Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Drifting and law enforcement?

Did anyone catch this on the news? my friend told me that they said drifting is now the new street racing, getting caught drifting on teh street is automatic jail time and car impound. and anyone watchin goes to jail to. ANyone hear about this??
Old 04-27-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
where did you hear this?

for most cases, drifting on the street and wreckless driving in general can get your car impounded.

I doubt people watching will get any jail time... they can just argue "I was walking by and saw it"
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
well my friend saw it on tv news last night.. dunno where, but pretty much its gonna get strick
Old 04-27-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Street racing, powersliding, side shows. It all goes under wreckless. If you're dumb enough to do it on the streets and get caught, you deserve it.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
Ricks15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Ricks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
But people are still going to do it regaurdless so fuck it. Socal needs to build more race tracks for people to go too, and thats BS that there is not space or money.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:20 AM   #6
CaoBoY
Zilvia Addict

CaoBoY is making a name for him/her selfCaoBoY is making a name for him/her self
people dont care about racing cars enough, or else they would build more racetracks. its not a national pasttime, thats why they dont care. besides, you have a few actual racetracks around, and drift days, and scca/autoX all over the place. there's plenty of places to race legally, people are just too cheap/ricers that dont have the money to pay for it.
CaoBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:08 AM   #7
HyperTek
Post Whore!

well basically this would cause more random pull overs by cops if your out late at night, cuz they will think you goin drifting or something. Its already bad enough that we get profiled. My friend got pulled over for leaving a bowling alley around 1am and they told him to pop his hood, he wasnt speeding or anything, and his car looks fairly stock. It jus sucks.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:48 AM   #8
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Well, if your car meets the law requirements, then no worry. If not then it's a risk you pay when you drive a modified car.

Plus if you have bald tires, and it's three or so am...
Old 04-28-2006, 02:25 AM   #9
crazyikimasho
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
crazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1sm0r
where did you hear this?

for most cases, drifting on the street and wreckless driving in general can get your car impounded.

I doubt people watching will get any jail time... they can just argue "I was walking by and saw it"
As for just watching, in many states for years now you can be ticketed and possibly losing your license for watching or aiding/abetting street racing. I know for a fact in NC its been like that forever. But yes, like you said drifting, racing, wreckless, its always been similar penalties. You pay to play, thats how it works. Will that keep many of us off the street, no.

There are many sanctioned events growing these days and we should be only drifting/racing these sanctioned events and keep it off the streets. However many people feel that is not enough so they will seek other avenues to practice, etc. Its just gonna turn into a flame war over this. It always does. In an effort to help those interested in sanctioned events Ill give you some sites to check out:

www.justdrift.com
www.driftday.com
www.usdrift.com / www.lookoutdrift.com
www.vegasdrift.com

Im sure there are more I failed to mention but all you have to do is search. If you are in the SoCal area there is an average of about 2 events or more per month.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:42 AM   #10
HyperTek
Post Whore!

yah good points.. im against street racing and what not becuase it just leads more attention to every modified vehicle.. guess its just come to this point.

I been thinking about the older porsche 911 or 914 or late bmw 3 series as a new project car.. hmmmmm
Old 04-28-2006, 11:12 AM   #11
evil_tt
BANNED

evil_tt is on the path to ruinevil_tt is on the path to ruin
I must say I't has gotten worse and worse over time because of movies like F&F(1-2-3) and the initial D trend. I stopped racing on streets cause it just wasn’t worth that little drift on a corner for a ticket..but it is redicicous to get pullen over just for the car you drive and you know this shit's just going to get worse and worse.
evil_tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #12
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
Fuck.................................
Old 04-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #13
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
this sucks
mega bummer dude
totally uncool
this is bogus
ultra super bummer...dood
this reeks* (sp)
thats fwakd up to the max
oooh no its murdaah
dat shiet is wack yo
im running out of words to say.

profiled to the max
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:13 PM   #14
cotbu
Post Whore!

cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Speaking of Law Enforcement and Drifting...

Last month I ask a friend whom is a state boy, If he could get me a few hours on the police driving course. Last friday he pulls me over with flashing lights to tell me, he can get me 4 hours saturday at 10. I invited some friends but told them it might be a setup, so they watched from the fence. I drifted that course hard for an hour and a half. To test the waters before packing up, I left them with 3 360's

It felt good.... but I still think it was a setup.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:39 PM   #15
crazyikimasho
Nissanaholic!

crazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu
Speaking of Law Enforcement and Drifting...

Last friday he pulls me over with flashing lights...
My friends in NC used to do that to me until they put cameras in the patrol cars that came on as soon as you turned the light bar on. Put an end to that real quick.

As for a setup, I dont see how it could be. You're not doing anything illegal you're on a track that you had permission to drive on. It would be different if they were like "hey why don't you go drift those corners over there out on the street and we'll just watch."
Old 04-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #16
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
time to start packing and goto texas.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:18 PM   #17
evil_tt
BANNED

evil_tt is on the path to ruinevil_tt is on the path to ruin
/\-Yeeaaahaw!!
evil_tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:31 PM   #18
Toka Motorsports
Leaky Injector

Toka Motorsports is a well-known jackass
thats why i live in st. louis missouri, cops dont know crap about cars, all they are trained to to is look for meth and other drugs and drug dealers!! you can easily get off with speeding or wreckless driving just by using lame excuses as simple as; "my flipflop got stuck under my pedal" or "i though someone was following me." but im sure in the near future they will start cracking down on the tuner scene....un till then....

Drift, Touge!!!
Toka Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:12 PM   #19
mooboy
Zilvia Junkie

mooboy is making a name for him/her selfmooboy is making a name for him/her self
Don't forget www.ncda.net
Old 04-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #20
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooboy
Don't forget www.ncda.net
Wow, cool. We need one of these in SoCal. (I'm not complaining about driving up there, just not willing to miss 4 days of work a month to drive up and back twice a month since they're on thursdays.)
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:06 AM   #21
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
More reason to sell my car!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:29 AM   #22
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
So people are being angered because it's now being stated that it's illegal to be cought drifting?

It was always illegal. The law enforcment it now just making it known to people who thought it was what, legal!?

I'm not going to talk like I'm a parent, so I'll keep it real. IF you are going to "drift" do it at a time and place where people and inanimate objects arn't present. If you are cought then guess what? The only person to be mad at is yourself.

Street drifting was never legal.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #23
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
moral of the story: dont be cheap and support your local drift events...
Old 04-29-2006, 10:47 AM   #24
Ricks15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Ricks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
California SUCKS
Old 04-29-2006, 02:31 PM   #25
crazyikimasho
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks15
California SUCKS
Do you seriously think its that much different anywhere else? Drifiting on the street is not legal in any state, or any country for that matter.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #26
oridostyle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
oridostyle is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks15
California SUCKS
thats why i registered my car outside of CA.
oridostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:19 PM   #27
speedstar01
Zilvia Junkie

speedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by oridostyle
thats why i registered my car outside of CA.
wait but how would that help, dont you still have to drive in CA?

oh and another question: do you have to get car insurance from the state you registered ur vehicle in?? im just wondering. (the reason i ask is im currently going through a similar situation..)
speedstar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:59 AM   #28
breakindrifts
Zilvia FREAK!

breakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nice
Those who bitch about not being able to street drift, there's always places to do it without worry of cops or bystanders, but there might be an increase in danger of hitting something.

As far as getting profiled goes, just keep your shit a sleeper and quiet and you wont have problem.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:09 AM   #29
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakindrifts
Those who bitch about not being able to street drift, there's always places to do it without worry of cops or bystanders, but there might be an increase in danger of hitting something.

As far as getting profiled goes, just keep your shit a sleeper and quiet and you wont have problem.
Itll get to the point that having a sleeper wont mean shiet. You drive a 240, oh you must drift and have a SR20. Cops will have the same mentality that every FFwd loving kiddies have out there.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:18 AM   #30
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
It's kind of hard to have a sleeper if the car's set right anyway.

The stance and width give it away too easily. It's not like drag cars where we all can wear stock wheels and pretend not to have 800zillion horsepower. Suspension shows.