Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-09-2007, 06:56 AM   #1
ProjNightshade
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
jdm rear license plate mounting

I did a search trying to find how people mount license plates into the JDM s14 kouki rear bumper but i havent found anything adressing it. will you always see the gaping holes or is there some oem bracket? or did you all come up with some trick solution? post pics and details of your method. my car is going in for paint next week, so any help is really appreciated. thanks so much.
ProjNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2007, 07:07 AM   #2
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
there is an OEM hinge bracket that is bolted to the body

Find that adn your fine, otherwise, drill some holes, and use some bolts
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #3
ProjNightshade
Zilvia Member

ProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enough
any idea where i could get my hands on a bracket? id rather it look as oem as possible. any leads would be great. thanks man!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #4
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
just make a bracket. it's not gonna look un-oem as long as you center the plate in the opening.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if it is about to be painted, drill some new holes and fill in the old.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #6
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Metal zipties or drill new holes in the license plate.

Did this really need it's own thread?...
Old 02-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #7
LigouriRd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
LigouriRd will become famous soon enoughLigouriRd will become famous soon enoughLigouriRd will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You are going to have to make some kind of bracket or at least that is what I did. The opening in the back of the bumper is larger than the usdm licence plate itself. I have no idea how the jdm plate is even mounted since there are no holes in the thing to start with.

I cut am 1/8 aluminum plate just a bit smaller than the whole plate recess, covering up the unsightly jdm cutout. I screwed the plate the the bumper and then drilled the aluminum plate for the usdm licence plate.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #8
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigouriRd
You are going to have to make some kind of bracket or at least that is what I did. The opening in the back of the bumper is larger than the usdm licence plate itself. I have no idea how the jdm plate is even mounted since there are no holes in the thing to start with.

I cut am 1/8 aluminum plate just a bit smaller than the whole plate recess, covering up the unsightly jdm cutout. I screwed the plate the the bumper and then drilled the aluminum plate for the usdm licence plate.

you got a fake ebay plate didn't you.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #9
LigouriRd
Zilvia Member

LigouriRd will become famous soon enoughLigouriRd will become famous soon enoughLigouriRd will become famous soon enough
Mental note to me: Kill you l8er.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
ProjNightshade
Zilvia Member

thanks for the help guys. I got some black lexan to mount into the bumper from the back and I'm going to mount my plate to that. again, I appreciate the response
Old 02-09-2007, 06:26 PM   #11
Shaminii
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Shaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Shaminii
Double sided automotive tape works good for me.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:04 PM   #12
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

nrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to nrg
i found a plastic front license plate tray and used it as a bracket to mount my rear plate on my kouki bumper. Revet the tray to the backside of the bumper, Looks oem

driftingisgay.com
nrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #13
motonagam
Leaky Injector

motonagam is an unknown quantity at this point
I ziptied mine through the hole in the bumper behind the license plate. The tension of the ziptie pulling the license plate down into the clip will hold the bottom portion of the plate in place, as the ziptie holds the top portion.
motonagam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #14
ProjNightshade
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg
i found a plastic front license plate tray and used it as a bracket to mount my rear plate on my kouki bumper. Revet the tray to the backside of the bumper, Looks oem
got any pics showing your setup? thanks
Old 03-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #15
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

nrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud of
got my hand on a camera.

driftingisgay.com
Old 03-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #16
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
does anyone else realize those JDM tye plates aren't the standard bolt hole spacing. get a drill and make it fit, and why is it so important to fit a fake j-land plate.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:38 PM   #17
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

^ what are you talking about? this isn't about japanese license plate. it's about mounting USDM plates on a japanese bumper.

driftingisgay.com
Old 03-01-2007, 11:58 PM   #18
ProjNightshade
Zilvia Member

thanks so much for the negative rep...i really love people who cant read...

on a positive note, thanks for the pics nrg

once i get back to tampa from school i'll be putting on some black lexan as a backing in a similar fashion to yours...only my piece should cover the entire empty space
Old 03-02-2007, 12:18 AM   #19
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Bell makes a universal mounting kit that you can get at walmart that also works.