buy the right sized wheels?
stop making excuses. this is retarded.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #80
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

You don't need to buy them, they're included in the sale.

That's not an excuse, thats a fact.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #81
Bushido
Post Whore!

hah, quit editing your post after you've already made your worthless point.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #82
Nismo2Forty
Leaky Injector

Again thanks for the neg reps... atleast irax left his name. Keep it coming, it makes me laugh. And you can atleast put a better reason than rotas suck. Make it interesting.

Its funny people think this does something? Like "oh i'm gonna get him back and make him cry with a neg rep." This forums a joke.

Whoever wrote this needs help and needs to learn english, "your argument fails when you start attacking people among the other parts its fails at as well" haha.

This thread is a total fail. Lock it. Maybe i should make a thread about rotas... hmmm.... all the neg rep i could want. Perfect.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #83
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
MB weapons and competitions 535 - 645 price range
5zigens 820-1000 price range
Tenzo DC-6 850
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=155218
and then

but wait..

Tenzo DC-6 499 shipped
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=177038

all of those wheels have the most of a +28 offset, and go lower from there.

so if its really about prices... your ALMOST there
if its quality, it is questionably there
if its about offset, then its not there

sure 18x9.5 + 30 is great for awd and fwd cars and some rwd cars, but not on 240's so why is this thread here?
Old 02-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #84
Nismo2Forty
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
MB weapons and competitions 535 - 645 price range
I would vote these best, but again, most s13's are 4 lug so add 2-300 and your back at the same price. blah blah blah, theres always gonna be an argument. If we all agreed, we wouldnt have a forum.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #85
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I should have locked this when I posted the first time, but I hoped that maybe once this could have gone over without a pissing contest.
Thanks for nothing again, guys.

And I write too!
Closed Thread